- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
The ultimate classic yacht with some extreme modern techniques resulted in the D&D 43’, a pure 100% Dutch built Yacht.
This foam cored composite hull structure features some modern esthetical aspects. Her negative bow will tend to speak of modernity but on the contrary we have seen these extremities centuries ago in naval warfare. With her custom made carbon rig this yacht is showing with her beautiful extra long overhangs an era of racing almost forgotten. The hull structure and 90% of her other hardware are constructed of materials which do not need so much maintenance as her older counterparts. This results in a considerate amount of annual cash-flow less in expenses. These are calculated to be approx. 90% less under normal circumstances.
Only 5 months are needed to build the whole project from A-Z.
The deck layout of this yacht reminds us of the classics from the 19th century. The twist to bring her back to the future is choosing a relative modern look by keeping all decks painted cloud white contrasting with the polished custom made stainless steel deck parts, winches and tiller. The main goal is to see less materials.
When you will see her at the docks or under sail you will think she is an old beauty with a modest modern taste. She will have an IRC rating Certificate and is intentionally developed for the Spirit of Tradition races in the Med, Caribbean and North America
Her design and newly created lines have been inspired by many yachts favoring the Scandinavian skerry cruisers, all metre class designs, hull shape of America’s Cup Yachts around 2003, Herreshof designs, Fife designs and some local Dutch lake sailing yachts. Her lines plan was created by studying all of these yachts. Drawn by hand and later faired with the aid of CAD design software. Normally today designers tend to create their lines direct from their computer.
I insisted to draw them the old fashioned way.
Inside the cockpit there are a few modern systems. You will find the Ipod dock, waterproof electrical switches for the Tack Tick wireless navigation instruments, engine panel, voltage/fuel indicators, shore power and the engine drives. Underneath the cockpit lies the smallest and sleekest 13hp Lombardini sail-drive you can find on the market today.
The forward port-side cockpit locker is arranged as a 100 liters fridge. On the starboard side a bunk is reserved for keeping personal stuff dry and safe. Other bunks are cleared for fenders and lines storage and much more. If these ones are full there is still more storage spaces in the lazarette. Due to her low freeboard and fine underbody she has just the space inside to store all sails and lines accessed by the flush deck hatch in front of the mast. After a night in town one can fall easily asleep inside the bow on the sailing bags. Picking up her shiny stainless steel tiller you can sail away with style and navigate without much to think about with just a great tune, sea,wind and friends.
Once in the harbor you can leave her stern to with the covers over her sails.
You can also decide to dismantle her just in an afternoon at the nearby shipyard.
Her keel, rudder, mast, boom and bow sprit all come off with ease.
When ready all materials including the hull will be rolled on her own trailer into a 45ft pellet wide sea container. Ideal for winter storage!
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 13.13 m
Beam: 2.25 m
LWL: 9.30 m
Length on Deck: 12.81 m
Minimum Draft: 0.49 m
Maximum Draft: 2.56 m
Bridge Clearance: 15.0 m
Dry Weight: 4045 kgs
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Option 1: 1x Lombardini 10 KW
Fuel Tanks: 1 Plastic (40 Liters)
Number of cabins: 1
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
- Foam-cored epoxy hull finished with cloud-white AWLGRIP paint system
- Foam-cored epoxy superstructure finished with cloud-white AWLGRIP paint system
- Integrated coaming in hull
- Grey Hard Antifouling Nautix A4T
- Flush/Nautix two component Non skid system
- Flush custom made hatch on foredeck
- Flush custom made lazarette hatch
- 4 Stainless steel fairleads with custom made Stainless deck cleats.
- Andersen Deck winch
- Custom Made Stainless steel boom support
- Jeffa rudder and bearings
- custom made fin(280kg) out of DUPLEX steel with lead bulb (1810kg)
- Self Draining
- Flexiteek flooring
- Benches finished in Flexiteek
- Refrigerator 100 liter, Webasto cooling element
- Custom made stainless steel tiller
- 5* Andersen stainless steel winches
- 5 big cockpit lockers
- Cockpit Lights
- Ipod dock
- Keel access
- Engine access
- Tack Tick navigational instruments
- Manual bilge pump
- Firepro extinguisher
- Cabin access
- Engine Console
- 12v Electrical System with panel
- Navigational receivers
- 2* Electric Whale bilge pumps
- Shore-power and battery charger
- 1 start battery, 3 house batteries
- 4* 220 V European sockets
- GPS and Charger
- VHF and Charger
- DMK WIFI NMEA system
- Cabin light
- Custom Made Hardware
- Rod-15 and Rod-17 shrouds
- Dyneema 12mm backstay
- Dynaone halyards( except spi),sheets and lines
- 2 solid Aluminum spreaders
- Carbon Mast,boom, gaff and bowsprit designed by DanelDesign and built by Vels Jachtbouw
- Mainsail 65m2
- jib 50m2
- Jib 37m2
- Jib 28m2
- Mainsail cover
- Turtle bags
- Sails by Den Boer Sails
- Ording Wooden Blocks
- Andersen winches on mast and boom and mainsheet
- Custom made stainless steel outhaul
- Custom Made Hardware
- Cockpit cover/ Bimini
- Different color spray painted hull
- Swimming ladder
- Deck lights
- total boat cover
- furling systems for cruising
- 45ft Container
- boat name on the stern ( sticker)
- 6 fenders with fender-socks
- 4 mooring lines, anchor with line
- emergency flare set
- offshore Emergency Aid kit
- full diesel tank.