- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
It is said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. When the M36 Modern Classic was introduced in 2004, she was the only daysailer that featured a self-tacking jib, sail handling systems and helm control pods that are now often copied but never perfected. Morris Yachts’ quality construction, together with Sparkman and Stephen’s design pedigree, guarantees a boat of lasting value that will turn heads in every harbor.
Whether sailed with a crew or single-handed she is ideal for spending a few hours or a long weekend on the water. All control lines have been led aft below decks to control and winch pods located in the cockpit, leaving the deck clear and safe. Self-tailing primary winches are standard, and the starboard electric winch makes the process of raising the mainsail from the cockpit a push-button affair. Spend more time sailing and less time tinkering; our engineering team has taken the complexity and intimidation out of managing a sophisticated, fully-equipped boat.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 36 ft 1 in
Beam: 10 ft 1 in
LWL: 25 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 6 in shoal keel
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in deep keel
Ballast: 3850 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 52 ft 2 in
Dry Weight: 8900 lbs
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Option 1: 1x Yanmar 21 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of heads: 1
- Infused fiberglass composite hull with Vinylester resin throughout and Balsa SB.50 core.
- External modern fin design lead is mounted in a molded hull recess with 316 SS bolts.
- Fiberglass engine bed.
- Fiberglass composite deck with Vinylester resin throughout and Balsa SB.50 core.
- Core removed in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- (2) 12 VDC Mastervolt AGM house battery (100 Ah @ 12 VDC).
- Optima 1000M 60 Amp engine start battery.
- Mastervolt 90 Amp/12 VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging.
- Mastervolt 12 VDC distribution panel.
- 12 VDC outlet located next to the electrical panel.
Electronics, Communication and Navigation
- Raymarine Ray55 waterproof VHF Radio w/ additional RayMic cockpit-mounted remote microphone.
- Raymarine ST60 speed, depth & wind instruments with Tridata and analog wind displays.
- Ritchie 5” compass.
- Perko bicolor bow light with chrome plated brass housing.
- Perko transom stern light with chrome plated brass housing.
Steering and Rudder
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system with 34” varnished teak rim wheel.
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost.
- (2) Self-aligning rudder bearings and adjustable lip seal.
- Emergency tiller.
- Corian counter top with mirror-polished stainless steel sink.
- Fynspray model WS-60 chrome plated manual pump faucet.
- High grade glass mirror with frame on forward bulkhead.
- Corian counter top.
- Mirror-polished stainless steel sink.
- Manual pump galley faucet, Fynspray model WS-60.
- Garbage bin.
- Drawers and doors as required.
- Sailing hardware is Harken or equal.
- Lewmar self-tailing winches. Starboard primary winch is electric.
- Lewmar rope clutches.
- Varnished teak toe rail and coaming cap.
- Custom cast SS bow and stern chocks that integrate beautifully with the teak toe rail.
- Varnished teak flagstaff and flag with SS socket welded to the backstay chainplate.
- Varnished 34” teak rimmed steering wheel.
- Stainless steel deck plates and latches.
- Two SS cup holders in cockpit winch pods.
Anchoring and Mooring
- Bruce 22 lb anchor located in foredeck stowage locker.
- Anchor rode: 100’ Yale Brait nylon rope, 1/2” diameter with six feet of 5/16” chain.
- (4) Herreshoff style stainless steel cleats. (2) 10” at bow and (2) 8” at stern.
- (4) Morris custom cast stainless steel chocks.
- Bow line 35’ nylon, 1/2” diameter.
- Spring lines 35’ nylon, 1/2” diameter.
- Stern line 35’ nylon, 1/2” diameter.
- 8” x 20” vinyl ribbed fenders with 6ft of rope and polar fleece covers.
- Aluminum boat hook.
Paint, Coatings and Fairing
- Toe rail: varnished teak.
- Deck: gelcoat Oyster white with molded Tan non-skid.
- Hull topsides: Oyster white gelcoat.
- Cove stripe: Gold leaf.
- Boot top stripe: Awlgrip choice of standard colors.
- Hull stripe: Narrow stripe of hull topside color is visible between the boot top and bottom paint.
- Bottom paint: Interlux Micron Extra or equivalent.
- Bilge: White gelcoat.
- Name and hailing port on transom in Gold leaf.
Spars and Rigging
- Carbon fiber mast and aluminum boom by Hall Spars.
- Fractional rig with swept back spreaders.
- Antal size 40 mainsail luff track.
- Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track.
- Harken MKIV Unit 1 manual headsail furling unit.
- Standing rigging is Navtec stainless steel rod.
- Navtec SS turnbuckle covers.
- Sailtec -8 SS integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Hall Quik vang with Harken block and tackle.
- Running rigging is low-stretch New England Rope.
- Main halyard 8mm Endura braid.
- Jib halyard 8mm Endura braid with tag line and six part halyard tensioner.
- Masthead flag halyard and one spreader halyard.
- Main sheet 3/8” Staset.
- Reef line 8mm Endura braid.
- Jib sheet 8mm Endura braid.
- Jib furling line 8mm Staset.
- Full Batten Dacron Mainsail w/single reef, lazy jacks and North Sails Sunbrella “Quick Cover” sail cover.
- Dacron Furling Jib with UV protective cover on leach.
- North Sails University three day sailing and training program.
- North U coaching – every owner will receive three days of private instruction from a North U Coach. Each customized program will be designed by North U to match the needs, skills and requests of each individual owner. This exclusive service is included in the price of your Morris. If training takes place at another location, the owner is simply responsible for the coach’s meals and accommodations.
Additional Standard Equipment
- Sunbrella canvas interior cushions with owner’s choice of color.
- Tool kit.
- (4) Adult Type II life jackets with storage bag.
- Flare kit.
- Air Horn.
- USCG Rules of the Road.