“CURRENT PRICE” IS A GUIDE. ALL OFFERS RESPECTFULLY CONSIDERED.
This 65' Hatteras is a beautiful motoryacht, originally customized by Hatteras of Lauderdale. Seasonally used and stored under cover during the winter, the Nicola II was one of the few 65's with a VIP stateroom and an aft stairway leading to the master. She is arranged with a galley-up plan, four staterooms down, large flybridge with surround seating and a small aft deck.
All interior décor was renewed in summer of 2013.
The vessel was under way and stuck an object damaging the hull, all below the water line. Most of the damage had been on the starboard side of the keel and chines. The Nicola II was then driven to the marina where she was hauled and inspected.
The starboard side stabilizer was bent, and could be remanufactured by a good aluminum shop, or possibly ordered from the factory. She can be dropped back in the water and driven away on its own bottom with a small amount of time and repair work to be done.
Pilothouse includes a leatherette double seat with locker storage to each side and chart storage below. The helm console surround was recently refitted with black Corian. Galley Main deck galley is filled with natural light. Original mica countertop was replaced in 2012 by a U-shaped Corian unit with integral sinks, totally modernizing the workspace.
Other components include:
• Sharp Carousel II Microwave
• KitchenAid Superla Whisper-Quiet Dishwasher
• Whirlpool Sound Conditioned Trash Compactor
• Magic-Chef Full-sized Self-cleaning Oven
• General Electric Ceran white stovetop w/ four burners
• Amana fridge/freezer - full size
• Garbage Disposal
Opposite the galley, is a semi-circular dinette with leatherette seating around a Corian topped table.
It is reported the main salon was entirely renewed, including soles, carpeting, walls and window treatments, couch and loveseat.
The decor and media was refreshed in all of the staterooms in August of 2013: all bedding was renewed and each stateroom was equipped with a flat-screen TV.
Original mica countertops in all heads have been replaced with Silastone counters, featuring integral sinks. Laundry Bosch Axxis washer and dryer - lower deck VIP area Flybridge Upper helm console is of a modern design with excellent sight lines in all directions.
The original Hatteras wet-bar was removed in favor of a modern space-saving arrangement with clever bottle storage, under-counter icemaker, wine cooler, black granite counters and nautical style lockers.
Dining for six is forward to port in the main salon, utilizing an innovative circular table wrapped around the aft stairwell. Aft of the stairwell is a lounge area with occasional chairs, unique cocktail table and opposing settee. The décor is understated and tasteful and could be characterized as "New England Yachting".
More modern, is a new 32" flat-screen TV mounted above the bar area. Lower deck accommodations at the bow, on the lower deck, is a stateroom with a double upper / single lower berth arrangement and head compartment with separate shower. Storage areas include numerous drawers, full-height hanging locker and a cedar lined blanket locker. If an owner desired to keep crew, this stateroom would be very suitable.
Next aft, up two steps, is a guest cabin to port with matching twin berths. This stateroom includes storage more than adequate for two, natural light and teak bulkheads. Across the landing is a head with shower stall, which also serves as a day head.
Aft and down three steps, is the VIP stateroom of comfortable dimensions, with fore-and-aft queen berths; an inviting settee done in leatherette, abundant drawer storage, large cedar closer and pleasant daylight via portlights. Combined with the private, ensuite head compartment to starboard, this space occupies the yachts full beam.
Access to the twin engine rooms and master is available through an aft door. The master stateroom is nothing short of grand, with a king sized berth on centerline, natural light on three sides, twelve drawers, walk-in cedar-lined closet and a lighted vanity table. A generous head compartment includes a combination shower / Jacuzzi Tub. Fixed furniture is finished in a satin white lacquer, which enlarges this comfortable space.
Valences, curtains and wooden blinds are both functional and elegant. All staterooms are fitted with SMX digital climate controls, individual reading lamps and custom overhead lighting.
Flybridge social area is surprisingly large with surround seating around a custom Lucite table. Nicola II is equipped with a two-tier antenna mast mounted above the arch below, which is an entertainment centerpiece with flush mounted Weber LPG grille (2013), wet bar, fridge, icemaker and prep area. Seating and social space is generous; a dozen guests would not feel crowded.
• Main engines: Detroit 12V71TA's - 870 HP
• Walker Airseps
• Glendenning synchronizers
• Triple Racor 791000 fuel filters/ with full-function fuel manifold
• Panish controls
• Custom workbench above each engine
• Wilcox-Seabrace Stabilizers
• Spare props
• CO2 fire suppression system
• Glendenning trim tabs
• 4 bilge blowers
• Electric fuel priming system with fuel transfer capability
• MarineAir AC system with digital SMX controls and reverse cycle heat (7 units)
• Watermakers Inc watermaker - 600 GPD (de-commissioned) Electronics
• Furuno 72 mile color radar - lower station
• Furuno 48 mile radar - Flybridge
• Robertson AP-20 DL autopilot
• B&G Network Depthsounder, Speed / Log, Wind indicator & Network datalink to Furuno plotter
• Cybernet CTX 1000 hailer/listener
• SEA 222 single-sideband radio
• Standard Horizon Matrix GX 2000 VHF
• Garmin GPS Map 5212 - lower station Electrical
• 110VAC / 220VAC / 12VDC / 24 VDC
• Two Onan 20KW generators: aft-2530 hrs / forward - 2254 hrs.
• Two LaMarche Constavolt chargers: 20 am & 40 amp.
• Main engine alternator - 75 amp
• 5 8D batteries - new 2013
• Two 50 amp shore cords with P&S cable inlets
• 110VAC GFI outlets as required Minor Refit 2013
• Main salon cabin sole replaced with walnut laminate
• Varnished hardwood trim throughout bar and dining area replaced original mirror finish
• Main salon bar replaced entirely with new cabinets and granite top and new sink
• TracVision Satellite TV
• Five new flatscreen TV's; all staterooms plus main salon
• GalleyMaid head motors and solenoids replaced / rebuilt as needed
• Replaced two 24VDC fresh water pumps
• New stereo and speakers on flybridge
• New Standard Horizon VHF in pilothouse
• Custom wood blinds throughout
• Valences recovered throughout
• Custom pillows, shams and comforters throughout
• New salon furniture and rug
• Exterior varnish stripped and built back up
• Bimini top replaced - white
• Zodiac tender with 25 HP Mercury
• Eight step Marquipt Tiderider
• GalleyMaid windlass with chain / nylon rode
• FRP anchoring platform with removable roller
• Two fiberglass deck boxes on foredeck
• Marquipt 110V electric davit - 1200 lb. capacity
• Deck chocks for tender and jetski aft of flybridge seating area
1988 65' Hatteras has lived a sheltered life as a Northern Motoryacht, remaining in the Northeast year-round for the last 12 years. Exterior surfaces show abundant gloss. Interior is fresh and largely new.
The vessel shows very well for the age and CSI is now open to offers.
Feel free to contact Brian Bethel for more details and to set up a showing.
A trailer is not included in this sale.
Please read Motors and Machinery Disclaimer.