2013 Pacer Yachts 27 Sport
- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Composite Polyester & Balsa Composite
- Engine/Fuel Type:
The Pacer 27 Sport is a new generation trailer sailer which offers very exciting sailing and top speeds at a fraction of the cost of boats twice it's size.
Designed by Alex Simonis and Maarten Voogd, who also designed the successful Maxfun 25 and which is doing well in Europe, our brief was for a boat which would perform offshore the South African coast (Cape of Storms), and still be great fun on inland waters. It was also important to have a small interior capable of sleeping 2 adults and 2 children for those family units where dad races hard, but still wants to be able to treat the kids to a night or two on the boat.. To make the boat into a One Design class which enjoys good fleets no matter where the sailing venue may be, it was important to ensure that it could be easily slipped and towed. The retractable keel and removable cassette type rudder means that the boat sits low on it's trailer, tucking in behind the tow vehicle, and it's low mass means it can be easily pulled by a 2.5ltr car or light van. The rig is easily dropped or raised, with just 3 persons, and will take about 40 minutes from arriving at the waters edge to launching the boat.
Whilst Carbon masts are sexy and all the rage, we opted for a performance alloy rig in order to keep costs down, and after receiving advice from Sparcraft/Southern Spars.
The Hull is Gelcoat, Polyester and Foam composite, resulting in a rigid but relatively lightweight boat, whilst the deck is Gelcoat, Polyester, Balsa composite. The area around the chainplates is strengthened and there is a bulkhead beneath the cockpit floor directly under the mainsheet traveller position, plus a partial bulkhead below the companionway. The interior consists of a one-piece tray which has integral berths and supports as well as a 'well' for an off-the-shelf portaloo if required for 'family sailing'.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Simonis Voogd Designs
Hull Shape: Planing
LOA: 8.33 m
Beam: 2.50 m
LWL: 8.01 m
Maximum Draft: 1.70 m
Dry Weight: 1160 kgs
Drive Type: Other
Engine Option 1: 1x
Number of single berths: 4
Compass - Bulkhead type
Manual bilge pump
Outboard engine brackets
- Lightweight build process, designed for really exciting sailing for between 2 to 6 persons.
- Construction is Vinylester Laminate with Balsa Core and high quality white gelcoat finishes.
- The Keel offers a high quality race finish, with a cast Alloy foil, Lead/Antimony Bulb, retractable via a simple winch system.
- The Rudder is balanced, on a s/s stock through a bearing system, fitted into a removable cassette which slots into the transom.
- The Rig is a Pacer Alloy performance section, with taper with a natural anodized finish.
- The sail plan offers typical Sportboat asymmetric Spinnakers flown from a retractable shooting pole, non-overlapping foresails, and a powerful main.
- Deckgear is Ronstan/Lewmar, to race and one-design specification.
- A variety of sail specifications are available.
- As this is a recognised One-Design race class, we recommend that owners order the Class Association Specification sails to get the most out of your sportsboat.