J122 Equipment and video
Rigged & Ready To Sail
Your Choice of Sails & Electronics
J- 122 #50
Bootstripe: Flag Blue
Deck Color: White w/Smoke White
Cushion Color: Reps Marine
18 Function Electrical Panel
Harken 53.2 STA primaries in lieu
Port locker cut out to bunk
Teak cockpit floor
Kevlar backstay in lieu
Lewmar Carbon Fiber Wheel in lieu
Lifeline gates – port & starboard
Molded instrument pod on seahood
Removable transom locker
2 Additional opening ports in aft face of cabin
Flip up pilot berth to starboard
White slat-effect hull sidings in fore/aft cabins
Black painted boom
Clear coat carbon mast in lieu
Schaefer whisker pole track with pin stop car
LOPO tricolor/anchor light
Padded Table cover
• SCRIMP infusion molded sandwich construction by J/Europe using uni-and multi-directional fibreglass, low
density balsa core, vinylester resin providing a 10 year anti-osmosis warranty and a 5 year structural warranty.
• White gelcoat hull finish with integrated gelcoat double boot stripe
• Off-white deck with optional choice of non-skid colors
• Hull-to-deck joint is bonded with a methacrylate structural adhesive.
• Transverse/longitudinal grids and mast step are infused as part of the hull moulding.
• SCRIMP infusion moulded, main bulkhead.
• All intermediate bulkheads are glassed to hull and deck for stiffness.
• Low VCG keel with encapsulated cast iron fin with lead bulb, bolted and bonded to shallow sump, with seamed
joint to allow for easy removal.
• ORC legal foredeck toe rails moulded into the deck.
• Large capacity self draining foredeck chain locker, with space for optional windlass.
• Two side lockers in cockpit, each capable of life-raft stowage.
• One aft locker in cockpit sole (aft of wheel).
• Option for a removable aft locker/dock box.
• One Gas/LPG bottle locker, vented and drained overboard.
• Integrated mounting in seahood for dodger attachment. Option for seahood with instrument pod.
• Transom platform with removable swimming ladder.
• Balanced, composite rudder using uni and multi-directional fibreglass, on high resistance stainless steel stock,
turning on JP3 self-aligning bearings.
SPARS AND RIGGING
• Auto-claved carbon fiber mast, runnerless with double spreaders (black), mainsail track, finished in white
• White painted aluminium boom, with 12:1 outhaul purchase sytem, two reef line sheaves, internal mainsheet
anchoring point and forward articulated blocks to deck.
• Pre-molded mast wedge system, and adjustable mast step.
• Discontinuous rod rigging (Nitronic 50).
• Remote panel hydraulic backstay adjuster with panel installed on forward face of pedestal.
• SS hydraulic panel guard
• Jib furling system with integrated furler drum into the deck.
• Retractable carbon bowsprit controlled from cockpit with watertight containment box draining overboard.
• Solid boomvang with 24:1 integral purchase system.
• One Vectran mainsail halyard.
• One Vectran genoa halyard with snap shackle.
• One spinnaker halyard with snap shackle.
• Sheet package of two spinnaker sheets, two jib sheets, one Spectra main sheet, and one Spectra tack line with
• Mainsail traveller lines.
• Adjustable jib car lines.
• Two reef lines.
• Two Harken 48.2 STA self-tailing primary winches.
• Two Harken 46.2 STA mainsheet winches.
• Two Harken 44.2 STA halyard winches on aft end of coachroof.
• Three Harken lock-in winch handles, including two “Speed Grip” type.
• Six winch handle holders.
• Belowdecks 2:1 Harken mainsheet system starting at the traveler, led forward through the boom, down to
sidedecks, then aft under deck to cockpit winches.
May 14, 2008
• Harken adjustable mainsheet traveller with 6:1 purchase with ratchets and cam cleats attached to car.
• Harken jib tracks, with ball-bearing car system and 8 :1 adjustable purchase led to the cockpit.
• Two Harken footblocks for jib sheets.
• Harken spinnaker sheet blocks mounted on throughdeck U bolts.
• Five Harken mast base turning blocks.
• Two 4-sheave deck organisers to lead halyards and reef lines aft.
• Four Spinlock XCS stoppers on each side of coachroof.
• Spinnaker tack line led aft to Spinlock XCS stopper on starboard side of coachroof.
• Roller furling control line led aft to Spinlock XCS stopper on port side of coachroof.
• Bowsprit control line led to cockpit.
• Two stainless mooring cleats at the bow.
• Two stainless mooring cleats at aft sidedeck (P&S).
• Stainless chainplates for shrouds and backstay
• One foredeck opening hatch (500 x 500 mm) with vent.
• One opening hatch (340 x 200) for heads.
• One opening hatch (340 x 200) for forward cabin.
• One opening hatch (500 x 370 mm) for main cabin.
• Two opening ports (304 x 155 mm) for forward cabin and heads.
• Four opening ports (670 x 170 mm) for main cabin.
• Four opening ports for aft cabins (two on sides, two in cockpit).
• Two cabin air exhaust vent openings in main cabin overhead below seahood.
• Four line bags shipped loose.
• Option for large companionway dodger with removable sides and opening front.
• Stainless handrails on top of coachroof.
• Double rail stainless pulpit and pushpit.
• Double lifeline system with 8 stanchions including 4 with reinforcing leg.
