2016 KER 40+
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Cowes, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 450,000 Tax Paid (US$ 627,615)
Featuring the latest and greatest technology, as developed for the FAST 40 class rules, she is a step above her rivals in the pursuit of those performance gains.
This led her to winning the FAST 40 Class National championships in 2017.
These Jason Ker designed boats have now won 4 of the last 6 FAST 40 regatta's clearly highlighting their potential across a variety of courses and wind conditions.
An awesome boat, that wants for absolutely nothing, thanks to a passionate owner and one of the best boat captains in the business overseeing her development curve!
Please contact at +44 (0)23 8045 0000
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Other
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 10 in
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Sail drive
PACE has a 2016 Southern Spars, High Modulus, grand prix mast and boom arrangement.
P = 17.100 m
I = 16.575 m
J = 4.930 m
E = 5.670 m
BAS = 1.705 m
RM @ 1º = 2,062 kgm
RM @ 30º = 6,911 kgm
½ CPW V1 = 1.700 m
½ CPW D1 = 1.700 m
2 Spreader Sets, Keel Stepped
Section Size 243 mm x 121 mm, Tapered
Tube Length 20.020m *
Approximate Bare Tube Weight 68.5 kg
Fighting weight 170kg
Southern Spars, two spreader Mast - High modulus upgrade - 22kg weight saving.
Southern Spars Boom - High modulus upgrade - 9kg weight saving.
Full titanium fittings upgrade - 3kg saving
Custom Instrument Bracket
Main Halyard Lock - cassette
Masthead Code 0 lock - cassette
Jib Halyard Lock - cassette
Fractional Halyard Lock - cassette
Carbon C6 Forestay
Carbon C6 standing rigging
Carbon C6 running backstays - full standing rigging package = 16kg
Southern Spars mast step
Locking bullets 2 sets
Internal Tangs for Southern Spars rig
Gorilla headstay foil for use with EC6 Forestay
Deck chock aft control facility
Jib Taco (cunningham slider)
Headstay strop - custom from TT Rigging.
Tylaska T8 for jib taco.
Matt black painted finish.
Upgraded runner mounting in mast tube, works by Alpha Plus UK to drawings supplied by Southern Spars (SEPT 2016).
Integrated deflector system for backstay and headstay control.
Max working forestay load - 5100kg
Custom magic wheel from Diverse Yachts to control deflector system.
Custom control system with exit on deck.
Adjustable head stay arrangement, with use of Harken hydraulic system.
Custom install to allow for on deck control, but with no ugly pump handle showing.
Release valve by primary winches.
Custom arrangement allowing jib taco to move with head stay.
Complete running rigging package for inshore racing with some spares all Marlow top end PBO pure and PBO/ tech blended lines. Using mostly sk99 max cores throughout.
Twin under deck spinnaker sheet reelers in carbon, for tidy storage of working sheets.
Under deck remote spin sheet clutching for working sheets and string drop.
Halyard locks with trip lines for Main Halyard, Jib halyard, Fractional halyard and 1 x Masthead spin halyard.
Vang control led aft, with exit on deck.
2 x Bowsprit:
1. Autoclaved carbon fibre bowsprit built by McConaghy with aluminium pig nose set up and bobstay standard STL length.
2. Autoclaved High Modulus Carbon +300 mm length by Green Marine PM by Alpha Plus with 3d printed titanium pig nose and rod bobstay, currently on boat. Both sprits to run 2-1 tackline for zeros. Can be changed very quickly.
Entire inventory from North Sails UK.
Dick Parker and David Lenz designs.
Sail, Code, Year, Spec, Dpi:
• Mainsail, Mn-B, 2017, 3Di Raw 870, 16800.
• Jib, J1.5-B, 2017, 3Di Raw 870, 12600.
• Jib, J2-C, 2017, 3Di Raw 870, 16800.
• Jib, J3-B, 2017, 3Di Raw 870, 19600.
• Asymmetric, A1.5-B, 2017, SK60/50.
• Asymmetric, A2-B, 2017, SK75/60.
• Asymmetric, A2+-B, 2017, SK80/60.
• Asymmetric, A4-B, 2017, SK150/90.
• Mainsail, Mn-A, 2016, 3Di Raw 870, 16800.
• Jib, J1.5-A, 2016, 3Di Raw 870, 12600.
