List with Vela
"I have been a sailor and a boat owner for the past 20 years. During that time I have dealt with many brokers both as a vendor and a purchaser. I must say that I was totally impressed with the level of professionalism, knowledge, and honesty that you demonstrated."
--- A. Riddell
Selecting the best brokerage firm to sell your vessel is an important choice. Factors to consider include how familiar is the brokerage with your type of vessel? Is the sales dock located in a high traffic area to maximize exposure? Where will your boat be advertised? What is the reputation of the brokerage? Can you trust them to always act in your best interest?
Before signing with any broker we highly recommend that you invest the time to ask questions and compare the answers you receive.
At Vela we believe that we can get the job done for you! But, don't just believe us. Ask our clients! We're happy to provide a list of referrals that you can contact.
Why would you list with Vela? Here are a few of our strengths according to our satisfied clients:
Here's are a few of our strengths according to our satisfied clients:
At Vela Yachts we'll work hard on your behalf. In addition, we can bring you benefits that you may not find elsewhere. When choosing a brokerage to list your vessel with please consider us. We look forward to the opportunity to earn your business.
- Our Greater Victoria location combined with Oak Bay Marina’s open door policy provides you with maximum exposure seven days a week! The Internet is a great way to search for vessels for sale but there is nothing like "touching and feeling" the real thing. Our central location in Victoria, at the Oak Bay Marina, experiences high traffic all year round.
- We're a small brokerage so we work harder! When you list your vessel with Vela you'll deal one on one with us. Clients that come to see your vessel will also get the same personal attention. In addition, we'll show your boat seven days a week, even after regular business hours. we work harder.
- We're boaters first, brokers second! Long before we were brokers we were boaters. We have personally owned both power and sail, spent the Summers coastal cruising, and crossed oceans in our own vessels. We truly know boats inside and out. That knowledge means we can help buyers be confident that your boat is the right choice for them.
- Moorage is available for your listed vessel! We can effectively sell your vessel while it remains in your slip. However, for maximum exposure we recommend showing your boat at Vela's sales dock at the Oak Bay Marina. Vessels at our sales dock simply sell faster!
- We work well with other brokers to double your exposure! We are a cooperating broker. That means that we encourage other brokers to bring their clients to see our listings by sharing our commission with them. While some brokers prefer to work alone, our primary goal is to sell your boat at the best price as quickly as possible.
- Smart advertising brings buyers! In addition to the high exposure our location offers we'll advertise your boat on Yachtworld.com, Boats.com, and in several yachting magazines. For very special boats targeted at specialized buyers we can help design a custom marketing and advertising plan.
- An on-site marine yard eases deal completion! Having a marine ways, chandlery, and marine mechanic right here at the Oak Bay Marina means that we can work with the buyers of your vessel to quickly and easily remove subjects and complete the sale. These conveniences for the buyer make a vessel listed with Vela very attractive.
- Your best interest is always our top priority! There is only one thing we want more than to sell your boat, and that is to make sure you enjoy the experience. We'll take great care of you, just ask any of our clients! Of course, we're members of the BC Yacht Brokers Association and live up to their ethical standards.
Vela Yacht Sales
1327 Beach Drive|
Oak Bay Marina
Victoria, BC V8S 2N4, Canada
Tel (250) 595-BOAT
Fax (250) 595-1929