• 59 inch aluminum racing wheel, leather covered, mounted to custom moulded pedestal, with wheel well and
• Compass on wheel pedestal with stainless binnacle guard.
• Acrylic companionway washboard with lock, stored in aft cockpit locker.
• Emergency tiller.
• Cold-moulded, solid, and laminated light mahogany wood, finished in satin varnish.
• Removable wood effect veneered floor panels with lockdown hardware and ss metal ferrules and flush
• White wood hull lining effect in main cabin. Vinyl lining on hull sides in sleeping cabins.
• Cored and insulated doors to all cabin areas.
• Large double V-berth with top access lockers below.
• Large hanging locker, desk with storage above and below.
• Locker and bookshelf on port side.
• Shelf above berth on port side, bow sprit containment area to starboard
• Access door to main cabin and forward head.
• Integrally moulded for easy maintenance, with shower tray, sink with access below to seacocks, toilet roll
• Sink is recessed in synthetic resin colored worktop, with rail for hand towel.
• Retractable faucet/shower with pressurized hot and cold water.
May 14, 2008
• Electric shower drain pump.
• Large storage area along the hull side with dual hinged & angled mirror doors.
• Recessed access door to main and forward cabins with morticed locksets.
AFT CABINS (Port & Starboard)
• Large hanging locker.
• Locker with doors, storage below and above.
• Shelf along the hull side.
• Large double berth.
• Access door to engine.
• Option for extra water tank under berth (Starboard cabin).
• Recessed access doors to main cabin with morticed locksets.
CHART TABLE (to port)
• Large forward facing chart table.
• Chart and navigation tool storage under table top lid.
• Drawer and locker storage under chart table.
• Top access bookshelf/bin locker outboard.
• Large hinge down panels outboard and on angled face for instruments.
• Overhead halogen light and dedicated snake like chart light.
• Navigator’s seat with storage below.
• Large storage locker and shelf aft of nav seat with hinge down access panel on forward face.
• Settee/berths to port and starboard.
• Drop leaf table with integrated solid mahogany rails and bottle storage compartment.
• Large storage lockers behind backrests.
• Water tank and fuel tank under settees.
• Two stainless handrails on overhead.
• Two lockers and bookshelf outboard of both port and starboard settees.
U-SHAPED GALLEY (to starboard)
• Gimballed LPG gas stove with oven and 2 burners, with s/s protection bar.
• Double s/s sink unit recessed in synthetic resin worktop.
• Pressurized hot and cold water.
• Large moulded icebox/fridge, with single top access, divider and storage shelf.
• Two utensil drawers.
• Large storage under drawers.
• Storage under sink with shelf.
• Trash bin with direct access from worktop.
• Full length locker outboard of galley worktop with vented locker doors & crockery storage system.
• Cold moulded fiddle around the edge of the worktop with integrated handrail.
• White laminate finish for better wear resistance.
• Open locker/molded shelf with large wood retaining fiddle at top companionway step for loose deck gear.
• Steps with angled treads between bulkheads.
• SS handrails mounted between bulkheads.
• Front engine access through piston assisted hinge-up lid.
May 14, 2008
PLUMBING AND ELECTRICAL
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
• Electric bilge pump with switch from automatic to manual with control and individual warning light.
• Shower drain pump with filter.
• Pressurized water system.
• 12V DC refrigeration.
• Stainless water tank (42 gallon) under main cabin settee (additional water tank as option).
• Icebox drain.
• 5 gallon hot water tank.
• Marine WC.
• Holding tank with Y-valve and pump-out. 2nd holding tank added with optional two cabin/two head layout.
• Two 80 AH AGM type batteries & one 70 AH battery for engine, with switches. The batteries are charged by
either the engine or the battery charger.
• 12V electrical panel, with fuel gauge, voltmeter and ampmeter.
• 110V main circuit breaker and panel.
• Halogen lights on ceilings and swivelling tulip lights in cabins.
• Ceiling light in heads.
• Low voltage LED navigation lights on pushpit and pulpit.
• Steaming light and mooring light.
• Grounding system for protection against lightning.
• 110V Shorepower inlet with 30 amp service two outlets at galley and nav station (no cord)
• Volvo D2 40 HP Saildrive diesel engine, 115 AH alternator, with double diode and fresh water-cooling with heat
• Volvo engine controls & fuel guage recessed in cockpit, with plexiglass protection, including rev. counter, hour
meter and alarms for oil pressure, low voltage and water temperature.
• 35 gallon aluminum fuel tank.
• Sound insulated engine compartment, ventilation pipes.
• Two-blade folding propeller.
• Two-tone deck
• Removable transom box
• Windlass with removable bow roller (currently under review)
• Molded instrument pod on seahood
• Lifeline gates (Port & Starboard)
• Thurston Dodger with side curtains
• Two cabin, two head interior layout with two holding tanks.
• Varnished wood or white slat hull sidings in fore/aft cabins
• Additional water tank
• Two opening ports in aft face of coachroof
Specifications are subject to change prior to delivery due to deletion, additions or revisions in quantities, brand or design at
sole discretion of J/Boats, Inc.
J122 Sailing Video
447 E. Boston Post Rd.|
Mamaroneck, NY 10543, United States
Toll-free (877) 606-0401
Tel (914) 381-5900
Fax (914) 381-5060