- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Enroute to Charleston SC, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 895,000
If you really like the 42RST but want something bigger? This is the yacht for you!
You can own this Spectacular 2014 Southerly 47 right now!
Nominated for European Yacht of the Year 2013, the Southerly 47 keeps the luxurious qualities and interior styling of the Southerly marque. This blue water cruiser is designed to a high specification, with easy handling, and can be sailed by just two people.
The Southerly 47 features the well proven swing keel which has for 36 years provided the freedom and versatility to sail in almost any waters. With the keel lowered, the 47 has a deep draft of 10'3'' which makes for fast, serious blue water cruising. At the touch of a button, the keel can be raised to give an extreme shoal draft of only 3'3'' - perfect for sailing or anchoring in shallow water.
“Bianca Rosa” is hull #8 and is in excellent condition. Just a few of her features and many upgrades are as follows:
- Main, self-tacker, gennaker and 120% radial genoa
- Lewmar electric winches for halyard and genoa
- Bow thruster
- Stern thruster
- Paguro 3000 generator (200 hours)
- Hydraulic retracting swim platform w/access to large transom storage space
- Reverse cycle heat/air
- Separate Hot air heating system
- Raymarine E7 Hybrid touch chartplotter at nav
- Dodger and bimini with cockpit tent
- Interior joinery is teak
- See more details in the full listing
This is a preliminary listing.
S&J Yachts have been the U.S. Dealers for Southerly Yachts for 8 years. We know these yachts well. For more information on Southerly Yachts and on our company visit our website www.SJYACHTS.com .
I am available on my cell phone 410 971-1071 to answer any questions you may have or if you wish to schedule an appointment. Jack Malatich
Please contact Sharon and Jack Malatich at (410) 971-1071
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Stephen Jones
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 47 ft 1 in
Beam: 14 ft 8 in
LWL: 42 ft 10 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 3 in
Displacement: 38043 lbs
Ballast: 13489 lbs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH5-TE
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 270
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (132 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (156 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (16 Gallons)
The Southerly 47 is a true blue water cruiser combining superb performance with style, comfort and luxury. The interior space has been designed for maximum comfort and practicality with contemporary styling creating a luxurious feel throughout the yacht.
"Bianca Rosa" has a large raised salon with panoramic views, a raised nav, a luxurious galley, 3 cabins and 2 heads. With 13 hatches in addition to the opening ports and the deck salon windows there is an abundance of light and ventilation. The joinery is a beautiful teak and the floors are a teak and holly laminate for better durability.
Upon entering this yacht, you will be immediately taken by the panoramic views provided by the large deck salon windows. When privacy or shade is desired, there are concertina blinds. On the port side is raised salon seating for six to eight people with a lovely burled walnut table with leaves that extend for dining. Opposite on the starboard side are 2 seats with a small table with storage in between. In the salon alone there are 5 opening hatches with a 6th one in the galley just aft of the salon. (See more details on the galley below.)
MASTER AFT CABIN:
The spacious master aft cabin has a centreline berth customized to be 6" longer. The mattress is split to accomodate a lee cloth with additional lee cloths on both sides of the berth. There is seating on either side of the berth. Good ventilation and light is provided by 4 opening ports, a hatch and the vertical tri-view windows on both sides. Over the berth is an innovative open raised area where 2 of the opening ports are located providing a feeling of even more openness. There is a door to ensuite facilities with a separate shower. Storage is found in outboard lockers, a large hanging locker and a large shelved locker.
ENSUITE MASTER HEAD:
From the master stateroom is a door into this private head with separate shower. The shower is separated from the head with a Perspex door. In the shower are 2 wet lockers. The head has been upgraded to a Jabsco electric head which is plumbed into the holding tank. An opening port provides ventilation.
FORWARD GUEST CABIN:
The forward guest cabin is spacious with a custom centreline berth and good headroom. There mattress is split to accommodate a lee cloth with an additional lee cloth on each side. 3 opening hatches and 2 portlights provide plenty of natural light and ventilation. Outboard on the starboard side is a locker with shelves and on the port side is a hanging locker. Additional storage is found in outboard lockers, shelves and drawers below the berth. There is a separate entrance to ensuite facilities.
THIRD MIDSHIPS CABIN:
The third mid-ships cabin is to port forward of the salon. There are twin berths; each berth is fitted with a lee cloth. Ventilation is provided with the overhead hatch and a fixed port provides additional natural light. Ample storage is found in the hanging locker, shelvesand cupboard.
DAY / GUEST HEAD:
Opposite the third cabin on the starboard side is the day/guest head. There is a separate shower with a Perspex door. An opening hatch provides ventilation.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES / UPGRADES AS FOLLOWS:
- Interior joinery is finished in Teak
- Teak & holly laminate sole
- Mermaid reverse cycle heat/air – 2 zone (12,000 BTU in salon, 6,000 BTU in master cabin)
- Eberspacher hot air heating system
- Concertina blinds throughout
- Holding tank system for aft head
- Jabsco electric toilet in master head aft
- Watermaker - D60 Dessalator
- Eumenia Single Nova washing machine
- Lee cloths in master stateroom, guest fwd cabin and third cabin
- LPG gas & carbon monoxide detection
The large U-shaped galley is well planned and positioned close to the companionway. There is plenty of counter space and a lot of storage in this galley. Over the galley is an opening hatch, combined with all the hatches in the salon provide plenty of ventilation.
