Shortly after World War II, Jim Northrop and George Johnson formed a partnership to provide a quality yacht brokerage service to their close circle of yachting companions on Long Island Sound. The first office opened in 1949 in lower Manhattan and began a tradition of what was to become one of the largest and most respected yacht brokerages in the world.
Northrop and Johnson’s reputation as the “Gentlemen Brokers” spread quickly in the New York yachting community. By the early 1960’s they expanded with offices in Stamford, CT; Miami, FL and Marblehead, MA. In 1971 KeesVan Vlietopened the first US Yacht Brokerage office in Europe. By the late 70’s there were additional offices in Newport, RI; Spain and St. Petersburg, FL.
From the very beginning, Northrop and Johnson harnessed the power of partnership. Now, 59 years later, the partnerships are still growing and the name Northrop and Johnson remains synonymous with honesty, integrity and professionalism around the world.
Offices in: Mallorca Spain; Florida, Rhode Island, Boston & San Diego in the USA; British Virgin Isles; Hong Kong
Northrop and Johnson Spain