- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
While the Morris 45 RS was designed as a fast yet extremely durable IMS and PHRF racing yacht, she is also highly qualified for long distance adventures. Cruising-oriented design elements include a modest draft, a spacious raised pilothouse, and a wonderful view of the surroundings through exceptionally large, strong, tempered safety-glass windows. Additionally, she is fitted with a complete and luxurious interior, including an enclosed head with shower, a fully appointed galley with ample refrigeration, Corian or marble countertops, microwave and convection ovens, and many stowage compartments. Her bright, well-planned interior combined with an easily driven hull and long waterline prove the Morris 45 RS to be the perfect balance between luxury and performance.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 45 ft 4 in
Beam: 13 ft 3 in
LWL: 40 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 10 in
Displacement: 22300 lbs
Ballast: 9315 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 65 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 22300 lbs
Engine Option 1: 1x Yanmar 54 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (90 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (50 Gallons)
- Hull core – Corecell closed cell foam.
- Deck Core – Corecell closed cell foam. Standard core material is replaced by high-density foam where fasteners are required.
- Hull & Deck Resin – Hydrex vinylester resin.
- Reinforcements – Non-woven and unidirectional fabrics are used. Hull is foam core construction with a continuous Kevlar/E glass laminate layer in both the outer and inner skin. Port and starboard longitudinal outboard girders and bilge stringers. Deck is foam core construction reinforced with unidirectional fibers and the flange is solid fiberglass where it attaches to the hull.
- Hull / Deck Joint – Deck is bonded to the horizontal integral laminated hull shelf with 3M 5200 marine sealant and thru bolted on 8” centers with drilled and tapped SS fasteners.
- Bulkheads – Structural bulkheads are marine grade plywood.
- Stringers & Floors – Foam cored construction reinforced with unidirectional fabrics.
- Keel – Integral fiberglass stub with external lead ballast.
- Rudder – Spade type with carbon fiber post, upper and lower self-aligning bearings. Emergency tiller.
- Cove stripe – Recessed cove stripe with Morris Yachts logo.
Interior Woodwork and Detail
- Solid lumber: Only properly seasoned wood shall be used. All wood used in joiner work shall be selected for attractive grain and best attainable color match.
- Plywood: marine grade Meranti.
- Solid cherry interior wood trim with satin varnish finish.
- Interior bulkheads are antique white high-pressure Pionite laminate.
- The cabin sides are varnished cherry veneer.
- Cabin Sole is 5/8” Meranti plywood vacuum bagged with 1/8” teak overlay. The cabin sole with the exception of the lift-out panels, is fastened to the floor timbers with SS screws set in brass screw cups for easy removal. The lift-out panels are fitted with round finger rings and located to provide quick access to the bilge.
- Cherry hull sheathing with satin varnish.
- Interior lockers are lined with 1⁄4” cork applied to the hull surface.
- Overhead material is closed cell foam and Pionite high-pressure laminate held in place with removable cherry battens.
- The aft cabin overhead is finished with Majilite foam.
- Berth cushions are made with 5” Luxury foam. Settee backrest cushions are tapered 5” to 3” at top.
- Standard fabric is Ultrasuede.
- Solid maple drawers with dovetails joints and cherry drawer fronts.
- Cabin doors are cherry stile and rail with flat cherry panels.
- Frames are cherry with arched top and mitered corners. Hardware is SS custom hinges and chrome mortise lock set with curved handles.
- Locker doors are cherry stile and rail with flat panels. Frames are cherry with mitered corners.
- Hardware is chrome non-mortise hinges and push button latches.
- Hanging locker doors are cherry stile and rail with louvers.
- Fiddles are 1 3⁄4” above surface of counters and shelves. Bunk and settee rails are 3” solid cherry.
- Cherry finger handrails secured to the cabin sides.
- Navigational station and forward galley bulkheads have handholds.
- Cherry companionway ladder with cherry treads and walnut shell non-skid.
