42' Morris M42
The Morris Yachts M-42 developed out of the wild success of her smaller sister, the M-36. Retaining all of the great ease of handling features and classic beauty of the M-36, the M-42 provides greater interior volume for more luxurious accommodations below and an even larger cockpit with more generous seating. Morris Yachts and the legendary design firm Sparkman and Stephens have once again teamed up to produce a yacht of lasting beauty – a yacht that will grace any harbor and provide her owner with pride of ownership for many years. Mistral is arguably one of the nicest M-42 built to date and shows extremely well. She has been professionally maintained by Morris Yachts since built, and always stored seasonally in a heated building. She comes highly recommended.
LOA: 42’ 3” Ballast: 6235 lb.
LWL: 30’ Windlass: Electric Windlass
Beam: 11’3” Electrical Circuit: 12V
Max. Bridge Clearance: 60’ Fuel Tanks #: 1
Min. Draft: 5’8 Fuel Tanks Capacity: 50 gal.
Fresh Water Tanks #: 1 Holding Tanks #: 1
Fresh Water Tanks Capacity: 50 gal. Holding Tanks Capacity: 20 gal.
Dry Weight: 16300 lb. Number of Heads: 1
Number of Single Berths: 2 Number of Double Berths: 1
Hull and Deck:
- Manually consolidated composite hull with Vinylester resin and vacuum bagged Core-Cell core.
- Composite longitudinal stringers and transverse keel floors.
- Fiberglass engine bed.
- Manually consolidated composite deck and superstructure with Vinylester resin and Core-Cell core.
- High- density core replaces the standard core in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- High performance bulbed keel.
- High aspect ratio carbon/epoxy spade rudder.
- Gelcoat deckhouse and gloss varnished teak exterior joinery.
- Optional teak decking.
- Awlgripped hull.
- Double bootstripe.
- All sheets, main halyard, jib furling line, main furling line, and vang control lines are led below deck to rope clutches and electric winches located at control pods in the cockpit within easy reach of the helmsperson. Forward of the control pods are spacious port and starboard cockpit seats. The seats are over six feet in length and comfortably suitable for seating six adults or taking a nap. Hatches on all three cockpit seats allow access to below-decks storage.
- Gloss-varnished teak drop-leaf table (with integrated insulated cooler) is permanently fixed to the cockpit sole.
- Optional boom light with dimmer switch in cockpit.
- Varnished teak steering wheel.
- Optional teak veneer on inside face and top of dodger coaming.
- Two stainless steel cup holders in winch pods.
- Saloon style removable companionway doors (storage bag in cockpit locker).
- Sunbrella closed cell foam cockpit seat cushions.
- Optional cockpit backrest cushions.
- Canvas pedestal and wheel cover.
- Optional companionway teak track with acrylic drop boards.
- Optional teak seahood.
- Optional canvas dodger with stainless steel bows, elkhide covered grab rails and cover.
- Optional cockpit shower with hot/cold pressure water.
- Yanmar 3JH4E x SD Saildrive unit, 39H FWC marine diesel engine.
- Flex-O-Fold 16” two-blade propeller.
- Yanmar engine mount pan – fiberglass.
- Morris custom instrument panel at the helm:
- Faria gauges with stainless steel bezels.
- Ignition switch.
- Start/stop buttons.
- Audible alarms for cooling water, high temperature, low lube oil pressure, and Saildrive water flow.
- Tachometer with hour meter.
- Illumination switch.
- Morse single lever throttle located on the pedestal.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- Yanmar spares kit and service manual.
- Racor model #220 spin on fuel/water separator.
- 50-gallon aluminum fuel tank with stainless steel deck fill.
A comfortable, spacious interior with full standing headroom, finished in classic Herreshoff style with antique white bulkheads and gloss-varnished solid mahogany joinery and gloss vanished cabin sole. V-groove overhead. The port and starboard settees are designed for comfortable lounging or sleeping. The mahogany drop-leaf table incorporates liquor storage and invites gracious dining. A modern “butterfly-style” hatch with teak exterior veneer above the dining table, eith large fixed portlights, five stainless steel overhead hatches (with mahogany trimmed screens) and two 4” stainless steel dorade vents provide great natural light and ventilation. Twin end tables with storage lockers below and lockers with shelves outboard are built in the forward end of the settees. Custom storage lockers aft and above the backrests. Optional custom wine bottle storage and glass rack. Hanging locker forward of the head with drop board storage and extra hanging bar. Lockers outboard at the forward end of the settees provides additional storage. Open shelves outboard at the aft end of the settees provide space for books, etc. Optional custom vent pattern in locker doors. The forward cabin provides an optional centerline queen size berth, full length shelves, second set of reading lights with dimmers and two large drop-fronts to access the space under the berth. Mahogany countertops with gloss varnish. Forward cabin bulkhead finished in white raised panels Mahogany veneered cabin sides and companionway bulkhead with stain varnish.
