- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Delivered within contiguous U.S., WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 439,000
ALL Helmsman Trawlers feature proven, solid construction methods, exceptional craftsmanship, abundant use of quality materials, and capable, modern, wide-beam hull designs.
The Helmsman Trawlers 42 Cruiser is a new design in the North American market. It combines the sleek low-slung European-style river design with a capable wide-beam trawler hull. Unique features include a large swim deck with broad stairway access to the bridgedeck, an exceptionally roomy interior including two luxurious stateroom suites, and a large open salon. Options include the addition of a lower helm station, a three-stateroom layout, and various propulsion options. Minimal exterior maintenance and reliable, economical propulsion systems allow owners to spend more time cruising.
Standard propulsion is a Cummins QSB 6.7 litre 250 hp electronically-controlled common rail engine. Other hp ratings (up to 480 hp) are available, as are other brands of engines.
Minimal exterior maintenance and reliable, economical propulsion systems allow owners to spend more time cruising. A wide range of options and custom configurations are available for order. We’d like to talk with you about your ideas!
Pricing is for the base model, delivered to coastal US locations. Production slots are available for 2015 delivery.
Sistership photos shown.
Visit HELMSMAN TRAWLERS for more information on the Helmsman 42 Cruiser and other Helmsman Trawlers models.
Visit our Waterline Boats website for our complete inventory listing, information on new Krogen Express Yachts, Bering Yachts, Helmsman Trawlers®, Bracewell Yachts, and our blog. Waterline Boats LLC uses the Boatshed International Yacht Brokerage System - the strength of more than 50 offices world-wide and the most advanced brokerage technology available. Contact Waterline Boats for more information about the advantages of listing and buying using the Boatshed system!
Please contact Sales at Waterline Boats at (206) 282-0110
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Delivered coastal US
Builder: Helmsman Trawlers
LOA: 42 ft 7 in
Beam: 13 ft 11 in
Length on Deck: 41 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 6 in
Displacement: 32000 lbs Dry Load
Total Power: 250 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Year Built: 2015
Engine Model: QSB 6.7 litre 250 hp
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 250 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (75 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Fiberglass (210 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Fiberglass (45 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
The large full-beam master stateroom is aft, and features an island queen bed, cedar-lined hanging closets port and starboard, drawers beneath the bed (and additional storage further forward under the bed), reading lights, bookshelves, opening portlights, and an opening ventilation / escape hatch. The master head is starboard, with an integrated large enclosed shower stall. A door encloses the stateroom for privacy. This is such a roomy space that the optional three-stateroom layout cleverly provides a stateroom (or office) to port.
The saloon is larger than one usually finds in a tri-cabin design of this size. With a convertible L-shaped settee to starboard and an entertainment center to port the saloon is designed to be comfortable and accommodating when everyone is up and awake. Visibility and lighting are excellent, with large windows forward and on the sides. Overhead teak handrails are provided. Doors forward starboard and aft port allow movement to outside. An optional lower helm station can be provided.
The galley is down and forward of the saloon, with plenty of working and storage space. A variety of dinette options are available.
The guest stateroom is forward, and includes an island queen and private head/shower. Storage and appointments are equally generous.
The engineroom gives an amazing amount of working space around the engine, and includes a built-in workbench/tool storage. The room is well-lit and extremely orderly. Wire and tubing runs are precise and accessible. Deck plates make movement easy. Through-hulls are readily at-hand.
The flybridge is positioned aft of the saloon and forward of the raised aft deck, providing a sleeker appearance and a lower profile. The aft deck includes built-in seating and plenty of space to entertain. All railings are welded stainless steel, with finely polished welds. Access to the aft deck is via wide stairs (no ladders!) port and starboard from the side decks, or up a curving staircase from the swim deck. The stairs themselves are designed for exceptional safety and security.
Standard engine -- Cummins QSB 6.7-250 hp engine, electronically-controlled common-rail design. Optional engine choices include the entire Cummins QSB series -- 305 hp through 480 hp and Cummins QSL9. Other engines including Lugger, John Deere, and Isuzu may be specified.
- freshwater cooling
- engine alarm system
- dual Racor fuel filters
- two 210 gallon FRP fuel tanks
- Sidepower bow thruster
- Webasto Air Top 5500 cabin heat (or credit toward a hydronic system or a reverse cycle heat/AC system if desired)
- stainless steel prop shaft
- bronze or NiBrAl propeller(s) depending on horsepower
- stainless steel rudder(s)
- stainless steel rudder shoe (single engine)
- hot and cold pressurized water
- manual bilge pump
- bronze sea strainer
- seacocks on underwater through-hull fittings
Deck, Bridge, Cockpit and Hull
Solid laminate hull with vinylester resins in external layers, fitted with internal FRP grid.
- white gel coat with gray non-skid decks (other colors available)
- anchor chain locker with access at bow
- stainless steel welded handrails
- aft deck and flybridge seating with storage underneath
- LED courtesy lights
- FRP swim platform
- ladder at swim platform
- navigation lights
- forward cabin hatch
- sliding companionway door
- sliding lower helm door
- anchor chain roller
- windlass with 200' chain
- Raw water washdown at bow
- Fresh water shower (hot/cold) at transom
- FRP radar arch with hinge
- epoxy barrier coating
- bottom paint
Safety / Fittings
- Southco door hardware
- Manship 24" x 24" stainless steel overhead hatches
- Manship stainless steel portholes
- 20 kg anchor
- dock lines
- electric horn
- flare kit
- fire extinguishers (2)
- life vests
- type IV throwable personal flotation device
- Blue Sea AC/DC service panel
- battery selector switch
- Marinco shore power inlet
- 12v outlets in salon and bridge
- 110 v outlets
- bonding systems with zinc anode
- three Rule automatic bilge pumps
- Jabsco Sensor-Max potable water pump
- 12 v LED overhead lights throughout
- GFCI protection
- color-coded wiring harness
- One 4D start battery and two 8D house batteries
- 40 amp battery charger
- marine 11 gallon hot water heater
- pre-wired and plumbed for a generator
Galley and Heads
Many custom options to configure the galley and heads are available. Standard equipment is listed below.
- Propane stove with propane locker on bridgedeck -- credit if electric stove is substituted
- Nova Kool refrigerator/freezer
- Overhead drop-down cabinets in galley
- Medicine cabinet in master head
- Stainless steel sink
- designer faucet
- two 75 gallon stainless steel water tanks
- Granite countertops
- Corian-type or Formica-type countertop options available
- Two head compartments
- Masterflush marine heads
- 45 gallon FRP holding tank
- Macerator with through-hull
- shower sump pumps
- built-in vanity
Electronically-controlled engine options include specialized controls.
- flybridge control center (lower helm controls optional)
- electronic throttle controls
- Sea Star steering system
- stainless wheel topside
- sliding lower helm seat
- upper helm seat
- autopilot hydraulic steering taps in lazarette
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
All photos are of sisterships, and may show differences in custom or optional configurations.
Other Boats from Waterline Boats LLC
Delivered to Seattle, WA, United States
Delivered coastal US, United States
Seattle, WA, United States
Delivered coastal US, United States
37 Sedan - Two Staterooms
Delivered coastal US, United States
Victory Tug 49
Portland, OR, United States