2013 Pacer Yachts 400
- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
The Pacer 400 is offered in the following models:
CR - Vinylester Cruiser
EP - Epoxy Cruiser Racer (premium finishes)
R - Epoxy Regatta Boat
The Pacer 400 from the Pacer 376 in that she does not have the hard chines of the '376. She has a completely different hull shape, whilst the proven general deck design layout of the '376 has been retained.
Her coachroof arrangement is different, offering a different treatment of the halyards and controls leading back to the cockpit, and the addition of a saloon to deck opening hatch for those hot summer nights.
The deckgear arrangement is optimised for performance and shorthanded sailing.
The cockpit is spacious and the interior offers a modern, clean look, with the beautiful trims and comforts afforded the Pacer 376.
Main difference below decks, with the private owners cabin and direct access to the heads from the saloon, so affording privacy in the forepeak cabin.
A beautiful blend of joinery and clean-looking modules below decks create a contemporary look and feel. The fully equipped 'L' shaped Galley offers everything at hand, together with ample stowage. The dedicated Navigation Station with desk and distribution board and instrument panel close at hand is adjacent to the Galley, whilst the saloon is spacious with folding saloon table, grab-handles in the correct positions, offering easy access to the fwd private double berth cabin, or heads.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Simonis Vooigd Design
LOA: 12.04 m
Beam: 3.75 m
LWL: 11.03 m
Maximum Draft: 2.50 m
Dry Weight: 6100 kgs
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Option 1: 1x Volvo Penta D1-30, 3 cylinder 30 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (110 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (110 Liters)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
Fully battened mainsail
- Pacer 400 R and EP: The Hull is built using vacuum bagged hand lay-up before the hardening process starts, and is post cured after it has left the mould.
- The laminated construction consists of hydrolysis - proof epoxy resin, multidirectional fabrics and foam as sandwich material.
- Internally the laminate is sealed using topcoat.
- Pacer 400 CR: Hull and Decks in Vinylester composites.
- The Deck and Hull are bonded together using epoxy, providing a neat joint. The laminated construction consists of hydrolysis-proof epoxy resin, multidirectional fabrics and predominantly foam core with end-grain balsa used in certain areas.
- In addition to Aluminium reinforcements laminated into the deck for the standard deck layout, Hard spots for post O.E.M fitment of deckgear are integrated in the deck.
- The Pacer 400 offers a factory developed non-skid surface which is white in colour.
- The Pacer 400 CR has a Vinylester composite Deck.
- All lines lead back to the cockpit. Halyards and sail trims lead to a series of power clutches and fairleads on the companionway garage, each leading to a respective Winch on the coachroof.
- Winches: Lewmar
- 2 x Coachroof Halyard and spinnaker Winches – 2 x 46AST
- 2 x Primary Winches 48AST
- 2 x Mainsheet Winches 48AST
- For the Larger ‘Big Sail Plan’ Racing Rig, the following Winches are provided;
- 2 x Coachroof Halyard and spinnaker Winches – 2 x 50AST
- 2 x Primary Winches 55AST
- 2 x Mainsheet Winches 55AST
- 2 Winch handle pockets and 2 winch handles are supplied.
- The Lewmar ‘German’ mainsheet track system is positioned fwd of the steering wheel pedestal, with car position controls leading to port and starboard for easy of trimming.
- The Backstay controls are brought forward from the transom to port and starboard positions adjacent to the wheel so affording ease of trim to either the helmsman or mainsheet trimmer.
- The Jib car controls lead back to the cockpit.
- Two recessed deck lights are installed on port and starboard just fwd of the open transom.
- The Shore-Power plug socket is installed below the starboard coaming aft of the steering wheel.
- The exterior manual bilge pump point is positioned on port, aft of the steering wheel affording the helmsman easy access.
- The Pacer 400 offers a large modern self-draining cockpit with open transom, all very well laid-out for ease of sailing and the cut and thrust of competitive racing. Seats are covered in Teak or Cork.