- Forepeak storage area separate from forward cabin by watertight bulkhead. Folding step for access, SS line storage bar and electric bilge pump to keep sump area dry. Forward section of locker is divided with storage for two anchor rodes.
- Centerline double berth in forward cabin with two drawers and a drop front below. Port and starboard seats with storage below. Shelves with 2” fiddles located on both sides outboard of the berth. Stb Hanging locker with white gelcoat finish on hull surface. Port bureau has counter top with fiddles and three drawers below. The hull is clad with cherry sheathing. Two overhead hatches provide ventilation.
- U-shaped dinette in main cabin with large dining table to port and pilot berth above. Starboard pullout berth with pilot berth above. Both pilot berths have two drop front doors to access storage space below.
- A fixed drop leaf salon table with one drawer, silverware tray and eight-bottle wine locker.
- Secure U-shaped galley to port.
- Counter tops are Corian with cherry fiddles.
- Outboard storage locker has flat panel plywood sliding doors for easy access.
- Dry storage locker with access through the counter top.
- Cherry paper towel holder.
- Trash bin is attached to a swing out door in galley.
- Three drawers forward of the stove. Pantry aft of the stove with two shelves.
- Refrigerator has top loading door.
- Force 10 three-burner propane stove with thermostatically controlled oven and broiler. SS crash bar mounted inboard of stove.
- Forward facing navigation station in raised salon with opening top for chart storage, bench seat, two drawers and a locker below the chart table.
- Electrical panel is mounted outboard.
- Shelving and corner cabinet are built in for mounting electronics.
- Tool tray.
Spars and Rigging
- Carbon fiber mast with double spreader rig and Awl grip finish. Masthead setup with one main halyard sheave and two jib halyard sheaves, boom topping lift sheave and one sheave with side rollers mounted above the headstay can be used for a G-0 or spinnaker halyard. (2) Lewmar 44 STC halyard winches and (2) rope clutches. Masthead crane or VHF antenna and Windex.
- Aluminum boom with Awlgrip finish.
- Hall D-30 mechanical boom vang.
- Discontinuous standing rod rigging. Turnbuckles fitted to custom SS chainplates with welded covers. Backstay is fitted with an integral hydraulic adjuster.[/li_item]
- All running lines made from New England Rope. Halyards are made from T-900, control lines and sheets are Sta-Set.
- Standard running rigging includes main halyard, jib halyard, masthead flag halyard, port spreader halyard, jib furling line, vang control line, main sheet, outhaul, two reef lines, two jib sheets and traveler control lines. Main halyard, reef lines and vang control line are led aft to the cockpit.
- No spreader boots required with non-overlapping head sail.
- Spartite mast wedge.
- North Marathon 300 full batten mainsail.
- North Marathon 300 100% roller furling jib.
- Harken MKIV Unit 2 furling system.
- Windex installed at the masthead.
- Exterior hardware is type 316 SS wherever possible and appropriate to intended purpose. All deck fasteners are drilled and tapped. Hardware is bedded and bolted through the deck with backing plates.
- Awlgrip nonskid with Griptex skidless compound.
- Canvas dodger with roll up front window and large side windows fitted to folding SS bows. The aft bow has a welded SS grab rail. All windows are Strataglass.
- Fiberglass cockpit seats with non-skid.
- Fiberglass cockpit sole with non-skid.
- (4) Varnished teak dropboards with canvas storage bag in the starboard lazarette locker.
- (2) Teak dorade boxes with 4” SS cowl vents, screens, and Morris Yachts closures. Each box has a custom SS guard.
- (2) Lewmar 58 CCST Chrome primary winches.
- (2) Lewmar 54 CCST Chrome secondary winches.
- Lewmar 48 CCST Chrome winch on cabin top.
- Lewmar 48 CCEST Chrome electric main halyard winch on the port side of cabin top.
- Lock-in speed grip winch handles.
- (8) SS deck hatches. All hatches have smoke colored lenses and Ocean-Air Skyscreens.
