- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
This is the quintessence of AMEL’s know-how, a gem of refinement and comfort, produced in limited quantities each year. This large and elegant yacht produces remarkable performances under sail and its behaviour at sea is exemplary. With AMEL 64, a new dimension opens up to all lovers of the sea: the pleasure of sailing on an exceptional yacht.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 64 ft 4 in
Beam: 18 ft 4 in
LWL: 56 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 10 in
Dry Weight: 74957 lbs
Engine Option 1: 1x 150 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (264 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (369 Gallons)
- Hull made from Roving 71 glass fibre + glass flakes with anti-osmosis barrier / isophthalic resin composite monolithic laminate, laid up by hand (application /coating / air removal) in lengthwise and transverse layers with a two thirds overlap.
- Upperworks insulation by macro acoustic closed cell foam,
- Frame structure in polyurethane omega-foam and plywood, laminated to the hull, as is all the joinery structure (bulkheads, furniture units, lockers, etc.)
- This system guarantees the highest rigidity of the whole unit and optimises load spread. Compression forces from the masts / rigging are compensated by a structure of support pillars for the masts and chain plate tie-rods laminated to the hull for the rigging.
- The bulkheads are glued and laminated with the deck. 6 of them are watertight collision bulkheads with isolation valves.
- Moulded glass / resin balsa sandwich deck moulded by the same process as the hull (the deck is glued, bolted and laminated to the hull and the bulkheads).
- The fore and aft bridge, foredeck and quarter deck are made from “Amel teak", moulded into the deck.
- Self-bailing cockpit (100 mm diameter scuppers)
- Cast iron ballast fixed to the hull / keel by stainless steel bolts, watertightness is performed with structural adhesive and polyurethane seal. The ballast is covered by a polyester skin.
- Monolithic laminate rudder with skeg made from monolithic composite, moulded in one piece with the hull. The rudder is mounted at 3 points, the rudder trunk is laminated and the intermediate fitting and socket are stainless steel. 70 mm stainless steel rudder stock.
- Dual circuit hydraulic wheel steering.
- The transom opens fully with the dinghy launching platform by hydraulic control
- Stainless steel bow fitting for 2 anchors, with fresh water connection on the deck.
- 2000 W electric windlass, Bügel (Wasi) 42 kg anchor, 70 m of 12 mm galvanised chain and 30 m of 20 mm rope, controlled from the cockpit and by remote control (2nd electric windlass available as an option).
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and side rails (port and starboard opening for easy access to quay or pontoon). Lower stainless steel guard lines.
- LED navigation lights.
- 8 stainless steel mooring cleats, 2 purpose-built open roller fairleads, on the deck line to port and starboard.
- Stainless steel chain plates.
- Sheet traveller tracks with Antal tidy travellers
- Antal pulleys throughout
- All traveller and sheet controls (manual and electric) are run to the cockpit.
- 2 electric genoa sheet winches.
- 2 electric stay sail sheet winches.
- 1 electric mainsheet winch.
- 1 electric mizzen sail winch.
- 2 manual main mast winches.
- 4 halyard downhauls (main and mizzen masts).
- 4 halyard clutches (including one double).
- 10 opening hatches ; 5 opening port lights.
- 1 helmsman’s station in the wheelhouse with a black leather covered stainless steel wheel. The wheel steering is hydraulic.
- Central console in the wheelhouse for the electronics, together with all the other controls (windlass, furling gear, thrusters, etc).
- Cockpit table in teak, stainless steel and Corian, with stainless steel handrail, and ice box in the centre.
- Numerous lockers and storage spaces in the cockpit.
- Very comfortable composite helmsman’s seat with leather seat and back.
- On deck, in addition to the forward locker and the access to the dinghy garage; 3 large lockers:
- To starboard, next to the cockpit, 1 partitioned and ventilated locker for storing various items, outboard motor tank, etc.
- On the aft deck, to port: a large locker for miscellaneous equipment.
- On the aft deck, to starboard: a large locker containing the sealed compartment for two gas cylinders fitted with a safety pressure valve and a solenoid valve.
- The whole locker breathes to the fresh air.
- Manual removable gangway.
- Situated to the right of the companionway at a slightly lower level, it is very large and is a major feature of the life on board. A large opening port light gives a view of the outside whilst doing the cooking.
- It is naturally very light, great attention has been paid to the lighting and ventilation which are excellent.
- It comprises : A large Corian working surface with surround
- Composite moulded sink with mixer tap
- A combination of low units, drawers and high storage.
- A gimbal-mounted 4-burner Miele stove, with potholders.
- Electric extractor hood with filter
- Electric oven, 220V
- Stainless steel microwave oven/grill, 220V
- Stainless steel short cycle dishwasher
- Brushed stainless steel refrigeration unit with one 180 litre refrigerator and one 130 litre front opening freezer (a second 30 litre freezer section is possible as an option).
- Several 220V sockets.
- Fresh water capacity: 2 x 500 litre tanks, each under the floor.
- Partitioned and watertight wastewater tank (capacity: approximately 120 litres), with 2 sewage pumps (one electric and automatic, and one manual).
- Locker under floor boards.
- Situated to port under the deck roof and the wheelhouse. It is very light and spacious. It provides an excellent view of the outside from its 4 opening hatches, its opening port hole and 4 large port lights. The companionway is well protected by the wheelhouse and can even remain open in rainy weather.
- 220V air-conditioning (2 units)
- Direct and indirect lighting (mainly LED) with dimmer, marker lights and night lights.
