2014 Hardy 40DS
- View Full Specifications
New For 2014
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
THE NEW HARDY 40DS
Windboats Hardy Motor Boats are proud to announce the world debut of our new Hardy 40DS.
To find out more about this fantastic new boat and all the other models in the Hardy range or to make an appointment, call us on: 01692 408700
Windboats Hardy Motor Boats Ltd. is proud to announce its first new model since their takeover of
the assets of Hardy Marine. The Hardy 40DS represents the thinking by the new owners of where they see the market for their more bespoke vessels in the future.
The most important aspect is to ensure that the legendary sea keeping design of the Hardy range
remains intact. The design of the Hardy 40DS therefore remains in the capable hands of Hardy
designer Andrew Wolstenholme. His brief was to produce a design which would be capable of comfortable cruising at 10 to 12 knots, the hull design makes this speed perfectly comfortable but with the ability to get you home at 18 knots if required. To attain this, a single engine has been used which will be helpful for fuel economy. Different engines are available and twin screw may be incorporated if required.
The exterior styling will appeal to motor boat yachtsmen as well as the sailing yachtsmen reverting to power. A fly bridge will be incorporated as an option. The interior has been created and styled by award winning stylist Chris Lock of CSL Yacht Design with whom Windboats have enjoyed a solid working relationship for many years. Chris has designed a two cabin arrangement, comprising of one twin and one double, and a large heads with separate shower stall.
The saloon incorporates a single level seating and dining area together with galley and an open
plan area for entertaining guests. Foldaway glass doors enable the cockpit with its seating area to
enlarge the entire saloon. Interiors and styling may be modified to suit an owner’s personal choice.
The first model is under construction at the Hardy Yard and will be available for viewing at the
London Boat Show in January 2014 where she will make her premier appearance.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 12.80 m
Beam: 4.30 m
Maximum Draft: 1.20 m
Dry Weight: 12500 kgs
Cruising Speed: 14 knots
Maximum Speed: 19 knots
Engine Option 1: 1x Yanmar 6LY3STP 440 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Plastic (430 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: Stainless steel (1710 Liters)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
- Teak decking standard for side decks and aft cockpit. (optional teak deck on forward coachroof)
- Side decks enclosed by bulwarks and solid handrails round the whole boat.
- Windlass on fore deck with local controls, plus controls at the helm position
- Anchor and 60m of anchor chain
- Moulded seat lockers with seat cushions and backrests along the transom which are also deck lockers.
- Optional curtains to enclose cockpit area.
- Good all round visibility for helm
- Opening hatch in deck above helm seat.
- Adjustable steering position
- Engine and thruster controls
- Basic navigation equipment with extensive upgrade options
- KAB seats as standard
- Comfortable seating for 6 or more around u-shaped settee. Forward seatback creates large storage drawer
- Dining table with folding leaves
- Large saloon windows to give ample natural light. Aft side windows opening to aid ventilation.
- Dedicated drinks and glasses locker
- Locker units with an optional built-in TV on a retractable bracket
- Daily access hatch to the engine room
- Complete sole may be removed for more extensive maintenance access around engine and gearbox and to the stern gland
- Large opening stern “patio” style door with foldaway panels to give access to the aft cockpit
- Large sized double bed with material headboard.
- Extensive lockers and drawer units.
- Dressing table with mirrors and suitable lighting.
- Optional TV built into aft bulkhead.
- Overhead deck hatch.
- En-suite door into heads unit.
- Carpet and curtains throughout and where necessary.
- 2 full length twin berths
- Hanging locker and storage lockers below berths. .
- Carpet and curtains throughout and where necessary.
- Main access from companionway with en-suite access from forward cabin
- Electric toilet with manually pumped holding tank (electric upgrade available)
- Washbasin and toilet set into moulded GRP unit for easy washdown
- Separate shower stall with Perspex shower door
- Washing machine locker in shower stall for future fit of unit if required
- Mirror with appropriate lighting
- Towel rail, tooth brush holder fitted as standard
- Electric fan.
- Electric 4 burner ceramic hob (induction hob upgrade available)
- Electric fan oven/microwave oven combined
- Large sink and mixer tap
- Various lockers and drawers
- Fridge as standard with optional freezer
- General lighting with dedicated lighting above work surfaces
- Waste bin
- entered by a watertight door from utility area containing the main engines, generator, hydraulic systems, main fuel tanks etc
- this space is fully ventilated and although not quite full standing height allows easy access to all the main machinery units
- Dedicated 24v start battery for engine
- 24v domestic battery bank
- 240AC shore supply system with 3kw inverter and 80 amp battery charger
- 24v electrical system controlled by a data cable system for ease of monitoring and offering premium levels of control
- AC or DC generator can be fitted as an option.
- Raymarine Ray55E VHF radio
- Raymarine c97 chartplotter with depth and speed transducer. Display will be used to control the electrical monitoring and control system
- Magnetic Compass
- Accessed via opening gate in transom.
- Teak decking laid onto platform.
- Extending MOB/ bathing ladder.
- Optional liferaft holder above bathing platform