- One sail locker hatch in the cockpit with SS hinges and (2) SS locking hatch dogs.
- Flush mounted fiberglass lazarette hatches with SS hinges and security hasps.
- Acrylic sliding companionway hatch on brass slides. Hatch is fitted with custom SS locking latch.
- Propane locker located under helmsman seat. Locker is vented overboard. Two 10lb aluminum propane cylinders are standard.
- Pilothouse windows and deck portlights are Marine hi-performance laminated glass. Pilothouse has (4) bent windows two each port and starboard and three flat windows forward.
- Edson Vision series pedestal sterring with through shaft wheel brake, single lever control, SS guard and SS 48” Destroyer type wheel.
- Ritchie 5” Globemaster compass with SS hood. Compass is swung and adjusted during sea trials.
- SSS tem fitting made with two anchor rollers, one on the starboard side to accommodate the standard 45lb CQR anchor and one on the port side to fit an optional 44lb Bruce anchor.
- SS 3” deck plate on fore deck with cast SS low-profile cowl vent.
- SS 12” Schaefer Blue Water cleats forward.
- SS 10” Schaefer Blue Water cleats midship springline.
- SS 10” Schaefer Blue Water cleats aft.
- Custom SS cast chocks. Integral to toe rail at the bow, mid-ship and stern.
- Electric Lewmar V2 vertical gypsy capstan windlass on the foredeck with gypsy for 5/16” HT chain.
- Custom built SS 26” height, double bow rail with mounting plates for running lights port and starboard.
- SS double stern rail, with gate and stern light bracket. Two short lifelines with pelican hooks secure the gate. A 1.25” SS flag staff socket is welded to the rail.
- Stanchions: are SS 14 gauge tapered tubes 1” x 26” high with welded bases.
- Double lifelines with 3/16” uncoated SS 1×19 wire, turnbuckles, and toggle end fittings. Upper and lower lines are both fitted with pelican hooks at the gates.
- Two piece SS folding swim ladder with PVC treads mounted on the transom.
- Flush 1 1⁄2” SS drains in the cockpit (per ABYC standards).
- Harken Big Boat track and car traveler mounted on the cabin top forward of the companionway hatch. Car control system with 6:1 purchase led aft to cam cleats at the aft end of the trunk cabin.
- Main sheet led back along the cabin top through a sheet stopper to the port cabin top winch.
- Genoa System: Harken Big Boat tracks with adjustable pin stop cars. Foot blocks port and starboard for headsail sheet leads.
- Rope clutches for main halyard, jib halyard, main sheet, reefing lines, jib furling line & boom vang.
- (6) Teak cabin top hand rails.
- Morris Yachts style varnished teak toe rail fastened on 8” centers.
- SS deck fills with integral folding levers for all fuel, water and holding tanks.
- Custom SS chainplates thru bolted to the deck, bulkheads, transom and stem. All chainplates are connected to the grounding system with #4 bonding wire.
- Custom SS mast collar with welded bails for lead blocks.
- Three molded fiberglass steps on the transom.
- Yanmar 4JH4 54-hp diesel engine with Saildrive gear mounted on a molded fiberglass bed, drip pan, single lever throttle and shift controls at pedestal, Teflon control cables, Vernay muffler, electric stop and full instrument panel in the cockpit. Vent loop for exhaust is located at the highest point to prevent back siphoning.
- 2 Blade 17”X14” Flex-O-Fold folding propeller.
- Racor 220 single filter system.
- All hose clamps are 316 SS. Fittings below the waterline are double clamped.
- Force 10 three-burner propane galley stove with SS door, thermostatically controlled oven and broiler. Xintex propane system monitor and solenoid control are mounted outboard in the galley locker. A propane sniffer is mounted below the stove.
- Seafrost DC refrigeration system with evaporator plates and separate controls for ice box and freezer.
- The top loading hatch accesses a single molded fiberglass box lined with 4” of insulation. The box has a permanent divider to separate the freezer section from the refrigerator.
