Calendar of Events
50th Annual Ocracoke Regatta
June 15, 2013
Indian Island to Ocracoke
NOTICE OF RACE
McCotters Marina is proud to sponsor the Pamlico Sailing Club’s Ocracoke Regatta, the longest running big boat event on the east coast because it's the most FUN! You don't have to be an accomplished sailboat racer to participate – you don't even have to be a blow-boater! The Ocracoke Regatta is open to any and all who want to spend a fun day out on the water, then get together to enjoy each other's company and share a little grub & grog in Ocracoke.
The Regatta will be governed by the 720 Rule, 2009-2012 US Sailing Rules and PHRF Rules. Further sailing instructions may be given by the Race Committee Boat the morning of the race. Monitor VHF channels 16/68.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
- The Regatta is open to any vessel in seaworthy condition!
- Call 252-975-2174 or e-mail for a registration form. Complete the form and mail it, together with the required fees to:
McCotters Marina, Ocracoke Regatta Entry, 179 McCotters Marina Rd., Washington, NC 27889 or fax the form along with credit card information to: 252-975-8009. Checks should be made out to Pamlico Sailing Club. Late entries will be accepted until 7 AM on June 16, 2011 at the Committee Boat.
- A special “Party” Class is provided for power & sailboats who don’t want to race, but who want to participate in a fun event.
- First warning horn will sound at 8 AM, Saturday, June 15
- 8:05 am Start All Classes
- The start line will be BETWEEN marker #3 and Indian Island and the R/C Boat. In the event of light winds, the start may be moved to Pamlico Point.
- Leave Pamlico Point #PP to Starboard
- Leave Inner Middle #M to Port
- Finish between Royal Shoal #3 and the R/C Boat
- The R/C boat will remain on station until 5 PM if needed. Any vessels finishing later may take their own finishing time and be eligible for awards.
- Awards Party will be held from 6:00 until ? across from the Park Service Docks.
179 McCotter's Marina Rd|
Washington, NC 27889, United States
Tel (252) 975- 2174
Fax (252) 975- 8009