- Numerous electrical sockets.
- The saloon is designed with a vast combined dining and lounge area, including an adjustable table (sliding, swivelling, folding and with telescopic foot) with a very big U shaped seat around.
- The dresser with drawers is placed to port by the companionway, with glass-holder shelves above.
- Another storage place with glass-holders behind the aft seat of the saloon, with leather-covered stainless steel vertical handrail.
- The LED 48" 3D TV screen is placed on the front bulkhead. TV antenna on mizzen mast.
- Blu-Ray DVD player.
- Audio system: radio-CD-MP3 with BOSE acoustics.
Forward Owner's Cabin
- It covers the full width of the hull. It is vast, very light and well ventilated thanks to 3 deck hatches and 2 hull port lights. LED lighting by spot lamps in the ceiling, reading lamps, indirect lighting and night marker lights.
- Central 1.60m double bed, slat base and Bultex mattress. Very large storage spaces under the bed with drawers and top access.
- Lockers, drawers, bedside units, and a huge hanging locker for optimum ease of storage.
- Desk unit/dressing table to starboard with swivelling seat, mirror and 220V sockets.
- 220V air conditioning.
- Water-heater (40 litres) dedicated to the forward cabin bathroom
- Spacious shower, floor grating and thermostatic shower unit. Handrail in the
shower, storage and lights.
- Storage space in the shower.
- Lighting by deck hatch, spot lamps in the ceiling, wall lights and indirect lighting.
- Storage unit with flush washbasin and mixer tap.
- Lockers, towel rail, clothes hooks, toilet paper holder and mirror.
- Electric marine toilet with black water tank.
- A/C outflow.
Port Aft Guest Cabin
- Access to the cabin is via the passageway.
- Ventilation and daylight by fixed port lights, and opening hatch and port lights.
- General lighting by spot lamps, reading lamps, indirect lighting and night marker lights, the majority by LEDs.
- Central double bed with bedside units and a vast storage space under the bed.
- Numerous storage spaces in closed and open lockers, hanging locker.
- 220V socket.
- 220V air-conditioning.
- Very spacious watertight engine room, with very efficient sound insulation.
- The engine and all the heavy equipment (generator set and batteries) are centred and positioned very low.
- High density insulating foam with incorporated layer of heavy mass material ; interior trim with perforated metal coating.
- Aluminium floor.
- Several lighting points, 220V and 24V sockets.
- Automatic fire extinguishing system, remote controlled from the cockpit.
- Access: from the cockpit, and via a watertight door below in the passageway.
- Trap door in the passageway.
- Steyr 6-cylinder, 150 HP, 3.2-litre, low speed diesel engine, hydraulic gearbox with shaft brake. Electric engine controls.
- AMEL angle transmission.
- Fixed 4-blade propeller (folding propeller available as an option).
- Diesel fuel capacity: 1400 litres (two 700 litre aluminium tanks).
- Double diesel fuel filter with 3-way tap.
- 2 x 24V fans: 1 extractor, 1 blower.
- Encased Onan 4-cylinder, 2.4 litre, 1500 rpm 19.5 kW.
- MAX POWER retractable 20 hp electric bow and stern thrusters. 2 batteries dedicated for each thruster.
- Pumps, hot water tank (40 litres), A/C compressors, etc
- 24V and 220V distribution boards with ammeters and voltmeters.
- 12V circuit for engine and generator (1 x 90 Amp/h battery for each).
- Emergency starting bypass for engine and generator.
- 24V service circuit : set of batteries for a total of 800 Amp/h, of which 200 Amp/h are dedicated to the bow thruster, windlass(es) and sail furlers.
- 220V circuit with shore power socket and cable.
- 2 x 24V, 100 Amp chargers + 1 X 24V, 60 Amp charger (for thruster batteries) + 1 x 24V, 60 Amp charger (shore power).
- 20 Amp charger dedicated to the front batteries.
- 24V/220V, 5000W inverter + 24V/220V, 800W inverter (dedicated to HI-FI, TV and computer).
- 24V interior lighting (mostly LED).
- 12V, 24V and 220V sockets.
- Furuno FR 1835 radar.
- Furuno GP33 and GP330 GPS.
- B & G Hydra 5000 navigation system comprising: 1 GFD chart table and 1 in cockpit.
- Garmin VHF at navstation
- Hydraulic Furuno Navpilot 711C automatic pilot
- The Amel 64 is rigged as a ketch.
- AMEL main and mizzen masts. Both masts are designed and entirely manufactured by AMEL. The finish is polyurethane paint. 3 sets of spreaders on the main mast and 2 on the mizzen. AMEL 24V electric roller reefing systems with manual release on both masts.
- Deck lights on the main and mizzen masts.
- LED mooring and halogen masthead lights.
- Single strand stainless steel standing rigging (Rods for the stay and lower stay).
- Vectran and Dyneema halyards.
- Purpose built AMEL booms, finished in polyurethane paint.
- Hydraulic down-haul on the main boom.
- Reckmann electric genoa and staysail furling gear.
- External halyard on main mast.
Sails and Accessories
- Tri-radial cut Hydranet mainsail.
- Tri-radial cut Hydranet mizzen sail.
- Tri-radial Hydranet genoa.
- Tri-radial Hydranet staysail.
- Complete set of sheets and vangs for both booms.
- 4 x 15m of 28mm mooring lines
- 2 x 25m of 28mm mooring lines
- 10 fenders
- Owner’s manual, drawings, diagrams and equipment manuals.