2017 Contest 57CS
- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
A step up in size, the Contest 57CS is the first in line with double cockpit for helm and guests, a labour saving mainsheet and optional fold-down stern bathing platform. There’s a true sense of the big boat yet she sails with the natural touch for which Contest Yachts are so renowned. Sound design, sound engineering, together delivering enviable performance.
To suit wide ranging sailing intent, this nimble bluewater design offers various interior plans with two heads and two, three and even four sleeping cabins. Pretty much anything can be changed. She was the first Contest fully 3D modelled and the spatial study has optimised systems and stowage throughout allowing this flexible configuration.
A full beam lazarette and standing headroom sail locker in the bow serve the distance cruiser well and, beyond this, weight has been kept out of the ends with technical gear focused towards the centre of the boat. Good for stability and for service. Also for noise and vibration control, including a generator mounted atop the engine.
The Contest 57CS is also the first in line to have a cabin plan suited to permanent crew should the wish list include additional help or the potential to charter.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 56 ft 5 in
Beam: 16 ft 8 in
LWL: 51 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 5 in
Dry Weight: 61508 lbs
Engine Option 1: 1x Perkins M150Ti 150 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (198 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (204 Gallons)
- Hull in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins, infused with vinylester resin.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas like the keel area.
- First layer after gelcoat is a special barrier coat.
- Structural bulkheads fully bonded to hull and deck.
- Two year warranty.
- Hull: gelcoat white.
- Stripe and waterlines: colour owner's choice.
- Antifouling: two layers.
- Deck in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Deck: gelcoat white.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas where deck equipment is fitted.
- Deck lockers and anchor locker in composite with gelcoat finish and aluminium teak covered deck hatches.
- 12mm hand laid teak deck, toe rail, cockpit seats, cockpit floor and teak detailing around the cockpit.
- Two helmsman positions.
- Large separated guest cockpit, suitable for ten people sitting.
- Fixed cockpit table with stainless steel 316 support for table and canvas cover for UV protection.
- Winches and sheets situated within reach of helmsman’s position.
- Two alcoves for storage of sheets and other small deck gear.
- Free walkway from aft deck to guest cockpit.
- Pad eyes for safety harnesses mounted in cockpit.
Mast, Rigging and Sails
- Selden spars, keel stepped, sloop rigged with silver anodised finish.
- Swept back spreaders.
- Slab reefing system.
- Selden MDS Car system.
- LED navigation lights.
- Masthead light 3-colours with anchor light.
- Deck light.
- Boom light.
- Windex in mast top.
- Removable Kevlar cutter stay with tensioner and running backstays.
- Standing rigging: Dyform rigging.
- Genoa furling system.
- Main sheet 14mm, winches situated within reach of the helmsman.
- Genoa sheets 16mm, winches situated within reach of the helmsman.
- Mainsail, fully battened, slab reefing by North Sails.
- Lazy jacks and main sail cover.
- Furling genoa by North Sails.
- Light oak joinery.
- Oak floor.
- Matt varnished.
- Chrome fittings throughout.
- Padded side panelling.
- Padded headbord in aft cabin.
- Diagonally sliding saloon table for easy access for comfortable lounging and dining.
- Two ottomans for occasional seating with release fitting for easy stowage while sailing.
- Shower stalls with on handle mixer valves.
- Doors with anti-rattle door locks.
- Corian worktops in galley.
- Corian tops in each head with washbasins.
- Design taps.
- Three-burner cooker with oven and grill fitted on gimbals (stainless steel).
- Quality upholstery, colour to owner's choice.
- Quality curtain blinds for portholes.
- Roller blinds at all skylight hatches.
- Lee cloths in all berths.
- Overhead lights in all cabins.
- Dimmers on overhead lights in saloon.
- Red navigation light above chart table.
- Careful noise reduction throughout.
- Engine room well insulated.
- Comfortable mattresses in all cabins.
- 48-set (8 persons) of Contest Yachts porcelain crockery.
- 32-set (8 persons) of drinking glasses and bottle stowage in bar.
- Automatic lighting (30 seconds) when opening companionway hatch.
- Garbage bin in galley.
- Extensive mirrors in heads.
- Spacious engine room with easy access from side passage.
- Perkins M150Ti 112kW (150hp) 2500 rpm 6 cylinder
- turbo-charged diesel engine.
- Indirect cooling.
- Hurth ZF45A hydraulic gearbox.
- Separate main switch to enable service batteries to be used as starter battery.
- Single lever gears throttle control on starboard steering pedestal.
- Engine panel fitted in cockpit including rev. counter, oil pressure- temperature- and charge alarm, start and stop buttons.
- Water cooled exhaust with water lock and water separator.
- Stainless steel propeller shaft with thrust bearing and flexible coupling.
- Stern tube with water lubricated bearings and water seal.
- Three-bladed propeller in bronze.
- Engine room insulated with combined drone- and sound absorbing insulation.
- Engine room ventilation by double electric ventilators and natural ventilation grills.
- Automatic engine room fire extinguish system.
- 24 VDC and 230 VAC system on board.
- Dedicated technical area (electrical room) for switches and fuses.
- Standard energy pack:
- Service batteries 400 Ah | 24 VDC
- Start battery engine 70 Ah | 24 VDC
- Monitoring display batteries
- Alternator 60 A | 24 VDC start battery engine group
- Second alternator 75 A | 24 VDC service battery group
- 230V - 50 Hz shore power connection:
- - Shore power isolation transformer 3.5kW | 16 A
- - Shore power socket for 230 VAC | 50 Hz shore power
- - Cable 25m with 3-pole CEE 16 A connector
- 230V socket in each cabin/compartment.
- Emergency engine start on service batteries.
- All sea cocks under waterline are grounded.