- (2) SS potable water tanks with a total capacity of 90 gallons. Tanks have removable inspection ports.
- All piping and valves per Morris Yachts standards for potable water systems.
- Aluminum fuel tank with a capacity of 50 gallons. Tank has baffles, clean out port and overboard vent.
- Cruz-Pro multi tank gauge systems for fuel and water tanks. Snake River holding tank level monitor.
- Raritan PH II marine toilet.
- 30 gallon polyethylene holding tank with external level monitor and overboard vent. Tank can be emptied overboard through a seacock and discharge pump or by deck pump out.
- SS 10-gallon capacity hot water heater heated by engine.
- Scandvik SS mirror polished double bowl galley sink with a single lever faucet and pull-out sprayer.
- Scandvik SS mirror polished oval aft head sink with Scandvik mixer faucet.
- Scanmix aft shower faucet with thermostatic mixer control for constant temperature.
- Potable water pump is ShurFlo pressure water system with accumulator tank.
- Johnson 2200 electric bilge pump and Ultra Safety Systems float switch and remote panel.
- Sump tank discharged overboard by Whale diaphragm pumps.
- Refrigerator and shower drain into the sump tank.
- Whale Titan high capacity manual bilge pump installed in the cockpit.
- Forespar Marelon reinforced plastic seacocks. Thru-hulls above the waterline are fiberglass tubes laminated to the hull.
- Shurflo Blaster 5.0 GPH deck wash pump system includes a deck spigot and coil hose with nozzle.
- Morris Yachts custom electrical installation uses all tinned copper wire, securely crimped, heat shrink terminals and number coded circuits.
- (5) Auckland LED bulkhead mounted swivel reading lights.
- (7) SS LED dome lights.
- SS LED recessed spotlight over the table with dimmer control.
- waterproof dome light in the aft shower.
- LED strip lights in the galley and one above the aft head mirror.
- Switches are mounted on most lights. Overhead spotlight in the main salon has a remote switch.
- SS LED red/white dome light.
- SS LED gooseneck chart light.
- Red LED courtesy light located at the base of the companionway stairs.
- LED light in engine room.
- 140 Amp 12 volt engine alternator.
- Multi-stage voltage regulator.
- 4D AGM house batteries for a total of 600 amp hours.
- Optima AGM starting battery with 800 CCA.
- Mastervolt custom electrical panel layout. 12 volt DC and 110-volt AC circuit breakers on one integrated panel, illuminated text labels, System Manager panel for 12 VDC and 110 VAC monitoring, polarity indicator, main breakers, battery switches and cross connect system for emergency starting. System includes a Battery Watch monitor that measures battery state and shuts the system down in the event of low battery level.
- Copper bonding wire is used for all hull bonding and lightning protection.
- Navigation Lighting: Aqua-Signal bi-color light on bow pulpit, stern light on aft rail, combination steaming light & foredeck flood light on mast, and tri-color anchor light at mast head.
- One DC outlet in a cockpit winch pocket.
- (5) Duplex AC outlets with GFI. Outlets are located in the galley, head, forward cabin, main salon and aft cabin.
- (3) Kidde Mariner 10 dry chemical fire extinguishers.
- Ground Tackle: 45lb CQR anchor with 50ft 5/16” HT galvanized chain and 200ft of 5/8” Nylon anchor rode.
- (4) Three strand nylon 5/8” x 35 ft docklines.
- (3) Ribbed fenders 8”X20” with polar fleece covers & lines.
- Hull Identification Number is molded in on transom and on the deck.
- Safety package: (4) Type II adult lifejackets, lifejacket storage bag, Type IV throw-able PFD, flare kit, air horn, aluminum boat hook and Navigation “Rules of the Road”.
- Tool kit, spare bulbs and fuses, Yanmar engine spare parts kit and Yanmar service manual.
- Complete printed owner’s manual in a binder and a digital copy on CD-ROM.