2016 Contest 62CS
- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
The higher the climb through the range, the sleeker the generic Contest styling seems, and the 62CS presents a developed pretty profile with accented, soft angled, low rise, long glazed coachroof topping the powerful hull’s straight run sheerline. The two cockpit plan, with distinct working and social areas, and twin helm stations, hint at size, further confirmed by the hydraulically folding transom which reveals a tender garage and creates a full beam bathing and boarding platform.
Below the options for interior plan are many with the large central saloon at the centre of anything from three to five sleeping cabins with a variety of berth configurations from guest doubles and bunks to mirrored aft cabins in place of the usual and popular fully serviced, full-beam master suite.
Space abounds, filled by natural light from the many hatches, hull and panoramic windows®, and ventilation to all cabins.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 63 ft 9 in
Beam: 17 ft 9 in
LWL: 55 ft 1 in
Minimum Draft: 8 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 13 ft 9 in
Dry Weight: 68563 lbs
Engine Option 1: 1x Yanmar 6BY3-160 160 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (209 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (332 Gallons)
- Hull in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins, infused with vinylester resin.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas like the keel area.
- First layer after gelcoat is a special barrier coat.
- Structural bulkheads fully bonded to hull and deck.
- Two year warranty.
- Hull: gelcoat white.
- Stripe and waterlines: colour owner's choice.
- Antifouling: two layers.
- Deck in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Deck: gelcoat white.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas where deck equipment is fitted.
- Deck lockers and anchor locker in composite with gelcoat finish and aluminium teak covered deck hatches.
- 12mm hand laid teak deck, toe rail, cockpit seats, cockpit floor and teak detailing around the cockpit.
- Two helmsman positions.
- Large separated guest cockpit, suitable for ten people sitting.
- Fixed cockpit table with stainless steel 316 support for table and canvas cover for UV protection.
- Winches and sheets situated within reach of helmsman’s position.
- Two alcoves for storage of sheets and other small deck gear.
- Free walkway from aft deck to guest cockpit.
- Pad eyes for safety harnesses mounted in cockpit.
Mast, Rigging and Sails
- Selden spars, keel stepped, sloop rigged, anodised, painted white.
- Swept back spreaders.
- Slab reefing system.
- Selden MDS Car system.
- LED navigation lights.
- Masthead light 3-colours with anchor light.
- Deck light.
- Spreaders lights 2 x down.
- Boom light.
- Windex in mast top.
- Removable Kevlar cutter stay with tensioner and running backstays.
- Standing rigging: Dyform rigging.
- Genoa furling system.
- Main sheet 14mm, winches situated within reach of the helmsman.
- Genoa sheets 16mm, winches situated within reach of the helmsman.
- Mainsail, fully battened, slab reefing by North Sails.
- Lazy jacks and main sail cover.
- Furling genoa by North Sails.
- Light oak joinery.
- Oak floor.
- Matt varnished.
- Chrome fittings throughout.
- Padded side panelling.
- Padded sections throughout the boat.
- Diagonally sliding saloon table for easy access for comfortable lounging and dining.
- Two ottomans for occasional seating with release fitting for easy stowage while sailing.
- Shower stalls with on handle mixer valves.
- Doors with anti-rattle door locks.
- Corian worktops in galley.
- Corian tops in each head with washbasins.
- Design taps.
- Three-burner cooker with oven and grill fitted on gimbals (stainless steel).
- Cooker hood with extractor fan in galley.
- Quality upholstery, colour to owner's choice.
- Quality curtain blinds for portholes.
- Roller blinds at all skylight hatches.
- Lee cloths in all berths.
- Overhead lights in all cabins.
- Dimmers on overhead lights in saloon.
- Red navigation light above chart table.
- Careful noise reduction throughout.
- Engine room well insulated.
- Comfortable mattresses in all cabins.
- 48-set (8 persons) of Contest Yachts porcelain crockery.
- 32-set (8 persons) of drinking glasses and bottle stowage in bar.
- Automatic lighting (30 seconds) when opening companionway hatch.
- Garbage bin in galley.
- Extensive mirrors in heads.
- Spacious engine room with easy access from side passage.
- Yanmar 6BY3-160 117kW (160hp) 2800 rpm 6 cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine.
- Indirect cooling.
- KMH51A mechanical gearbox with 2,6:1 reduction.
- Separate main switch to enable service batteries to be used as starter battery.
- Single lever gears throttle control on starboard steering pedestal.
- Engine panel fitted in cockpit including rev. counter, oil pressure- temperature- and charge alarm, start and stop buttons.
- Water cooled exhaust with water lock.
- Stainless steel propeller shaft with thrust bearing and flexible coupling.
- Stern tube with water lubricated bearings and water seal.
- V-bracket propeller shaft
- Four bladed propeller in bronze.
- Engine room insulated with combined drone- and sound absorbing insulation.
- Engine room ventilation by double electric ventilators and natural ventilation grills.
- Automatic engine room fire-extinguish system.
- 24 VDC and 230 VAC system on board.
- Dedicated technical area (electrical room) for switches and fuses.
- Standard energy pack:
- Service batteries 600 Ah | 24 VDC
- Bow thruster batteries 320 Ah | 24 VDC
- Start battery engine 130 Ah | 12 VDC
- Battery charger bow thruster batteries 25 A | 24 VDC
- Battery charger start battery 25 A | 12 VDC
- Monitoring display batteries
- Alternator 150 A | 12 VDC start battery engine group
- Second alternator 80 A | 24 VDC service battery group
- 230V - 50 Hz shore power connection:
- - Shore power isolation transformer 7.0kW | 32 A
- - Shore power socket for 230 VAC | 50 Hz shore power
- - Cable 25m with 3-pole CEE 16 A connector
- Adapter cable CEE 32 A to CEE 16 A
- 230V socket in each cabin/compartment.
- Emergency engine start on service batteries.
- All sea cocks under waterline are grounded.