- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
HARDY 40DS REFINED LOOKS COMBINE WITH OUTSTANDING ENGINEERING IN A DECK SALOON MOTOR BOAT
A recent addition to the range, the Hardy 40DS offers contemporary and stylish living and entertaining accommodation, combined with first-class engineering, for all-weather sea and inland cruising.
This inspired development of the Hardy 42 hull has superb live-aboard space with a single-level wheelhouse, saloon and cockpit area that is around half her total length. There is also a luxuriously appointed owner’s double cabin, a further twin berthed guest cabin and a very spacious head with stall shower.
The comprehensively-equipped galley is located in the saloon and can be fitted in such a way that all equipment is concealed when not in use. The forward facing wheelhouse windows reduce glare and heat build-up.
Outside there is a large bathing platform, formed by the aft two feet of the hull and accessed from her large aft cockpit through a door in the transom.
The 40DS is fitted as standard with a single 440hp Yanmar that gives very economical cruising up to around 19 knots. The propeller is well protected by both the keel and a stainless steel strap, running aft from the underside of the keel, on which the rudder is mounted, making it perfect for inland use, yet retaining exceptional sea-keeping attributes.
A bow thruster is fitted as standard; optional extras include a stern thruster and a twin-engine installation.
You can choose from a maple and walnut interior for a contemporary look or opt for a more traditional scheme if preferred.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 12.80 m
Beam: 4.30 m
Maximum Draft: 1.20 m
Bridge Clearance: 3.30 m
Dry Weight: 14000 kgs
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Option 1: 1x Yanmar 440 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (430 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (1710 Liters)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
- Walk around teak laid fore and side decks plus cockpit
- Interior joinery in American white oak (other options available)
- Stainless steel pulpit and stanchions
- Integral teak laid bathing platform with extending swimming ladder
- Electric anchor windlass with Claw anchor and 60m chain
- Wheelhouse steering and engine controls
- 12/24VDC electrical system with LED lighting
- 240VAC shore system with five double sockets
- 30A/24V battery charger
- Large head compartment with marine toilet and stall shower
- Holding tank with electric pump-out
- Galley with H&C water supply, gas cooker and fridge with freezer compartment
- Corian or similar galley worktop
- Drinks fridge in saloon
- Wipers with washers
- Trim tabs