An amazing opportunity presents itself! If you have been mourning the loss of one of the greatest boat builders ever…if you were always going to buy one…you need to act now! There is one last Valiant 50 available. Still at the Valiant Factory, stored inside for you! You can still make her all yours! If you want anything extra, they can do anything you want!! AND YOU WILL BE SAVING A LOT OF MONEY!
You already know that the Valiant is legendary. This is the standard against which blue water boats are measured. More cruising couples and solo sailors have chosen Valiant than any other boat. The Valiant 50 was developed in 1997 based on a modernization of the Valiant 47 made famous by several solo circumnavigations. As you read all the details in the full specs, we have tried to do justice to this incredible last Valiant 50. This is the last one, and she just might be the best one. Here are some highlights…
The owner, a pilot, who commissioned this boat had previously commissioned a new Valiant 42 and sailed her extensively. He already knew that a Valiant was the best built boat and the best ocean going boat he could buy and single-hand. Out of his knowledge and his blue water sailing experience he sought to build the most perfect Valiant. His Valiant 50 would be quite simply, and virtually maintenance free! He worked hard to plan ahead to anticipate maintenance needed down the road and attempt to minimize and eliminate any and all sources of troubles and maintenance. He also focused on redundancy which translates to safety and comfort!
While Valiant builds every boat to robust and exacting standards, each new owner can specify details and customize the boat. Many new owners do not have experience to plan ahead, but this owner had a lot of experience! His goal was to use his experience to define the specifications for the ultimate comfortable, safe, and maintenance free tropical cruising experience. While so many Valiant owners were drawn to a beautiful solid color hull, he chose a beautiful White which is so much cooler for life in the tropics. Instead of the traditional Valiant cove stripe, he spec’d a single blue line stem to stern that is so elegant. The decks are a cream that is soft on your eyes in the tropical sun, and I think he copied that from us and a few other specifics we love!
Every system from electrical requirements to plumbing was carefully considered based on the real experience. He knew that in the tropics, you don’t need air conditioning. He knew that more systems mean more maintenance and more effort. He understood that solar power and wind power has now evolved to the point where there is no need for a generator. This boat is designed as a completely 12 volt boat that can happily live at anchor and be completely self sufficient. Instead of a generator he used the space low and centerline to add more batteries. There are eight batteries organized in two banks. With a total of 840 amp hours, this Valiant 50 is pretty self sufficient. You can leave her at anchor or on a mooring with the refrigerator and freezer running, which is of course exactly what you need to be able to do.
With regard to safety, having sailed thousands of ocean miles, he understood that you must plan for the weather you certainly hope you will never see. Valiant is probably among the strongest boats built and starting with that as a platform he set out to make the boat even stronger! He had the factory add an additional layer of 1.5 oz matt and 24 oz woven roving from the keel sump to the sheer, so indeed, this Valiant 50 is the strongest of the strong. A single thru hull for water intake supplies the engine, generator, deck wash down, and water maker which was to be installed later. There are only four thru hulls in the boat, all on the starboard side for easy access, and all with bronze ball valve sea cocks! Extra cleats and chocks mid ship are installed in solid fiberglass to make it so much more secure when you tie up the boat for a hurricane. He enjoyed planning for every event that will likely not ever happen, but….so he had Valiant build custom stern hardware (essentially two robust and firmly anchored chain plates!) that allow for a bulletproof means of attaching a drogue. Wow!
No big Maintenance Ever was the goal. Everything that could be done to make the boat totally trouble free ever, was done. Sometimes at great cost! Well, his cost! Your benefit! For example, there is solid fiberglass in lieu of high density foam in critical areas including chain plates, staysail track, handrails. There is high density foam instead of Balsa in other areas. He looked at every aspect of the build and upgraded it. Truly this boat will last forever! Every known point of wear has been addressed with an upgrade. For example the chain locker bulkhead has an extra layer of fiberglass. How do you make the world’s toughest boat tougher! More!
The interior was also well thought out based on his cruising in the tropics and what really works at sea and at anchor. Valiant did not need too many tweaks; however, he still took advantage of every opportunity to make the boat even better. Every item was considered in terms of comfort and safety.
This vessel took over a year and a half to complete at a cost of near 850K. We have the factory invoice of $720K! We have the invoices for sails, electronics, and safety gear to include $150K in inventory purchased separately, including all the electronics, radar, plotter, SSB, sailing instruments, Quantum sails, Dinghy, and safety gear. One more trip to West Marine is all you need to hop aboard and sail anywhere. This is even better than buying a brand new boat, someone did it for you.
Highlights of the Factory Options include:
- Complete with Radar, Plotter, SSB, VHF, Sailing Instruments, Autopilot, Monitor windvane
- Complete suite of Quantum sails and storm sails!
- Complete with dinghy!
- Valiant Arch with outboard lifting crane and Davit System
- Valiant Hard Dodger
- Custom hand hold in companionway
- Upgraded hull layup schedule
- Upgraded Monel keel bolts, instead of stainless steel, very expensive
- Upgraded cleats and mounting
- Upgrade to Hood stainless steel hatches
- Upgraded bronze ball valve sea cocks
- Upgraded cleats and two extra cleats and chocks mid ship
- Attachment points for a drogue or tow rope on the stern
- Custom folding pad eyes for dinghy tie down
- Custom bow roller attachments for spinnaker and for kedge anchor
- Tides marine rudder bearing
- Upgraded batteries and custom installation - eight AGM Lifeline Concord GPL 31T batteries instead of standard gel
- 12 volt refrigeration with two plates in freezer and one in fridge with thermostat
- Upgrade to Max prop and line cutter spurs
- Upgrade to custom Dual Racor system
- Spurs – prop shaft line cutter
- Custom prep for water maker installation
- Stern anchor, hawse pipe and roller with chain/rode locker
- Upgrade to bronze scupper drains
- Wema gauges for tanks
- Upgrade to additional propane locker plumbing
- Custom extra wide port settee (berth)
- Upgrade to pull out port settee to make double berth
- Custom extra large V berth – this is way bigger!
- Custom aft cabin arrangement with lee board
- Customized nav station
- Courtesy red and white interior lights LED
- Corian counters “Savannah” with custom back splash also
- Seagull filtered water
- Cabinet extension in galley with extra storage and more counter space
- Locking fridge and freezer lids and for dry storage
- Custom fiddles to make use of all storage spots
- Upgrade to Force 10 stove
- Upgrades to LED nav lights
- Upgrades to cabin lighting – all LED with red and white lights for
- Complete electronics, navigation and communication all installed at the factory
- Chocks on deck for second downwind pole
- All control lines led to the cockpit
- And the list goes on and on….read on
And you can add anything you want because she is still indoors at the factory!
It would be incredibly easy for you to add custom cabinetry or additional systems that you might desire for your cruising plans. The Valiant Factory is ready, willing, and able to accommodate your desires to make this boat your own brand new Valiant 50! She doesn’t even have a name and hailing port.
It is truly an honor to be able to offer the last new Valiant 50 to the world. For 35 years, Valiant Yachts remained in constant production building one of the world’s very best boats.
Call us. We love to talk about the wonder of this one of a kind and the very last new Valiant 50.