- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Eliot, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 69,000
ELLEN C. WELLS is a 34' LOD William Garden designed, gaff rigged schooner finished in 2015 by George Patten Boatbuilding in Kittery, Maine. George has built over 40 vessels in his career, both sail and power, and is known for his exquisite craftsmanship. George purchased the strip-planked mahogany hull in 2010. The builder of the hull is unknown, but George reports the hull was very well built. Over a 5 year period, he finished ELLEN C. WELLS to very high standards. In 2015, he sailed her singlehanded to Penobscot Bay and back, and reported she is very fast, balanced and easy to handle. Please come and inspect this "work of art" and thank you for your interest.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 42 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
ELLEN C. WELLS
Designer: William Garden
Beam: 10 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 34 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 4 in
Headroom: 5 ft 11 in
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 30GM3F
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 30 HP
• Hull: started 1995; finished by George S. Patten Boatbuilding in 2015 (he bought hull in 2010).
• Strip planked mahogany hull, painted dark green with white sheer strake and boottop, red bottom.
• Decks are vertical grain laid and caulked fir over 3/4" marine plywood - 1 1/2" thick.
• Painted white pine cabin trunk sides with 2 layers of fiberglass over marine plywood trunk cabin tops, painted buff.
• Bronze screw fasteners and keel bolts; hull is fastened with bronze ring nails, edge fastened and glued on strip planking.
• 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" oak frames and floors, stern and keel.
• White oak toerails.
• Fir bowsprit.
• 6000 lbs iron ballast.
• Edson bronze worm gear wheel steering with Edson wheel in self-bailing cockpit.
• Inboard rudder.
• Bronze opening ports, no screens; two oak deck hatches and two sliding companionway hatches. provide excellent ventilation.
• Opening skylight hatches.
Fuel: 20 gallons in aluminum tank.
Water: 38 gallons in two S/S tanks.
Holding: 12 gallons in poly tank.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
• Yanmar 30GM3F, 30 hp, FWC, rebuilt by George Patten 2015, with only 60 hours..
• New 2015 Kanzaki transmission 2.6:1 reduction gear.
• 1 1/8" S/S shaft; 2 bladed bronze prop.
• 12V electrical system.
• Two 100 amp 12V lead acid batteries in boxes.
• DC circuit breaker panel with volt and ammeters.
• Aqua Signal nav lights.
• LED interior reading lights and dome lights.
• For four in a Herreshoff-style interior with painted white bulkheads overhead, and varnished mahogany trim and cabin sole.
• A very clean, bright and elegant interior.
• Chain locker forward followed aft by vee berths with painted white hull ceiling, hanging locker and a bureau of drawers.
• Next aft is the main cabin with port and starboard settees, and a drop leaf oak dining table.
• Further aft to port is the galley with a Force 10 LPG stove and oven, a black composite sink with hot and cold pressure water, and a chart table/icebox to starboard with 12V refrigeration.
• Further forward to starboard is the enclosed head with an electric W.C., a pull out sink with hot and cold pressure water and a y-valve.
• Garmin Map on swing out bracket at companionway.
• Ritchie binnacle compass.
• Handheld VHF - plugs into 12V panel.
• No depthsounder.
SAILS & RIGGING:
• Schooner rig with gaff-rigged main and foresail in 2015 by Maine Sailing Partners.
• Profurl roller furler for Yankee sail, 2015 by Maine Sailing Partners.
• Self-tending, loose footed staysail.
• Mainmast, foremast and booms are painted fir.
• S/S standing rigging, bronze turnbuckles.
• New synthetic running rigging.
• Bronze hardware.
• Bronze halyard winch for Yankee.
• Bronze S.T. sheet winches.
• 16 lb Danforth with 150' rode and 8' chain.
• One electric bilge pump.
• Fire extinguisher.
• 2 fenders; 4 docklines.
COMMENTS: ELLEN C. WELLS is a 34' LOD William Garden designed, gaff rigged schooner finished in 2015 by George Patten Boatbuilding in Kittery, Maine. George has built over 40 vessels in his career, both sail and power, and is known for his exquisite craftsmanship. George purchased the strip-planked mahogany hull in 2010. The builder of the hull is unknown, but George reports the hull was very well built. Over a 5 year period, he finished ELLEN C. WELLS to very high standards. In 2015, he sailed her singlehanded to Penobscot Bay and back, and reported she is very fast, balanced and easy to handle. Please come and inspect this "work of art" and thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.