2016 Contest 72CS
- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
At a size allowing four spacious guest cabins and fully enclosable galley and crew quarters, the Contest 72CS, flagship of the Contest fleet, provides the perfect platform for both owner driver or skipper and crew assisted sailing. And the nature of wide ranging options spans just about every element of this truly semi-custom build, with bulkhead positioning almost the only constraint.
Deliveries to date span full carbon rig with Park Lane boom and 3Di moulded sails to alloy spars and vertically battened Vectra with in-mast furling. With one approach racing, one cruising, one more private with forward galley, one inclusive with aft U-shaped galley, choice and specification is entirely personal.
Beneath this freedom, there lies extensive design engineering pre-empting likelihoods with proven practice and application. This is such a trait of Contest and a powerful differentiator. Scope well considered before the first line is drawn. The Contest 72CS presents a most persuasive case, virtual custom build at fractional cost.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 71 ft 5 in
Beam: 18 ft 7 in
LWL: 62 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 6 in
Dry Weight: 97664 lbs
Engine Option 1: 1x Perkins M216C 216 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (223 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (373 Gallons)
- Hull in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins, infused with vinylester resin.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas like the keel area.
- First layer after gelcoat is a special barrier coat.
- Structural bulkheads fully bonded to hull and deck.
- Two year warranty.
- Hull: gelcoat white.
- Stripe and waterlines: colour owner's choice.
- Name and homeport on stern.
- Antifouling: two layers.
- Deck in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Deck: gelcoat white.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas where deck equipment is fitted.
- Deck lockers and anchor locker in composite with gelcoat finish and aluminium teak covered deck hatches.
- 12mm hand laid teak deck, toe rail, cockpit seats, cockpit floor and teak detailing around the cockpit.
- Two helmsman positions.
- Large separated guest cockpit, suitable for twelve people sitting.
- Two cockpit tables with stainlss steel 316 support for table and canvas cover for UV protection.
- Winches and sheets situated within reach of helmsman’s position.
- Free walkway from aft deck to guest cockpit.
- Pad eyes for safety harnesses mounted in cockpit.
Mast, Rigging and Sails
- Selden spars, keel stepped, sloop rigged, anodised, painted white.
- Swept back spreaders.
- Slab reefing system.
- Selden MDS Car system.
- LED navigation lights.
- Masthead light 3-colours with anchor light.
- Deck light.
- Spreaders lights 2 x down.
- Boom light.
- Windex in mast top.
- Fixed cutter stay with tensioner and running backstays.
- Standing rigging: Rod rigging.
- Genoa hydraulic furling system.
- Main sheet 14mm, winches situated within reach of the helmsman.
- Genoa sheets 16mm, winches situated within reach of the helmsman.
- Mainsail, fully battened, slab reefing by North Sails.
- Lazy jacks and main sail cover.
- Furling genoa by North Sails.
- Light oak joinery.
- Oak floor.
- Matt varnished.
- Chrome fittings throughout.
- Padded side panelling.
- Padded sections throughout the boat.
- Diagonally sliding saloon table for easy access for comfortable lounging and dining.
- Two ottomans for occasional seating with release fitting for easy stowage while sailing.
- Shower stalls with on handle mixer valves.
- Doors with anti-rattle door locks.
- Corian worktops in galley.
- Corian tops in each head with washbasins.
- Design taps.
- Five-burner cooker, with oven and grill fitted on gimbals (stainless steel).
- Cooker hood with extractor fan in galley.
- Microwave stainless steel in galley.
- Quality upholstery, colour to owner's choice.
- Quality curtain blinds for portholes.
- Quality curtain blinds behind padded panels for hull windows.
- Roller blinds at all skylight hatches.
- Lee cloths in all berths.
- Overhead lights in all cabins.
- Dimmers on overhead lights throughout the ship.
- Red navigation light above chart table.
- Careful noise reduction throughout.
- Engine room well insulated.
- Comfortable mattresses in all cabins.
- 60-set (10 persons) of Contest Yachts porcelain crockey.
- Automatic lighting (30 seconds) when opening companionway hatch.
- Garbage bin in galley.
- Extensive mirrors in heads.
- Spacious engine room with easy access from top side.
- Perkins M216C 161kW (216hp) 2400 rpm 6 cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine.
- Indirect cooling.
- Hurth ZF63A Hydraulic gearbox.
- Separate main switch to enable service batteries to be used as starter battery.
- Single lever gears throttle control on starboard steering pedestal.
- Engine panel fitted in cockpit including rev. counter, oil pressure- temperature- and charge alarm, start and stop buttons.
- Water cooled exhaust with water lock and water separator.
- Stainless steel propeller shaft with thrust bearing and flexible coupling.
- Stern tube with water lubricated bearings and water seal.
- V-bracket propeller shaft.
- Four bladed propeller in bronze.
- Engine room insulated with combined drone- and sound absorbing insulation.
- Engine room ventilation by double electric ventilators and natural ventilation grills.
- Automatic engine room fire extinguish system.
- 24 VDC and 230 VAC system on board.
- Dedicated technical area (electrical room) for switches and fuses.
- Standard energy pack:
- Service batteries 720 Ah | 24 VDC (Li-Ion)
- Start battery engine 70 Ah | 24 VDC
- Start battery generator 70 Ah | 12 VDC
- Combined inverter/charger, 3.500 W inverter, 100 A | 24 VDC battery charger
- Battery charger start battery 12 A | 24 VDC
- Battery charger generator start battery 25 A | 12 VDC
- Monitoring/control display batteries and combined inverter/charger
- Alternator 60 A | 24 VDC start battery engine group
- Second alternator 75 A | 24 VDC service battery group
- Generator 1500rpm, 11.0kW, 230 VAC - 50Hz
- 230V - 50 Hz shore power connection:
- - Shore power isolation transformer 7.0kW | 32 A
- - Shore power socket for 230 VAC | 50 Hz shore power
- - Cable 25m with 3-pole CEE 16 A connector
- Adapter cable CEE 32 A to CEE 16 A
- 230V socket in each cabin/compartment.
- Emergency engine start on service batteries.
- All sea cocks under waterline are grounded.