2014 Catana 50
- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
The Catana 50 is a glorious example of the unique ability of the Catana shipyard to create high performance catamarans that are also equally safe and comfortable. Its owners are well equipped to face the waves and currents of the oceans all around the world, at high speed and in complete safety.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Christophe Barreau
Warranty: 5 years
Hull Shape: Catamaran
LOA: 57 ft 1 in
Beam: 26 ft 5 in
LWL: 53 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 10 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 14 ft 8 in
Displacement: 29983 kgs
Dry Weight: 13700 kgs
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Option 1: 2x 55 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (211 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (227 Gallons)
- The architecture of the Catana 50 makes for an elegant silhouette and gives pride of place to passenger comfort.
- Perfect for a family or a group of friends, the Catana 50 has a fully equipped U-shaped galley that can accommodate groups of up to ten diners with ease.
- Its three spacious cabins are a haven of comfort for six passengers.
- The excellent design of the bimini top, with an open view to the front of the boat, enables the installation of solar panels as well as providing great sunbathing opportunities.
- As far as safety is concerned, the Catana 50 combines all the advantages of both large and small boats.
- Its incredible stability on the water, due to its 50 feet and its significant headroom under the nacelle, is complemented by its astonishing ease of manoeuvre.
- The instruments are all located in the cockpit, with the toerails, lifelines and handrails designed for easy, unrestricted movement and to avoid an awkward stumble in heavy weather.
- Tacking, reefing and handling the daggerboards are much easier as a result, particularly with the help of electric winches.
- Voted "Boat of the Year" in 2008 by the leading US sailing publication and highly praised by recreational sailors, this catamaran is our bestseller and a dream of a boat.
- Today it benefits from the advantages of Carbon Infusion, used as standard in all Catana production, with the roof, main partitions, and different structural reinforcements all manufactured from carbon fibre.
- Thanks to the infusion process, other improvements made and the extensive use of carbon fibre, the new 2011 version of the boat weighs 3,500 kilos less than before.
- This significant weight optimisation will yet again enhance the performance of this luxury catamaran: 17 knots at a wind speed of 25 knots!
- A record for sailing before the wind of almost 25 knots!