- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
Its outline fully reflects the AMEL spirit, supported by its modern and dynamic lines. AMEL 55 is available as a cabriolet or hardtop version, with a wide range of interior layouts (two or three cabins) and wood panelling colours.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 17.30 m
Beam: 4.99 m
LWL: 14.85 m
Maximum Draft: 2.20 m
Dry Weight: 21500 kgs
Engine Option 1: 1x Volvo 110 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (800 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (900 Liters)
- Hull made from composite, Roving 71 glass fibre + glass flakes against osmosis / isophthalic resin, monolithic laminate, laid up by hand (application / coating /
air removal) in lengthwise and transverse layers with a two thirds overlap.
- Frame structure in polyurethane omega-foam and plywood, laminated to the hull, as is all the joinery structure (bulkheads, furniture units, lockers, etc.)
- This system guarantees the highest rigidity of the whole unit and optimises load spread. Compression forces from the masts / rigging are compensated by a structure of support pillars for the masts and chain plate tie-rods laminated to the hull for the rigging.
- The bulkheads are glued and laminated with the deck. 4 of them are watertight bulkheads with isolation valves.
- Composite Roving 71 glass fiber / isophtalic resin and balsa sandwich deck moulded by the same process as the hull (the deck is glued and laminated to the hull and the bulkheads).
- The fore and aft bridge, foredeck and quarter deck are made from “Amel teak", moulded into the deck.
- Self-bailing cockpit (2 scuppers, 100 mm diameter)
- Cast iron ballast fixed to the hull / keel by stainless steel bolts, sealing by Epoxy treatment.
- Monolithic laminate rudder with skeg made from plain composite, moulded in one piece with the hull. The rudder is mounted at 3 points, the rudder trunk is
laminated and the intermediate fitting and socket are stainless steel, bolted. Stainless steel rudder stock, 60 mm in diameter.
- Stainless steel bow fitting for 2 anchors. Fresh water outlet on the deck.
- Electric windlass controlled from the cockpit, stainless steel Bügel (Wasi) 30kg anchor, 100m of 10mm galvanised chain (2nd electric windlass available as an option).
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and side rails (opening in the pushpit for easy access to quay or pontoon). Stainless steel guard line.
- LED navigation lights.
- 8 stainless steel mooring cleats.
- Bracket for outboard engine in aft locker
- Stainless steel chain plates.
- Sheet traveller tracks with tidy travellers
- Set of pulleys throughout
- All the controls (manual and electric) of sheets and mainsail tackle are run to the cockpit.
- 2 electric genoa sheet winches.
- 2 stay sail sheet winches.
- 1 electric mainsheet winch.
- 1 mizzen sail sheet winch.
- 2 manual main mast winches.
- 1 manual mizzen mast winch.
- Halyard downhauls : 2 on the main and 1 on the mizzen mast.
- 4 halyard clutches (including one double) and 1 on main mast (staysail option).
- Manual removable gangway
- 12 hatches ; 6 opening portlights.
- On deck, 4 large lockers:
- At the foredeck : a large locker with easy access to the bow
thruster and chain lockers, a wide space for fenders, mooring lines
and extra sails.
- To portside, next to the cockpit : a locker for various equipments (oil
tank for the outboard engine, cleansing products, hosepipes, etc.)
- Right by this locker : a second locker with 2 gas cylinders fitted with
1 safety pressure valve and an electric valve. The whole locker
breathes to the fresh air.
- On the aft deck : a large locker for a possible dinghy, outboard
engine, diving equipment, fenders and others.
- Large, comfortable and reassuring cockpit.
- 1 helmsman’s station in the wheelhouse with a leather covered stainless steel wheel. The wheel steering is mechanical.
- Console in front of the wheel for the electronics, together with all the other controls (windlass, furling gear, thruster, etc).
- Very comfortable composite helmsman’s seat with leather seat and back.
- Adjustable teak and laminate cockpit table.
- Large locker with light in the cockpit on portside + locker at the mizzen mast foot on portside
- It is very bright and spacious. It provides an excellent view of the outside from its 4 opening hatches and 4 large hull portlights.
- Direct and indirect lighting (mainly LED).
- Numerous electrical sockets.
