Welcome to David Jones Yacht Brokerage at Rockport Marine
David Jones Yacht Brokerage at Rockport Marine specializes in the marketing and sales of classic wooden boats - from traditional schooners, blue water cruisers, cutters, yawls, ketches and sloops to more modern replicas. We concentrate on our favorite designers such as Alden, Crocker, Fife, Herreshoff, Hinckley, Rhodes, Stephens, and White. We also represent and market boat builders and new wooden boats.
We are located in Rockport, Maine and have associates in Italy, France and New Zealand as well as strong relationships with leading brokerage firms throughout the world. We have a choice and limited selection of boats which allows us evaluate the vessels as if we were the prospective purchaser.
We welcome inquiries!
125' Gloucester Fishing Schooner
American Eagle has a rich history. Today she looks and feels like a new boat. Her fair lines, solid timber and tarred rigging are as they were three generations ago when she first went to work in the waters off New England. She was recently designated a National Historic Landmark, and is one of very few sailing vessels licensed for international voyages.
American Eagle is:
- National Historic Landmark
- Rebuilt, maintained and operated by the owner
- Ten times winner of the Gloucester Schooner Race
- Certificated for 56 day, 28 overnight, operator and two deckhands
- Tall Ship event participant
- Last fishing schooner built in Gloucester, with historic connections to the Gertrude L. Thebaud and Capt. Ben Pine
- Currently carries a passenger safety certificate and SOLAS exemptions/certification for voyages to Canada
- Good reputation and loyal following since 1986
- New sails and awning 2013
PHOTO CREDITS: Greg Gettens, Dick Loehr, Fred LeBlanc, Noah Barnes, Peter Owens, Eric Klem, Anthony Marks, Kathy Foss, Michael Carstanjen
David Jones Yacht Brokerage at Rockport Marine
P.O. Box 203|
Rockport, ME 04856, United States
Tel (207) 236-9651
Fax (207) 236-0758