- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
The smallest yacht in the range, the Xp 33 is designed for pure sailing enjoyment. This model is a high stability 30-footer
which benefits from the same advanced construction techniques as the larger yachts in the Xperformance range for superb sailing performance and build quality.
Smooth lines, ample buoyancy both fore and aft, a plumb bow for maximum waterline length and subtle chines create a hull which is fast on all angles of sail. A custom-designed double spreader aluminium mast is offered as standard, with a carbon rig available as an option. Non-overlapping head sails, a single line head sail furler and retractable bowsprit increase the sailing fun and racing potential while ensuring sail handling is stress-free, even when sailing short-handed.
The Xp 33 deck layout and cockpit is designed to be highly functional. A rod linkage steering system connects to the single rudder underneath the cockpit sole and enables the tiller to be positioned aft, behind the mainsheet. This allows the skipper to easily control the boat when cruising, or to communicate smoothly with the main trimmer whilst racing. The composite tiller is fitted as standard with a Spinlock adjustable extension.
The cockpit is wide and spacious. Aft of the main sheet track there are molded foot chocks integrated into the cockpit sole, with two opening lockers giving access to a generous storage compartment for fenders, mooring gear and similar. Forward of the main track, wide benches offer a comfortable cruising ride and room for race crew manoeuvres. Six Harken winches are fitted as standard, of which two may be easily upgraded to top racing spec.
The Xp 33 may also be easily adapted into cruising mode, with an optional electric anchor windlass and removable stainless steel anchor arm. A self-draining anchor locker is fitted as standard, with gas bottle storage in the port aft cockpit.
The Xp 33 is offered with a classic three cabin interior layout. The main saloon includes two comfortable sofas and a removable central table with integral storage, while the engine is easily accessible thanks to a removable GRP cover beneath the companionway. Aft are two symmetrical cabins, while forward there is an optional comfortable and private triangular berth. A single heads with shower is forward of the saloon.
A practical galley lies to port with GRP worktops, a two-jet gimbaled gas stove and stainless steel sink. To starboard a forward-facing navigation station includes the yacht’s electrical switchboard as well as space for additional navigation and communication equipment.
We are the US importers of X-Yachts of Denmark and also handle the Northeast US market. Please give us a call (either Bob or Toby) or email us anytime and we would be glad to help. Thanks!
Please contact Robert Rodgers at (860) 536-7776
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Beam: 10 ft 5 in
LWL: 28 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 3 in standard
Displacement: 26455 lbs
Ballast: 10990 lbs
Dry Weight: 9480 lbs
Total Power: 20 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Engine Power: 20 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Plastic (29 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (13 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Xp 33 is a high stability 30-footer which benefits from the same advanced construction techniques as the larger yachts in the Xperformance Range for superb sailing performance and build quality.
In designing the Xp 33 hull, our main focus was on creating a yacht with fantastic all-round performance, in contrast to many modern sportboats which rely heavily on downwind performance in breezy weather. Within its very first season, the race results demonstrated that the Xp 33 is seriously quick, with overall victories under international rating systems.
The design process of the Xp 33 involved intensive testing of different hull shapes using Velocity Prediction Programs, as well as anticipated IRC and ORC ratings. The final Xp 33 hull form was the best performer all round in windspeeds of 5-20 knots, with a wide and powerful transom combined with maximum waterline length and a low freeboard. The shape is consistent with the race-winning Xp family, but adjusted to suit her lighter displacement.
When sailing upright in light airs mode the Xp 33 has narrow, low-resistance waterlines to slip through the water in even faint breezes. As she heels, she gains stability thanks to her increased waterline length, wide stern and high ballast to weight ratio,
for high performance sailing in heavy airs, on reaching angles and under the generous asymmetric spinnaker.
- Hull epoxy infused in female moulds for optimum consolidation and high quality surface finish
- Hull liner in bi-directional and unidirectional E-Glass and locally reinforced with unidirectional carbon fibre
- Solid laminate in high stress areas in way of keel top, sail drive and rudder
- Outer surface of hull in white gel coat (RAL 9010) and the waterlines and sheer stripe in dark blue (Ral 5011)
- Structural bulkheads in marine plywood varying in thickness from 16 to 9 mm bonded to hull
- Single point hoist for easy and safe lifting and launching of the yacht - lifting strop is optional
- Polyester deck with structural foam core
- E-glass with bi-directional and uni-directional cloth strategically positioned for strength
- Outer surface of deck in white sprayed gel coat (RAL 9010)
- Deck and locker lids moulded in female moulds for highest quality surface finish
- Safety toerail incorporated in deck design forward, tapers down aft for comfortable hiking
- Anchor locker - drained compartment with space for optional anchor & anchor warp/chain
- Gas locker compartment for 1 x 2 kg gas bottle, drained to the sea (1 x 2 kg) delivered with yacht
- Life rafts can be stored at the aft end of the cockpit sole
- Two cockpit locker lids next to the tiller
- Xp 33 standard interior with 2 x 2 berths in aft cabins and sofas in main cabin
- The interior will consist of a combination of composite and wooden units.