- Large sliding table with extension, for 8 people, with very comfortable U shaped seat. Close storage for dishes.
- Saloon part: 1 very comfortable sofa with a wine / spirit cabinet and storage for glasses.
- Audio system: radio-CD-MP3 with BOSE acoustics.
- Forward Owner's Cabin
- Closed by a watertight door. It covers the full width of the hull. It is vast, very light and well ventilated thanks to 3 deck hatches and 2 hull portlights. LED lighting by ceiling lights, wall lamps and reading lamps (mainly LED).
- Central 1.60m double bed, slat base and high density foam mattress. Very large storage space under the bed with top access.
- Cabinets, drawers, and a large hanging locker for optimum ease of storage.
- Desk unit/dressing table to starboard with swivelling seat, mirror and 220V sockets.
- Spacious shower, floor grating and sliding door, mixing tap. Handrail in the shower, storage and lights.
- Lighting by deck hatch and ceiling lights.
- Storage unit with deep flush washbasin and mixer tap.
- Cabinets, towel rail, clothes hooks, toilet paper holder and mirror.
- Electric vacuum marine toilet (fresh water) with black water tank.
- Situated to the left of the companionway, it is very large and is a major feature of the life on board. A large opening portlight gives a view of the outside whilst doing the cooking.
- It is naturally very light, great attention has been paid to the lighting and ventilation which are excellent.
- It comprises 2 large working surfaces made of moulded Corian with surround
- 2-basin stainless steel sink with mixer tap and hand shower.
- A combination of low units, drawers and upper cabinets.
- A gimbal-mounted 3-burner stove/oven, with potholders.
- Electric extractor hood with filter
- Stainless steel microwave oven, 220V
- 150 litre refrigerator and 150 litre freezer.
- Several 220V sockets.
- Fresh water capacity: 1 x 800 litre tank with access through hatches.
- Partitioned wastewater tank (capacity: approximately 60 litres), with 2 sewage pumps
- Very spacious watertight engine room, with very efficient sound insulation.
- The engine and all the heavy equipment (generator set) are centred and positioned very low.
- High density insulating foam and inside coating with high acoustic performance.
- Several lighting points, 220V and 24V sockets.
- Access: from the cockpit, full opening of the cockpit bottom assisted by gas
- Volvo engine, 5-cylinder, low speed diesel engine, 110HP, hydraulic gearbox with shaft brake. Electric throttle. AMEL angle transmission.
- Fixed 3-blade propeller (folding propeller available as an option).
- Diesel fuel capacity: 900 litres.
- Double diesel fuel filter with 3-way tap.
- 24V fans: 1 extractor for the engine compartment, 1 extractor for the battery
- Onan 3-cylinder generator, 1500 rpm, 7,5 kW.
- Retractable electric bow thruster, 11HP.
- Fresh water pump, hot water tank (50 litres)
- 24V and 220V distribution boards with ammeters and voltmeters.
- 12V circuit for engine and generator.
- 24V, 600 Amp/h service circuit.
- 220V circuit with cable and pontoon connector at the aft, and 220V/24V, 100 Amp charger.
- 24V interior lighting (mostly LED).
- 12V, 24V and 220V sockets
- Furuno FR1835 radar.
- Furuno GP33 and GP330 GPS.
- B & G Hydra 5000 including: 1 GFD at chart table, 1 GFD in cockpit.
- Garmin VHF at chart table
- Hydraulic Furuno Navpilot 711 automatic pilot.
- The Amel 55 is rigged as a ketch.
- "AMEL" main and mizzen masts. Both masts are designed and entirely
manufactured by AMEL. The finish is a 2-component polyurethane paint. 2
sets of spreaders on the main mast and 1 on the mizzen. AMEL 24V
electric roller reefing system with manual release on the main mast.
- AMEL electric roller reefing system on the mizzen with manual release.
- LED deck lights on the main and mizzen masts.
- Mooring and masthead lights (LED).
- Single strand stainless steel standing rigging .
- Vectran and Dyneema halyards.
- Purpose built AMEL booms, finished in polyurethane paint.
- Down-haul on the main boom.
- Automatic toping lift on mizzen boom.
- Reckman electric genoa furling gear.
- External halyard on main mast.