- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- langkawi, Malaysia
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 180,000
This yacht was born out of the owner's plan to cruise fast around the world single/short handed. Chris is a career shipwright and he designed and built his yacht with exceptional safety features plus an exceedingly comfortable interior. With the intelligent layout and highest quality fitout the yacht also lends itself well to family cruising.
The hull and deck is a composite of vinylester resin, H80 Divinycell core, glass cloth in triaxial, biaxial and monofilament with carbon fibre monofilament and the biaxial cloth reinforcement in high load areas. Compression blocks are made of solid glass and fairing compounds are epoxy. Water tight bulkheads fore and aft and the hull forward of the keel and the bow have significant sacrificial foam for real peace of mind. Chris had safety, strength and speed as his priorities in that order.
Having only sailed about 5,000nm a serious knee injury forces this sale. The yacht now sits here complete with a huge and very expensive inventory, she is truly equipped to circumnavigate and being offered for sale at a fraction of build and equip cost.
Please read on to discover more...
Please contact Paul Jackson at +604 9665154 or +60 174196933
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Chris King Marine Design WA
Designer: Chris King Marine Design WA
Flag of Registry: Australia
LOA: 10.08 m
Beam: 3.45 m
Minimum Draft: 2.20 m
Maximum Draft: 2.30 m
Ballast: 1860 kgs
Headroom: 1.85 m
Dry Weight: 5000 kgs
Total Power: 20 HP
Engine Brand: Mitsubishi
Engine Model: K3
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 200
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 20 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Plastic (120 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (140 Liters)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
Number of bathrooms: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
A stunning fitout, deckheads lined with suede, leather wrapped mast and leather panels throughout. Timber is 'American cherry' and the very attractive 'Flame Myrtle'. Lighting is blue LED and white LED throughout.
Full forward the neat double, it has an overhead hatch, double doors at the forward bulkhead reveal shelved and open stowage.
The saloon has a very solid drop leaf table and high quality upholstered seating is cleverly sized. A 60cm 12 volt flatscreen TV with inbuilt DVD player and Pioneer audio system for entertainment.
The yacht has two aft cabins, the port side having a good double and ingenious 'soft lockers' system which also add to insulation.
The starboard cabin has a smaller berth and reached through the bathroom. This cabin gives access to the fuel tank, steering gear, oversized autopilot, multiplexer and various other yacht systems.
- Gimballed two burner methylated spirit stove. Polished stainless steel heat deflector plate
- Single grp molded sink, pressurised water
- Top loading 12v fridge
The yacht has two electric water pumps.
One manual JABSCO. Additional Portable toilet in lieu of holding tank.
Batteries & Electrics
The yacht is self sufficient on her DC system alone. 12VDC with a house bank of two 360Ah batteries and two 100Ah starting batteries.
DC charging from two solar panels c/w MPPT solar charge controller and main engine alternator.
Automatic bilge pump.
Electronics & Navigation
- B&G autopilot (linear drive)
- B&G ZEUS 12'' touchscreen chartplotter
- B&G 4G radar
- NEXUS sailing instruments
- ICOM 802 HF radio
- ICOM AT-140 tuner
- ICOM VHF radio
- ICOM h/h VHF radio
- Emergency VHF antenna
- ACR ResQmate EPIRB
- TV antenna
- INMARSAT IsatPhone Pro
- Laptop computer c/w C-map world charts
- IRIDIUM GO satellite WiFi hotspot c/w full comms facilities and PredictWind Offshore App. Getting GRIB files, Weather Routing, GMDSS text forecasts and satellite imagery
- SIMRAD multiplexer
Many plotting tools, binoculars, charts, pilot guides etc etc.
- PENTEX / MYLAR mainsail c/w lazy jacks and stack pack
- DACRON #1 genoa on SELDEN continuous furler
- POLYESTER / MYLAR Ssreecher on SELDEN continuous furler
The genoa and screecher are raised and lowered in a furled state, to exchange sails is very fast by use of SELDEN quick release pins at top swivel and tack ends. Sails are stowed on deck in a secured custom quiver. These two sails are moved outward and tack down at bowsprit.
- DACRON #2 genoa (slab reefed)
- PENTEX / MYLAR #3 genoa (slab reefed)
- DACRON #4 (slab reefed)
- Masthead spinnaker
- ORANGE POLYESTER storm trysail
- ORANGE POLYESTER storm jib
Mast & Rigging
Cutter rigged keel stepped TASKER alloy masthead rig. LED tricolour, steaming light and deck flood. 6mm 1x19 s/s standing rigging installed/supplied by Chris Gaudet Marine. Running rigging is all SPECTRA or DYNEEMA.
- 6 ANDERSEN st winches
- Above average quality blocks and deck organisers
- 4 banks of jammers
- Carbon bow sprit (detatchable)
- Spinnaker pole
- Excellent quality stainless pushpit and pulpit
- Stainless targa
- SOVEREIGN gas BBQ
- GRP gas bottle mounted on pushpit
The coachroof, side decks and cockpit have been coated with aggresive TREDGRIP non slip (2017)
- GREAT CIRCLE 6 person life raft
- Fully loaded grab bag
- 6 CREWSAVER Ergofit life jackets with inbuilt harnesses
- 6 three point harness lanyards
- Cat 1 flarepack
- Cat 1 medical chest
- Emergency rudder and tiller system
- Drogue (200m of 14mm nylon warp)
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Manual bilge pump below
- Fitted engine room fire extinguisher (remote op)
- 1 x 1kg ABE fire extinguisher
- 2 x BE fire extinguishers
- LOFRANS electric windlass
- 30kg BRUCE
- 16kg DELTA
- 35m of 10mm chain
- 70m nylon rode
Dinghy & Outboard
2.4m ARISTOGLASS RIB. SEANOVO 5hp 4stroke outboard
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.