- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 1,450,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 1,824,825)
A new look at fast cruising, the 550 brings together an incredible combination of high performance, high specification and radical new design. The 550 is a new generation of innovation, beautiful, high performance catamarans with a true racing heritage, giving class-leading performance. Intelligent electronics, navigation and radically simple innovation sail handling will be standard, as will the creative contemporary, luxury interiors.
The Rapier 550 is made using Carbon Infused Epoxy making it a fast, light and extremely good-looking boat. With a cruising speed of 15 knots, this boat has the capability of covering 350 miles per day.
Mark Jarvis, Yacht Sales MULTIHULL WORLD LTD, Thornham Marina, Emsworth, Hampshire, PO10 8DD, UK Phone: (+44) 1243 377 333 Email: email@example.com
+44 (0)1243 377333
Please contact Mark Jarvis at +44 (0)1243 377 333
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Broadblue Catamarans
Hull Shape: Catamaran
LOA: 16.75 m
Beam: 8.0 m
Maximum Draft: 1.30 m
Dry Weight: 8618 kgs
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Number of double berths: 4
The structure of the Rapier 550 is of a modern lightweight construction using the using the latest resin infusion processes and combines high strength Epoxy resin systems throughout the entire structure with a combination of E glass, Kevlar and carbon laminate stiffened by PVC cores to produce an exceptionally strong and light structure optimised for performance sailing.
The hull has an exterior gel coat finish with vinylester skin and choice of colours. Everything is female moulded in hi-quality production tooling. The deck and uperstructure has an integrally moulded anti-slip surface in places where needed – especially in all areas where crew or guests walk or require access to operate the vessel.
The Broadblue Rapier 550 is virtually unsinkable due to its watertight bulkheads, cored construction and buoyancy compartments fore and aft in each hull. Each compartment is separate and sealed off to control water ingress if damaged. All internal textures are a combination of painted, light weight linings, timber and textile trims.
The skeg keels of the R550 are separately moulded and bonded to the hull structure, maintaining the integrity of the hull even if the keels are damaged or detached. Other keel options are also available, including low aspect ratio fixed keels, dagger boards and steerable canards.
- Twin 40hp multi cylinder engines on shafts with high output, advanced charging alternators (optional Twin 55hp)
- High quality folding propellers
- Fuel /water separator, filters and stopcocks
- 2 x Fuel tanks (150litres each) with fuel level sensors
- Engine ventilation with air intake on transom
- Raw water filter to each engine
- Automatic Bilge Pump in each Engine Room
- Engine bays painted in fire retardant gel coat
- Engine access from aft step hatch
- Twin single-lever electronic throttle and gear controls inside cockpit area.
- Aft deck mounted remote control for engines.
- Anti-siphon breaks fitted to raw water lines to engines
- Engine panels with tachometers, warning lights, alarm and engine-hour meter mounted at inside helm console
- Hot water calorifier connected to engine c
- 2 x 85 amp/hr engine start batteries
- 4 x 200 amp/hr sealed high quality domestic batteries
- 12 v sockets at helm station and hull cabins
- 12 v waterproof socket to outside helm stations
- DC distribution Empire bus NXT via node and spur electronic management system
- Volt and amp displays along with all other management functions via dedicated console at helm station with suitable alarms and alerts.
- Volt meters and amp meters to AC systems displayed via management console.
- Galvanic protection
- AC electrical outlets to all cabins, galley and saloon area
- Hot water element heater
- 32 amp Shore power connection cable and socket
- Mast in Carbon Composite from Future Fibres, Clear coat UV protected.
- Deck stepped
- No spreader “tube” type mast with forward lowers.
- Mast base with leadthroughs for all lines and halyards.
- Mast mounted Led Navigation lights inc tri colour bi colour stern and steaming light
- Twin Deck flood lights
- VHF areal Windex
- TV antenna
- AIS antenna
- Optional radar & bracket
- Standing rigging
- All synthetic standing rigging connected to large diameter rigging screws and solid
- stainless steel
- chain plates
- Forestay solid rod with rigging adjusters
- Furlex roller reefing fuller
- Running rigging
- 1 x 2:1 Mainsail halyard in Dyneema
- 1 x Jib halyard Dyneema
- 1 x 2-1 code 0 / spinnaker halyard
- 1 toping lift
- fixed lazy jacks
- 1-3 with tack and clew lines lead to winch station inside
Sheets & control lines
- 1 x jib sheet 14mm Dyneema
- 1 x Jib 12mm control line for control of traveller
- Endless loop main sheet traveller line controlled by electric Line Driver
- Multi part main sheet lead to cockpit helm station
- Code 0/spinnaker sheets
- Code 0/spinnaker tack line
- Fuller line Page 10 of 11
RAPIER 550 STANDARD SPECIFICATION 2014
Please note all specification may be subject to change without prior notice
+44 (0) 1243 377333 firstname.lastname@example.org www.broadblue.com
Optional 8 series Carver code 0 fuller and line
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Multihull World
Unknown, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Unknown, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Emsworth, Hampshire, United Kingdom