- Utilising first class craftsmanship and lamination
- Pre-selected, top grade veneer, hand polished and varnished to satin finish
- Veneered bulkheads
- White surfaced bulkheads used inside head, on aft bulkhead and centre bulkhead in aft cabins
- GRP hull liner including floor in head
- Floorboards, 16 mm marine plywood with plastic surface, top surface imitating teak with holy stripes and inspection hatch to access bilge
- Companionway with steps of unvarnished teak
Fore peak cabin
- 2 wardrobes, each 300 mm in head compartment, one for hangers, one with shelves
- Optional forepeak double berth, dimension = L = 2000 mm, Bmax = 1670 mm, Bmin = 430 mm, incl 120 mm foam mattress and marine plywood support with ventilation holes
- Two sofas each 1900 mm long with comfortable double density cushions, removable backrest cushions and arm rest cushions, all secured with Velcro pads
- Removable table mounted on stainless steel bar
- Fwd facing nav. station, nav. table 690 x 750 mm and below is a locker with 3 shelves
- Electrical switch board located above chart table on upper shelve
- Freeboard lined with vinyl covered 7 mm plastic panels
- Each having a double berth (2000 x 1290 mm/1040 mm width) with 120 mm mattresses, each resting on marine plywood bases with ventilation holes
- Freeboards lined with white vinyl
- Bulkheads white surfaced
- Tabletop and sink in a white composite moulding
- Mixer tap, single lever for sink
- Towel hooks and toilet roll holder
- Mirror above sink
- Galley, high gloss white composite moulding with stainless steel sink and single lever mixer tap
- Integrated space/shelves for crockery/pot/pan in the front of the galley
- Top cupboard outboard with smoke coloured 5 mm sliding Plexi doors
- Gimballed gas cooker - 2 Jet
- 3 cylinder 20 HP diesel Yanmar engine on rubber suspensions with S-drive installation, freshwater cooled
- Special engine compartment with sound insulation ensures low noise level in yacht
- Engine easily accessible for service by fully remoavble, insulated GRP section
- Folding propeller, 2-bladed bronze for S-drive
- Engine control panel and throttle/gear lever placed in starboard cockpit coaming
- Fuel tank in aluminium. Analogue level gauge, filter with water separator and shut-off valve and deck fill (50 litre)
- 12V DC system throughout yacht
- X-Yachts main switch board with automatic fuses and 2 analogue meters for fuel level and battery voltage level
- 12V DC system for main engine installation
- AGM battery 1 x 93 Ah securely mounted in saloon SB forward - OPTIONAL 1 additional service (total 186 Ah@12V)
- AGM engine battery (70 Ah, 12V) mounted near main engine for starting of engine.
- Engine battery is charged by the engine
- 5 reading lights fitted on bulkheads throughout the boat
- 1 chart table light on a flexible arm by the nav station
Mast and Rigging
- Fractional double spreader keel stepped mast, tapered silver anodized aluminium, specially designed for Xp 33
- Steaming light, Windex with light
- Anodized boom with single line reefing and 8:1 internal boom outhaul, telescopic vang with 16:1 purchase
- Permanent backstay: Stripped Dynema with a block tuning system of 32:1 with cleat at transom
- Forestay in solid steel rod with jib tack point on deck, attached to the stem head fitting (For optional plastic luff forestay or above deck furler - see pricelist)
- Shrouds in discontinued rod rigging with rod turn buckles, attached to hull chainplates
- Dynema halyards led back to cockpit for easy handling:
- Main halyard 10 mm Dynema
- Genoa halyard 10 mm Dynema
- Mainsheet coarse line 10 mm Dynema
- 2 x Genoa sheets: 10 mm Dynema
- Control lines for main sheet and Genoa sheet traveller cars: 6 mm polyester
- Cunningham: 6 mm polyester with a 4:1 purchase with cleat at mast
- Reef 1 and 2: 10 mm polyester
- Vang control: 6 mm polyester
- Permanent backstay control line: 10 mm stripped Dynema and 8/6 mm stripped dyneema with 6 mm covered Dyneema purchase line
- Fire extinguishers, dry powder of 2 kg each, fitted throughout the yacht (3 pcs) and a fire blanket (1 pcs)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Rodgers Yacht Sales LLC
Unknown, United States
Unknown, RI, United States
Stonington, CT, United States
Unknown, NY, United States