• Twin 1.8L Yamaha High Output marine engines.
• New helm design.
• New grey watersports towers available on AR240 models.
• Thrust directional enhancer for improved slow speed handling.
• Expansive bow seating that features Yamaha’s “rumble” seat design.
• Award-winning stern lounge and swim platform design.
• GPS instrumentation, Cruise Assist and 3-position No Wake Mode.
• Every part of the boat: Hull, deck and engine all manufactured and assembled by Yamaha
• 11-person capacity.
• The watersports edition of the 240 Series.
• New grey fold-down aluminum watersports tower.
• Comes standard with convertible lounge seat.
• Available in Red, Black or Carbon.
Featuring the largest boat platform ever offered by Yamaha, the 24-foot, 11-person, 240 Series provides more space in the areas customers want it most at a value that cannot be matched.
For 2013, the Yamaha 240 Series includes the SX240 and the AR240. The AR240 is the watersports edition of the series that now includes a new premium, grey fold-down aluminum watersports tower.
Above the waterline, the tall freeboard of the 240 Series gives the SX240 and AR240 an impressive profile. The seating area at the bow is wide and long allowing the tallest passengers and multiple riders the space to stretch out and lounge while moored. Insert the standard bow filler cushion and you have one of the largest, most comfortable bow seating configurations available in its class.
Exclusive to Yamaha boats is the industry’s first and only “rumble seat” design, a fun and innovative seating option that allows riders in the bow to enjoy a unique, front facing point-of-view in the forward-most part of the bow when underway.
Completing the bow is premium marine-grade upholstery, multi-function filler cushion, handrails, four cupholders, a bow ladder, and anchor locker. The cockpit of the 240 Series is roomy and easy to navigate with a full crew on board.
The new helm layout is minimalist and sporty with large analog gauges and integrated digital information displays that provide independently controlled access to a wide range of new information.
Utilizing an integrated GPS-based information control center, the digital displays can provide latitude, longitude, compass heading, elevation, water depth, trip odometer, clock, engine hours, engine speed, vessel voltage, vessel speed, highest speed, fuel level, fuel used and they are the first in their class to provide real time (gallons per hour and miles per gallon) fuel flow data.
Also at the helm are Yamaha’s exclusive Cruise Assist™ and No Wake Mode™. The Cruise Assist feature can be engaged at planing speeds. When engaged, Cruise Assist will hold the engines at a specific RPM for effortless cruising or towing and can be increased eight positions up and eight positions down at pre-set increments (125 – 188 rpm depending on current engine speed).
The No Wake Mode includes three different RPM settings allowing the driver to easily increase or decrease their no wake speed to find the optimum setting. Also included in the cockpit are a fully enclosed, head compartment, multiple storage areas for gear, a dinette table side-mount design, and a large removable cooler that stores under the passenger seat.
The two-tier stern lounge area and swim platform of the 240 Series is wide, comfortable, and low to the water, which makes reboarding even easier and hanging out at the stern with family and friends more fun. Completing the stern area is a dinette table side-mount design, a rear stereo remote, hydro-turf deck mats, integrated cup holders, and a reboarding ladder that extends deep into the water for effortless reboarding.
Yamaha’s Signature Drive Train and Engine Package
Under the waterline is Yamaha’s dual internal drive propulsion system that delivers better performance and more peace of mind than traditional stern drive models.
Yamaha’s ultra-responsive internal drive system brings the 240 Series on plane faster and accelerates quicker than comparable boats. The 240’s shallow draft and enclosed impellers increase the boat’s versatility, allowing you to travel to places not accessible to stern drive boats. Yamaha boats also feature pump clean out ports that are easily accessible from the swim platform, allowing boat owners to effortlessly clean out any debris without getting in the water or having to reach under the boat.
Class-Leading Engine Performance
Yamaha 24-foot boats are powered by two of Yamaha’s 1812cc four-stroke Yamaha Marine engines. These engines deliver industry-leading 0-30 MPH acceleration and greater top speed performance than comparable stern drive models. A thrust directional enhancer maximizes control and maneuverability. The thrust directional enhancer directs the water flow at an optimum angle, creating more responsive handling as the boat is turned right and left at slow speeds.
• Wide, long bow area with rumble seat backrests and multi-function bow filler cushion.
• Twin Yamaha 1.8L High Output marine engines that deliver class-leading performance, reliability, and durability.
• Yamaha’s exclusive three-position No Wake Mode™ that allows the driver to set the engines at optimum no wake speed with the simple push of a button.
• Innovative stern lounge area with table mount, and stereo remote.
• Full-featured helm with fly by wire, fuel flow meter and GPS controlled instrumentation.
• A four speaker, premium Clarion® stereo system with MP3/USB inputs and stern stereo remote control
• Cruise Assist™, Yamaha’s exclusive feature that allows the driver to hold engine speed constant, ideal for long range rides and for maintaining a consistent speed while towing.
• Marine grade carpet
• Bimini Top
• Fully enclosed head compartment*.
• Includes premium painted trailer with spare tire.