- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
Designed by naval architects Joubert and Nivelt, and produced in accordance with the shipyard’s construction traditions, the Tofinou 8 is a modern sailboat with a classic and timeless line.
Performing well under a light wind or a breeze, the Tofinou 8, with its responsive helm, offers sensations similar to those of a sport dinghy, easy to manoeuvre alone or with a small crew.
The hull of the Tofinou 8, marked by its straight bow and very flat stern lines, is very stable and excellent at any points of sail.
In its “pivoting keel” version, its draught varies from 1.9 meters to less than 90 cm, which allows navigation close to the beach or in a shallow cove, entrance to the port at low tide, and even to run aground.
In its “fixed keel” version, the draught of the Tofinou 8 is of 1.7 meters.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Joubert and Nivelt
LOA: 8.0 m
Beam: 2.53 m
Maximum Draft: 1.90 m
Dry Weight: 1850 kgs
Engine Option 1: 1x 10 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (50 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (25 Liters)
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
- Standard colors: dark blue (Others colors available on options).
- Hull in hand laid grp with sophisticated structure of frames and stringers for reinforcement.
- Self draining cockpit.
- Deck in sandwich grp construction, joined to the hull by lamination and through fastenings.
- Deck corened with vaccumed glud with 8 mm teak.
- Cockpit coamings and cabin sides in mahogany, removable for maintenance and varnishing, and covering all the halyards and sheets.
- Teak foot bar on foredeck.
- Large aft deck locker with flush lid.
- Toerails and tiller in varnished mahogany.
- Cockpit seats and sole in teak.
- Harken deck equipment and blocks.
- 2 self tailing winches.
- 4 triple rope clutches.
- Mainsheet with traveller on rail.
- 4 flush/lifting mooring cleats
- One double berths and two settee berths.
- 1 chemical toilet.
- 4 canvas storage pockets lining hull sides.
- Fresh 50 litre water tank for standard cockpit shower.
- 10 hp inboard engine.
- Electrical panel.
- Sound insulated engine compartment.
- 1 battery 110 amp.
- Manual and electric bilge pumps
- Folding prop. 25 liters fuel tank.
- Painted aluminium mast. Halyards part Dyneema.
- Lazy jack.
- Backstay Dyneema, adjustable under deck.
- Boom with provision for internal reef lines and foot outhaul.
- Reef lines led back to helmsman.
- Cunningham tackle.
- Swing cast iron keel.
- Hydraulic system for raising and lowering the keel, with manual command, electrical command optional.
- Fixed keel available.