The Vessel shall be a custom-developed, deep-sea, full displacement, long-range steel hull with aluminium superstructure explorer yacht built to operate for private use and for public charter in the Mediterranean and Caribbean seas accordance with the design of Focus Yacht Design and the engineering of Brilliant Boats, Ltd., and in compliance with the rules and regulations published in the regulations of the Classification Society and with the Marine and Coastguard Agency Code of Practice.
The Vessel’s characteristics shall provide generous and luxurious accommodation spaces for the Owner’s party, with good recreational deck areas, while maintaining a good level of sea keeping.
With reference to the level of finish and workmanship, the standard to be observed shall be the standard applied in good European yacht building.
The crew’s accommodation and working areas shall give the crew good comfort and will enable them to operate the Vessel effectively without unnecessarily disturbing the Owner’s party.
The machinery concept is to achieve reliability by utilizing proven machinery and equipment from known manufacturers and utilizing industry standard modern materials and construction techniques to assure that future maintenance is obtainable in remote areas within reasonable levels.
This Specification is just an preliminary one and will change after final engineering.
Max speed at half load displacement: 14 knots
Range at economical cruising speed at half load displacement using two 4,000 miles engines and one generator:
a) All fees and taxes associated to the registration of the Vessel shall be paid by the Owner.
The construction shipyard for this project is:
Arberger Hafendamm 22, 28309 Bremen, Germany
Sunrise Yachting Yatcilik Sanayi ve Ticaret, Ltd.
Antalya Free Zone, Antalya, Turkey
referred to as the 'Builder'.
I.4 NAVAL ARCHITECTS & DESIGNERS
I.4.1 Naval Architecture
referred to as the 'Architect'.
I.4.2 Engineering & Classification Coordination
referred to as the 'Engineer'.
I.4.3 Exterior and Interior Design & Styling
- Focus Yacht Design & Drettmann Yachts
referred to as the 'Designer'.
I.5 CLASSIFICATION & CERTIFICATES
a) The vessel is to be built under the survey of and in full accordance with the Bureau Veritas Regulations for the Classification of Special Service Craft and including all Amendments and Notices issued up until the date of signing of the Vessel Construction Agreement.
b) The class notation shall be:
YACHT, MACH Charter Yacht, Motor, S – Unrestricted Navigation, UMS
I.5.2 MCA Certification
a) This vessel will comply with all of the requirements of LY2 - The Large Commercial Yacht Code Large for vessels 24 metres and over in load line length and the Code of Practice that applies to yachts which are in commercial use for sport or pleasure, do not carry cargo and do not carry more than 12 passengers.
I.5.3 Safety & Pollution Requirements
a) Construction will comply with all relevant COLREG and IMO regulations.
b) At completion, a MARPOL pollution and sewage certificate will be delivered.
a) The following certificates shall also be enforced and/or supplied:
- Builder’s Certificate;
- Class Certificate (Temporary);
- Certificate of MCA-Compliance;
- Safety Radio Certificate;
- Safety Equipment Certificate;
- The 1966 International Convention on Load Lines;
- An International Tonnage Certificate in the form required by Tonnage Convention ITC 69 and United Kingdom Regulations SI 841/1982.
- International Convention for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea, 1972 and amendments.
- International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships, 1973 and 1978 Protocol and all subsequent amendments (MARPOL).
- International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974 and 1978 Protocol and all subsequent Amendments (SOLAS) in as far as specifically mentioned in this Specification.
- International Convention on Telecommunications and Radio Regulations, 1974 and all subsequent amendments.
I.5.5 Country of Registry Regulations (Owner’s charge)
a) The following rules shall also be considered, if required:
- United States Coast Guard Pollution Regulations for Foreign Vessels.
- Flag Registration regulations.