- Located aft to starboard.
- Isotherm top loading 12VDC refrigerator with stainless steel liner and wire basket.
- Force 10 two-burner propane stove with thermostat controlled oven on a gimbal mount.
- Optional microwave oven.
- Corian countertop.
- Custom Corian cutting board that fits stove top.
- Mirror-polished stainless steel sink with chrome single lever mixer faucet.
- Garbage bin.
- Located aft to port.
- Corian countertop with Corian sink and single lever faucet.
- Grohe mixer valve with wall mount shower head.
- Molded fiberglass floor pan with integral shower sump and electric drain pump.
- Shower enclosure.
- Mirror with frame on forward bulkhead.
- Half-length beveled mirror on head door.
- Oiled teak joinery.
Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- ICOM IC-M422 waterproff VHF Radio with additional cockpit-mounted Command Microphone.
- Raymarine ST60 displays (3) for speed, depth and wind mounted in the cockpit.
- Optional Raymarine C80 color radar/plotter at pedestal with canvas cover.
- Optional Raymarine ST6001 S1G Autopilot with S100 wireless hand-held remote.
- Optional Aquatic AV AM/FM stereo CD player with Sonace speakers and remote.
- Optional extra Aquatic stereo control pad mounted on the port side of the binnacle.
- Optional i-Pod interface for stereo.
- Optional XM satellite radio.
- Optional Alpine waterproof cockpit speakers.
- Ritchie 5” pedestal mount compass with polished stainless steel cover.
- Perko bi-color bow light and transom stern light.
- Aquasignal tri-color masthead light and combo steaming/deck flood light.
- Spreader lights.
- Mastervolt AGM house batteries – two (450 Ah @ 12 VDC).
- Optima 1000M amp engine start battery with 800 cold cranking amps. (New 2011)
- Mastervolt 90 Amp/12 VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging.
- Mastervolt 12 VDC/110 VAC distribution panel.
- Optional Mastervolt 2000 watt inverter/charger. (New 2011)
- 110V shore power system with (2) outlets, stainless steel power inlet, and 50’ x 30 amp cord.
- Zinc saver galvanic isolator on AC system ground wire.
- Interior reading lights with dimmers.
- Overhead lights with red/white option.
- Courtesy lights.
- Optional LED light with pressure switch in wine locker.
- Optional Espar D-4 Cabin Heater with three vents.
FRESH WATER SYSTEM
- 50-gallon fresh water capacity.
- Stainless steel deck fill.
- ShurFlo pressure water system pump.
- Atlantic 6-gallon stainless steel water heater plumbed to engine heat exchanger and 110VAC.
- Whale water system filter.
- Cruz-Pro multi-tank gauge system.
- Optional Tecma macerating marine toilet.
- 20-gallon Polyethylene waste holding tank with gravity drain to seacock for overboard discharge.
- Snake River external tank level monitor.
- Diaphragm 12VDC bilge pump with removable strainer.
- Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near helm in cockpit.
STEERING AND RUDDER
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system.
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost.
- Emergency tiller.
Spars and Rigging:
- Carbon fiber mast by Hall Spars.
- Fractional rig with swept-back spreaders.
- Optional Leisurefurl in-boom mainsail furling system.
- Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track.
- Schaefer 3100 manual headsail furling system.
- Standing rigging is Navtec stainless steel rod.
- Navtec integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Hall Quick-Vang.
- Running rigging is low-stretch New England Rope.
- Lewmar rope clutches.
- Lewmar 30CCST halyard winch.
- Lewmar 50 CCEST electric self-tailing primary winches (with switches on bulkhead and optionally cockpit sole).
- Lewmar 44 CCST manual secondary winch.
Sails: Sail inventory is by Quantum Sails and includes the following:
- Optional Leisurefurl Norlam full-batten main
- 100% self-tacking jib.
- Optional Gennaker (with launch/retrieval collar system).
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Delta 35-lb. anchor w/150’ nylon, 15’ of chain.
- Anchor deployment system with manually rotating arm and integral anchor roller in foredeck locker.
- Lewmar V2 stainless steel windlass with rope/chain gypsy.
- Salt water wash-down system with stainless steel spigot located in the anchor locker.
- Docking lines and fenders (with fleece covers).
- Aluminum boat hook.
- Optional cockpit jacklines and padeyes.
- Optional secured cabin sole lift-outs.
- Kidde Mariner 110 portable dry chemical fire extinguishers (3).
- Optional MOM overboard module.
- Wooden plugs for each thruhulls.
- Optional jack lines.
- (2) Mobri radar reflectors.
- Varnished teak flagstaff and flag.
- Optional canvas cabin sole covers.
- Folding boarding ladder with canvas storage bag.
- Burgee staff.
- Optional Chelsea ships clock and barometer.
- Hella turbo fans (4).
- Tool kit, spare bulbs and fuses.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information, nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.