2014 J Boats J88 J-88 J/88
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- East Jordan, MI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 154,900
"Not Named" is a late Model J-88 (Hull #37) that is a one-owner boat, always freshwater kept sailboat with 20 hours on the engine. Available exclusively through Karma Yacht Sales, Her discriminate owner has kept her professionally maintained and babied her throughout her 2.5 seasons. She comes equipped with North 3di Mainsail and RF genoa, comfort pack, Garmin GPS, Raymarine Tacktik displays on mast mount. Stored Indoors during the Winter, NN makes a great boat for the discerning buyer.
Named "Best Boat Under 30 Ft" in SAILING WORLD's Boat of the Year competition,The J-88 is a family daysailor with her plumb, or nearly plumb stem and stern; minimal sheer; a truncated but purposeful-looking cabin trunk; a large open-transom cockpit; and, of course, a trademark J/Boats retractable sprit—the boat still has its own, distinct personality. Regardless of whether you are going out for a leisurely family sail , club racing or looking to compete- the J-88 is a simple platform that allows you the flexibility to do all that and more.
Your Midwest Marine Dealer Specializing in New/Used Power and Sail Yachts-
Karma Yacht Sales
3434 E. 95th St.
Chicago, IL 60617
Your Midwest Dealer representing the Great Lakes finest Power and Sailing vessels.
Call us: 773-254-0200
Please contact Lou Sandoval at (773) 254-0200
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Warranty: 10 years
LOA: 29 ft 2 in
Beam: 9 ft 6 in
LWL: 26 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 4990 lbs Dry Load
Total Power: 14 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2014
Engine Model: 2YM15
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 20
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 14 HP
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Seating Capacity: 6
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Manual bilge pump
Molded main salon liner with full length settee berths, molded backrests, storage access below, and molded areas for sink (forward to port) and hinged utility counter (forward to starboard).
• Sunbrella Grey Settee cushions with white piping in main salon and V-Berth
• Teak and holly synthetic high-wear cabin sole in main cabin.
• Igloo Cooler.
• Fabricated companionway ladder with teak treads.
• Molded V-berth and hull support liner. (Option for V-berth platform & cushions)
• Raritan PH-II marine head with holding tank and deck pump out fitting.
• Bin storage opposite head. (phifertec retainer)
• Molded cockpit support liner surrounding engine and mechanicals with foam insulated engine area.
• Low maintenance painted gelcoat finish on all interior hull & deck surfaces.
• Black anodized aluminum compression post to transfer mast loads to internal hull structure.
Low maintenance stainless grab rails on cabin house (P&S).
• Companionway opening with PVC slider tracks, large gutter drains, molded seahood and sliding cover.
• Acrylic offshore removable drop board with inside/outside lockable hasp.
• SS custom fabricated chain plates for shrouds and backstay terminations.
• Interior flush ventilation hatch mounted on cabin house forward of mast.
• Two fixed cabin side portlights.
• Two aluminum 2-speed 40:1 self-tailing primary winches in cockpit.
• Two aluminum 2-speed 30:1 self-tailing secondary winches on cabin top.
• Two 10" Lewmar OneTouch lock-in winch handles.
• Cockpit operated Harken adjustable jib car and 4:1 in-hauler systems to P&S.
• 6:1 Mainsheet system leading to ratchet block and cam mounted on centerline swivel cam base aft of traveler.
• 18:1 mainsheet fine-tune adjuster mounted to swivel base cam forward of traveler.
• Adjustable mainsheet traveler with 4:1 control line and cam cleats P & S.
• Double ended backstay adjuster purchase system leading forward to P & S cam cleats.
• Internal bowsprit launching system to exit aft face of the cabin house to cam cleat.
• Harken underdeck headsail furling system with black foils and control line leading aft on port side to cabin to cam cleat.
• Spinnaker tack line side mounted rope clutch mounted to starboard on cabin side.
• Spinnaker sheet blocks outboard of primary winches on stanchion bases and aft at stern rail.
• Halyard lead blocks mounted at mast base, halyard organizers and double Antal Vcam rope clutches one per side.
• SS stanchions, two SS stern rails at transom corners and custom SS bow rail with 9.5" lower lifeline height.
• SS double lifelines.
• Foredeck and transom mooring cleats.
Standard Horizon VHF Radio with handheld (Matrix GX 2000)
Raymarine T110/T111 Microfunction wireless displays. Wind/Depth/Speed with 2 mast displays , transducers and wireless remote controller. (solar fed with 300 hour charge).
Garmin GPS MAP (Cockpit Companionway mount)
J/88 hull & deck infusion molded with biaxial and unidirectional E-glass fabrics and balsa core in the hull for rugged durability and Corecell foam core in the deck for light weight. High density core material and additional glass reinforcements are placed in way of highly loaded hardware and components. All laminates are engineered and built to required ISO structural standards.
• Molded internal bulkheads and liners finished with gelcoat, bonded and/or tabbed to the hull and/or deck.
• White gelcoat hull with single boot stripe.
• 10 year transferable warranty against osmotic hull blistering, 5 year structural warranty.
• Infused GRP molded structural grid with longitudinal and transverse keel support beams. One large cockpit seat storage locker.
• Open transom for easy access with lightweight ORC transom safety ladder.
• High strength, inward turning and overlapping hull to deck joint bonded with structural adhesive.
• White gelcoat deck with molded non-skid on horizontal deck surfaces.
• Molded ISO/ORC height foredeck toe-rails on deck.
• Large self-draining cockpit with molded secure helmsman footbraces in cockpit.
• 6.5’ draft low VCG keel with lead ballast featuring molded GRP finish.
Spar & Rigging
Hall Spars carbon fiber mast with double swept spreaders, long masthead crane and mainsail luff track. Deck step design and SS tabernacle system. Mast finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
• Boom with internal 8:1 outhaul, mainsheet attachment points, outhaul and single reef sheaves as well as provision for reef cleat and block at inboard end. Finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
• Carbon bow sprit with tack ferrule fitting, painted black finish. Bow sprit seal system mounted between sprit bearings.
• Rod headstay, 1 x 19 compacted strand wire side rigging with adjustable open-body turnbuckles, and Dyneema backstay.
• Complete Hall Spars running rigging package. Hall Quickvang
Cruising Sail Inventory with less than 10 uses on them!
2014 North 3Di Main sail -with battens
2014 North 3di Genoa on Roller Furler with Sunbrella cover
One AGM Group 27 battery (option for 2nd battery).
• 12V DC On/Off battery switch.
• 12V DC electrical distribution panel w/ 6 circuit breakers.
• LED Navigation & steaming lights.
• UL approved stranded, tinned copper ABYC color-coded wiring.
• Bonding system to meet ABYC regulations.
• Two swiveling reading lights in main cabin.
• Two red/white dome lights.
• Two DC charging plugs.
• Automatic electric bilge pump and panel switch for manual operation.
14hp, two cylinder Yanmar 2YM15 diesel engine with 80amp alternator and Saildrive SD-20 leg.
• Keyless start/stop engine panel and tachometer with alarms and engine hour counter.
• Flexofold geared 2-bladed bronze folding prop.
• Engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
• Waterlock muffler with exhaust run aft to transom.
• 12 gal fuel tank.
• High aspect transom mounted rudder with custom SS gudgeon hardware.
• Custom molded composite tiller in white gelcoat finish.
• Spinlock EA 1200 adjustable tiller extension with handle.
• Cockpit operated manual bilge pump operable from the helm position plumbed to transom fitting
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.