- Front loading stainless steel refrigerator (both keel and fan cooled)
- Top loading freezer
- Stove, 3 burner with oven and grill
- Twin stainless steel sinks
- Corian type worktop
- Stainless steel grab rail
NAV & ELECTRONICS
The nav area is in a raised position which allows for excellent visibility. It is conveniently located at the base of the companionway on the starboard side. There is a nice sized chart table with good storage inside. Additional storage is found in outboard lockers.
- Raymarine E7 Hybrid Touch multi-function diplay at chart table, with Platinum Navionics card
- Raymarine i70 (2) speed/depth and i60 wind instruments above companionway
- Raymarine 130 Satelite GPS antenna
- Raymarine Autopilot P70 display, SPX30 Smart pilot with Rate Gyro at port helm
- Raymarine 18'' scanner mast mounted
- Furuno Navtex display at chart table
- ICOM DSC VHF radio
- AIS MOB alarm unit at chart table
- Radar reflector fitted on mast
- Twin binnacle helm compasses
ENGINE & ELECTRICAL
- Yanmar 75 hp 4 cylinder, fresh water cooled, diesel engine.
- Engine instrument panel at aft end of cockpit table
- Racor Duplex fuel filter system
- Reduction/reverse gear
- 120 amp alternator
- Max prop (3 feathering blades)
- Substantial skeg fitted to protect the prop
- Disc rope cutter
- Paguro 3000 Generator (200 hrs)
- Studer Xtender unit combining inverter, battery charger and transfer system
- 3 AGM slimline 185Ah house batteries (555Ah)
- 1 AGM engine battery (115Ah)
- Mastervolt battery charger IVO 12/50 amp smart 3 step
- 240v ring main
- Tinned wiring
- 12v Dinghy inflator, mounted in lazarette locker
- Emergency stop button fitted at helm to isolate heavy power equipment
- Lightening master fitted at masthead
SAILS & RIGGING
With a high ballast ratio, broad waterline beam and good form stability, the Southerly 47 carries an impressive sail plan, striking a perfect balance between fast cruising performance and comfort. As with all Southerlys, the semi balanced twin rudders give instantly responsive steering and precise directional stability.
- Selden twin spreader mast with fractional rig
- Double swept back spreaders
- Stac Pac system with lazy jacks
- Main has 3 reefs with lines led back to cockpit
- Self tacking jib
- Stainless steel removable bowsprit used with Gennaker
- Lewmar 46AEST power halyard winch
- Lewmar 54AEST power genoa sheet winches
- 3 Climbing steps on mast
- Spare halyard
- North Dacron fully battened main w/roller bearing cars
- North self-tacking jib
- Genoa 120% Radial by Crusader Sails
- Gennaker on a continuous line furler by Crusader Sails
KEEL DECK AND EQUIPMENT
Sleek exterior styling, a large foredeck locker, a very spacious stern locker for dinghy or other storage, a hydraulic swim platform and teak double stern rail seats enhance comfort aboard.
The Southerly 47 features the well proven Swing Keel which gives the freedom and versatility to sail in almost any waters. With the keel lowered, the variable draft of 10' 3" makes for fast, serious blue water cruising. At the 'touch of a button' the keel can be raised to give a shallow draft of just 3' 3" - perfect for exploring and anchoring in those shallow waters that most all other sailboats cannot.
The cockpit is secure and enclosed, with deep comfortable seating. For entertaining, a central fold down table provides dining facilities while also providing a foot brace.
- Teak deck
- Push button keel control & gauge showing keel position at helm
- Bow thruster 97kg with control at steering pedestal
- Stern thruster 82kg with control at steering pedestal with dedicated battery
- Teak rubbing strake with SS strip
- White flow coat finish inside of hull, up to waterline
- Collision bulkhead to sail locker / forward cabin
- Kevlar reinforcement to bow section from mast bulkhead
- Copper coating antifoul
- Lewmar V3 vertical anchor windlass with deck switches & control at helm
- 20kg Delta anchor
- Dodger with hide covered grab bar and side grab bars
- Bimini / Cockpit tent (with side, front and back panels)
- Teak cockpit table with grabrail and folding leaves
- Twin wheels covered with hide
- Covers for wheels and cockpit table
- Double teak seats to port and starboard pushpit
- Outboard storage bracket fitted on pushpit
- Shower with hot & cold water in stern lazarette/bathing platform
- Deck wash pump & hose
- Large cockpit locker with access port and starboard
- Perspex drop down hatch
- Hydraulic retracting bathing platform with access to stern stowage
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Annapolis, MD, United States
Charleston, SC, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Cruising to Pacific, Panama
SP Cruiser MK2
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Ron Holland design
Annapolis, MD, United States