- View Full Specifications
Hardy demonstrator offer
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 385,000 (US$ 562,370)
The Hardy 40DS created quite a stir upon launch and looks likely to be a long standing model in the new Windboats Hardy range. Combining stunning lines with versatile accommodation, luxurious build quality, economic cruising and practical features the 40DS is one of the most desirable boats in its class. Windboats are now offering their lightly used ex demonstrator at a great price which includes over £35,000 worth of extras including an upgraded electrical installation with 3.5kw inverter, 5.7kw generator, hidden saloon TV, upgraded lighting and luxury galley. Also equipped with a full Raymarine electronics package, heating and many other features it is an excellent opportunity to get a fully equipped boat ready for the coming season.
This ex demonstrator is ready for immediate delivery and available exclusive of VAT if desired/applicable. For more information on this or a new Hardy please contact our Essex office on (01621) 785600.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Windboats Hardy Motor Boats Ltd
Designer: Andrew Wolstenholme / Chris Lock
Hull Shape: Semi-Displacement
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 9 in
Displacement: 13000 kgs
Bridge Clearance: 10 ft 9 in
Total Power: 440 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 6LY3STP
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 41
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 440 HP
Cruising Speed: 14 knots
Maximum Speed: 18 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (472 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (1174 Liters)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
The Hardy 40DS can be tailored to suit your own tastes and requirements with a wide variety of different finishes, fittings and designs available providing a truly bespoke solution and premium quality product. The company demonstrator has a high level of custom features demonstrating the quality and style available from Windboats, fitted are the following options:
- Maple wood cabinetry with walnut galley and flooring
- Avonite Night Pearl galley work surfaces and heads
- Concealed fridge, induction hob and separate oven
- Custom saloon table with integrated storage
- Additional galley stowage locker
- Cedar lined owners cabin wardrobe
- Drop down aft facing cockpit seat
- Oceanair venetian blinds and sky screens
- Additional luxury spec cushions and upholstery
- Hidden TV with DVD and entertainment system
- Upgraded dimmable LED lighting and additional colour changing mood lighting
- Eberspacher diesel fired heating
The accommodation offers four berths in two sleeping cabins with good headroom throughout.
FORWARD CABIN: Central island double berth with Alcantara upholstered headboard and side panels. Excellent stowage is provided by top opening lockers to port and starboard, a large hanging locker with automatic light (to port) and beneath berth stowage. Excellent ventilation and natural light fill the cabin via the large opening hatch to foredeck and portlights, with LED reading and overheads lights for the evening.
HEADS COMPARTMENT: Located to starboard and equipped with a separate shower area, wash basin, marine toilet with electric flush, mirror, vanity unit, towel rail, toothbrush holder, lighting, ample storage and portlight. Should a washing machine be required a specially designed locker has been created which is accessed via the shower cubicle.
SIDE CABIN: The side cabin is laid out in an L-shape to provide a comfortable reading area, dressing room or 'snug' whilst also offering two well proportioned single berths for guests. A hanging locker and beneath berth storage lockers offer excellent additional storage either for long term cruising or visiting guests. Fitted with LED reading and overhead lighting and a portlight.
WHEELHOUSE SALOON: Large raised helm position to port with twin KAB suspension seats offering fantastic comfort and very good visibility with full instrumentation. The large U-shaped settee aft to port provides comfortable seating for six adults around an adjustable folding inlaid wood dining table, with an additional drop down aft facing bench seat for alfresco dining. Chart table with red light for night navigation. Various lockers and cupboards provide plenty of easily accessed storage and there is a hidden LCD TV, DVD player, stereo and digital TV integrated in to the high quality cabinetry. Excellent light and ventilation are provided by two large skylights forward, large side windows with fitted blinds and sliding bi-fold doors to the cockpit.
GALLEY: Large linear galley to starboard in the wheelhouse saloon with high quality work surfaces and equipped with a Neff induction electric hob, oven and grill, fridge, sink and good stowage space.
GENERAL EQUIPMENT: Hot and cold pressurised water is supplied throughout via a calorifier with immersion coil whilst a 227 litre holding tank with monitoring system, deck and overboard discharge facilities is also standard equipment.
EXTERIOR SPACE: The large teak laid aft cockpit has aft bench seats to port and starboard with storage lockers either side of the central transom door, a concealed aft facing bench seat from the saloon and excellent access to the wide, safe side decks. A large lazarette offers extra storage space and the teak laid bathing platform has a hot and cold transom shower and a concealed bathing ladder.