• Jib, J2-A, 2016, 3Di Raw 870, 16800.
• Jib, J2-B, 2016, 3Di Raw 870, 16800.
• Jib, J3-A, 2016, 3Di Raw 870, 19600.
• Jib, J4-A, 2016, 3Di Raw 870, 22400.
• Asymmetric, A1.5-A, 2016, SK60/50.
• Asymmetric, A2-A, 2016, SK75/60.
• Asymmetric, A2+, 2016, PK 77/66.
• Asymmetric, A4-A, 2016, SK130/90.
• Asymmetric, MHO-A, 2016, ODL -04.
• Asymmetric, FRO-A, 2016, ODL -04.
• Staysail, GS-A, 2016, 3DL 860m, 10850.
• Staysail, SS-A, 2016, ODL-04.
• Storm Jib, 2016, Dacron.
Engine & Gearboxes:
Lombardini 502 14hp engine, in aluminium.
Lombardini sail drive leg.
Engine changed from standard due to substantial weight savings.
Gori folding racing propellor.
Maintenance & Performance:
Systems install and commissioning by Alpha Plus UK Ltd. with extensive modifications all through the boat history and works done is documented and is available on request.
Full house rewire to lighten all battery wiring systems and improve.
Full lithium ion battery upgrade with 3 x house batteries and 1 x engine start.
All plumbing removed to reduce weight.
Custom bilge pump installation with carbon brackets - 7 pumps.
Allisport aluminium lightweight fuel tank.
Fuel system removed to reduce weight.
Alpha Plus built drop down painted steel shipping cradle.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
Full custom covers, bags etc.
Custom Lewmar winch and pedestal system - supplied and installed by Diverse Yachts UK.
LEWMAR - 60/3GPST BK ROLLER SB CF WINCH - PRIMARIES x 2.
LEWMAR - 50GPST BK AL WINCH - MAINSHEET x 2.
LEWMAR - 50 GPST BK AL WINCH - PIT x 1.
LEWMAR - 50ST EVO RACE+ ALLOY BLACK WINCH - RUNNER x 2.
LEWMAR - PEDESTAL SYSTEM INCLUDING CUSTOM DIVERSE TAKE DOWN STRING DROP SYSTEM OFF PRIMARY WINCHES.
SPINNAKER TAKE DOWN SYSTEM INCL DRUM & ROLLER UNDER THE FORE HATCH.
NON HYDRAULIC, CUSTOM DEFLECTOR SYSTEM FROM DIVERSE YACHTS.
LEWMAR - 250 ONE TOUCH POWER GRIP WINCH HANDLE x 5.
3 x button control system, with custom clutches on gearboxes to engage primary winches and string drop systems.
B&G H 5000 systems with 2 cockpit GFD, 5 20/20.
On deck WIFI.
G tack under deck water proof computer, no deck screen supplied with the yacht.
Harken, Spinlock and custom McConaghy fittings throughout the boat.
On top of the regular Grand Prix specification for these boats;
Custom car in-haul system with upgraded CRX jib tracks and cars.
Clutches - SPINLOCK, full spec with ceramic jaw upgrades and lock open clutches for main sheet.
Pro-trim main sheet traveller system.
Under deck 2/1 or 3/1 downwind jib sheet led aft.
2 x KZ furlers for the Mast head zero and Fractional zero.
2017 mod to spinnaker under deck sheave arrangement by Alpha Plus UK Ltd.
Built by McConaghy Boats and launched August 2016.
Ker 40+ Hull #4 - "Modified" Grand Prix Specification
Carbon Fibre/Foam/Epoxy, with pre-preg upgrade to accurately control build weight.
IRC: TCC 1.270
Ker 40+ has been designed and built in accordance with requirements of ISO 12215 Category A.
DVN/GL Approval (Germanischer Lloyd).
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Carbon Fibre/Foam/Epoxy, with pre-preg upgrade to accurately control build weight.
• Below waterline refaired and refinished by Alpha plus on arrival in UK.
• Various factory supplied mouldings, galley, plumbing and other bits removed for racing including the heads compartment. Simple to refit for offshore requirements.
Keel & Rudder:
• 2 x Keel fins for the boat, Mk 2 solid steel machined fin, Mk 3 Fabricated hollow fin (currently on the yacht). Both with composite and trailing edge fairings.
• Rudder is light weight upgraded option pre preg carbon modified design and cord length.