- The Gas locker is easily accessible on the port side of the cockpit, and the engine throttle control on the starboard side of the cockpit within reach of the helmsman.
- A self draining locker (designed for life raft or general use) is provided, and access to the lazarette (steering gear and systems) is via a waterproof frosted-glass deck hatch.
- The coamings are contoured for comfort and the deck surfaces have the factory developed non-skid.
- A spacious saloon with 2 linear couches other and a double-leaf fold down table (with centre storage for wine) compliment the saloon.
- Cabinets run either side of the saloon to the fwd bulkhead, behind the couches.
- The couch cushions are designed to lift individually, thereby enabling quick and easy access to the storage under.
- A stainless steel grab-handle is fitted to the underside of the coachroof (midships) to aid access to the saloon whilst at sea.
- A ceiling liner with recessed halogen down-lighting affords a high quality finish to the saloon.
- A private Cabin with access from the Saloon, offering high quality double V berth mattresses with removable covers.
- Smooth, easy-wipe hull liner as well as a ceiling liner with recessed halogen downlights.
- Single cushioned seat alongside a locker adjacent to the heads door.
- The Starboard Aft Cabin is a fully enclosed Private Facility, and there is an option to convert the Port Aft cabin to an enclosed Private cabin as well.
- Both cabins offer double berths with lockers positioned against the back bulkheads and ceiling.
- Optional shelving available fitted to the midships cabin devider.
- Lighting in the form of bulkhead adjustable spots for reading.
- Hull liner gives a smooth easy-wipe finish, and ceiling liner screens all through-deck fittings.
- High density Mattresses are covered in removable wear resistant fabric.
- Natural light and fresh air is accessible through a port light which opens to the cockpit.
- Positioned fwd of the main saloon bulkhead and mast and accessed directly from the saloon, the heads offers standing headroom, a wash-basin with cold water faucet, manual pump toilet, integrated shower head with electric shower sump pump and storage lockers.
- A hatch provides fresh air and natural light.
- A Halogen light is also fitted.
- Positioned on Port at the foot of the companionway, the Galley is L shaped to offer best sea-going attributes.
- Fitted with a single deep stainless steel sink, pressurized cold water with faucet as standard and hot and cold as an upgrade.
- The 41ltr compressor cold box has a hinged lid with recessed fold-down handle. The worktop is finished in a composite worktop and has a solid light Cherrywood fiddle on all sides.
- A 2 plate, semi-gimbaled, stove with oven, is fitted as standard.
- Lockers for pots, pans and victuals are located above the worktop, with lockers under of which one includes an integrated waste bag holder.
- Batteries: 1 x 12v/55ah Starter
- 1 x 12v/100ah House
- Mastervolt or similar Main Battery Switches.
- Circuit Breakers for all electrical components.
- Philipi or Similar Control Panel for Electronics.
- 25ah Battery Charger
- Shore-Power and Plug & Cable. 220v Plug point at Nav Station.
- Dyform stainless steel wire shrouds and stays with roll-formed terminals and bottle-screws. (Rod Rigging on the Pacer 400 R)
- The backstay is adjustable via a Lewmar cascade and purchase system (48:1), adjustable from both sides of the cockpit adjacent to the steering wheel position.
- The mainsheet system offers 2 conventional reefs, both controlled from the cockpit.
- The mainsail and jib halyards are dyneema. There are 2 masthead spinnaker halyards.
- The mainsail outhaul, and Cunningham, is adjustable from the cockpit.
- North Sails Mainsail crosscut Dacron 430 with two reefing points, two full battens and 2 short battens – with a non backstay-overlapping roach.
- North Sails Jib, 108%, 8.4oz Premium Nordac.
- Mainsail 48.6m
- Code 1 Jib 36m2
- Spinnaker Masthead 120m2
- P 15.4m
- E 5.25m
- I 15.32m
- J 4.3m
- 4 x Mooring Cleats
- Safety Boarding/swim Ladder
- Filler Nozzle for water tank on cockpit floor.
- Filler Nozzle for fuel tank on cockpit floor.