Either single or twin shaft driven inboard engines are available to suit individual use however the most popular choice is expected to be a single Yanmar 6LY3STP 440hp diesel engine as fitted to this demonstration model. This arrangement offers great cruising economy, access is excellent and all systems are easily accessible in the sound insulated and vented engine room making maintenance and servicing straightforward. Twin stainless steel fuel tanks totalling 1174 litres provide excellent range (approximately 450 nautical miles cruising at 10.4 knots) and separate Racor fuel filter and water separators are fitted as standard. Various other options are available including a stern thruster if required, this boat is fitted with the following specification:
- Yanmar 6LY3STP 440hp diesel engine
- KMH61A gearbox with 2:1 ratio driving a 4-bladed propeller
- Single lever electronic throttle control system
- Sleipner electric bowthruster
- Eltrim remote control trim tabs
- Engine room LED and fluorescent lighting
4 x Upgraded 110ah AGM domestic batteries arranged in a 24v bank for increased efficiency. Dedicated engine battery. Upgraded electrical system incorporating a full Whisper Power electrical installation with the following features:
- Empirbus control system integrated to the main Raymarine display
- WhisperPower M-SQ 6 5.7kw generator with soft start facility and dedicated battery
- WhisperPower PowerCentre combined 3.5kw 90a inverter, battery charger and intelligent battery management system
- WhisperPower PSCP complete electrical system control panel
- Shorepower system with ring mains and immersion coil for water heating
- Full LED cabin lighting throughout controlled via Empirbus controller with dimmable facility
- Galvanic isolator
Deck equipment can be chosen to suit but below is a list of items included with this high specification boat:
- Anchor with 60m of chain
- Electric anchor windlass with deck and helm controls
- Stainless steel bow plate and bow roller
- 8 x Heavy duty stainless steel mooring cleats
- Stainless steel pulpit, side and grab rails
- Teak laid bathing platform with stainless steel boarding ladder
- Stainless steel rubbing strake and dorade cowls
- Cockpit canopy system and cockpit cushions
- Teak laid cockpit and decks including forward coachroof
- Electric windscreen demisting
- 3 x Windscreen wipers
- Windscreen covers
- Hot and cold transom shower
- Side and aft deck LED lights
- Remote control courtesy lights
- Fenders and warps
- Ensign and staff
Hardy are prepared to cater for all requirements and preferences for navigation equipment, please enquire for further details. Below is the top of the range Raymarine installation and other items included on this boat:
- Raymarine RAY260 premium black box DSC VHF radio with loud hailer system
- Raymarine i70 multi function display with depth, speed and wind information
- Raymarine GS125 12" hybrid touch multifunction display with chartplotter, radar, AIS radar, depth, wind and speed information
- Raymarine Evolution hydraulic autopilot with P70R control head
- Raymarine A65 5.7" colour display in forward cabin
- Raymarine 4kw HD digital radome scanner
- Raymarine AIS 650 class B transceiver linked to both plotters
- Raymarine Raystar 130 GPS receiver
- Raymarine Seatalk NG backbone
- Raymarine short arm wind vane transducer
- Raymarine ITC-5 transducer feed converter
- Stereo CD/radio system with Bluetooth and MP3 inputs, remote control and speakers
- LCD TV with DVD and TV aerial with amplifier
- Navigation lights
A wide variety of equipment can be provided and help with all aspects of coding is available, please see below for the equipment included with this boat:
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine compartment
- 3 x Handheld fire extinguishers
- Engine safety kill switch and fuel shut off at helm
- Fire blanket
- 6 Man canister liferaft in transom mounted bracket
- Lifebouy with light and floating line
- Echo Max radar reflector fitted on mast
- Handheld foghorn with canister
- 3 x Electric bilge pumps (one in each watertight compartment) with manual and automatic switching
- Additional stripping pump in the engine compartment with automatic sensor
- Manual bilge pump with long hose to reach any compartment
Hardy 40DS built by Windboats Hardy Motorboats Ltd in 2014 to an Andrew Wolstenholme design with interior design by award winning CSL Yacht Design. Light grey GRP hull with grey styling stripe (other colours are available at cost). White GRP superstructure and decks with non-slip surfaces. Hydraulic wheel steering to single rudder. Self draining teak laid aft cockpit with walk through transom. Large bathing platform with concealed bathing ladder. Teak laid side decks with deep gunnels and all round stainless steel safety rails. Teak laid forward coachroof.
Premium quality construction using Lloyds approved isophthalic Scott Bader products for initial layup. Subsequent lay-up orthophthalic resin and stiffened with heavy duty GRP foam filled stringers with a hand bonded plywood grid. Bonded waterproof plywood equipment beds/foundations and resin coated waterproof plywood bulkheads. High density foam cored bonded engine beds with integral plate steel mountings. Deck and hull join bonded with Plexus and bolted with stainless steel bolts and 10mm backing plates.
As one the UK’s largest Brokers with over 330 boats for sale we are able to introduce you to Boat Insurance providers that offer all types of Boat Insurance including insurance for Yachts, Sailing Boats, Motor Cruisers, Narrowboats, Inland Waterway Craft, Barges, Houseboats, Speedboats, Rigid Inflatable Boats, Waterski Boats, Jet Skis, Personal Watercraft, Dinghies, Fishing Boats, Commercial Boats, Boats in Build or Refit.
Just call us to request an insurance quote for this boat or your current boat.
The company normally acts as broker for the vendor who unless otherwise stated is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars the correctness is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check these particulars and where appropriate and at his own expense to employ a qualified marine surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability on our part.
Other Boats from Clarke & Carter Interyacht Ltd.
Limehouse Basin, London, United Kingdom
Burnham on Crouch, Essex, United Kingdom
River Blackwater, Essex, United Kingdom
Sun Odyssey 54 DS
South Coast, United Kingdom
River Crouch, Essex, United Kingdom
River Crouch, Essex, United Kingdom