- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 850,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 919,275)
Versatile long distance cruising boat from this legendary manufacturer.
Loaded with extras for fast comfortable and safe cruising.
Bermudan ketch rig and large aft cabin version.
For further information or to arrange a viewing please contact Nigel Wales on +34 638 90 40 40
Please contact at +34 638 904040 / 971 677 576
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 17.30 m
Beam: 4.99 m
LWL: 14.85 m
Maximum Draft: 2.20 m
Dry Weight: 24000 kgs
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 110 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (800 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (900 Liters)
The AMEL 55 was created with direct inspiration from the modern and elegant design of the AMEL 64. She was developed according to the latest improvements of the yard in terms of performance, visibility, ingenuity and comfort of the layouts, but still keeping the AMEL fundamental assets. The 55 comes either in a cabriolet version or with a hardtop. The inside layout exists in two versions : either three double cabins for the standard version, or one double forward and a very large aft owner's cabin.
It is very bright and spacious. It provides an excellent view of the outside from its 4 opening hatches and 4 large hull portlights. Large sliding table with extension, for 8 people, with very comfortable U shaped seat.
- Direct and indirect lighting (mainly LED).
- Numerous electrical sockets.
- Audio system: radio-CD-MP3 with BOSE acoustics.
- Forward Owner's Cabin
- Closed by a watertight door. It covers the full width of the hull. It is vast, very light and well ventilated thanks to 3 deck hatches and 2 hull portlights. LED lighting by ceiling lights, wall lamps and reading lamps (mainly LED).
- Central 1.60m double bed, slat base and high density foam mattress. Very large storage space under the bed with top access.
- Cabinets, drawers, and a large hanging locker for optimum ease of storage.
- Closed storage for dishes.
- Desk unit/dressing table to starboard with swivelling seat, mirror and 220V sockets.
- Fresh water pump, hot water tank (50 litres)
- Spacious shower, floor grating and sliding door, mixing tap. Handrail in the shower, storage and lights.
- Lighting by deck hatch and ceiling lights.
- Storage unit with deep flush washbasin and mixer tap.
- Cabinets, towel rail, clothes hooks, toilet paper holder and mirror.
- Electric vacuum marine toilet (fresh water) with black water tank.
Situated to the left of the companionway, it is very large and is a major feature of the life on board. A large opening portlight gives a view of the outside whilst doing the cooking.
It is naturally very light, great attention has been paid to the lighting and ventilation which are excellent. It comprises 2 large working surfaces made of moulded Corian with surround
- 2-basin stainless steel sink with mixer tap and hand shower.
- A combination of low units, drawers and upper cabinets.
- A gimbal-mounted 3-burner stove/oven, with potholders.
- Electric extractor hood with filter
- Miele stainless steel microwave oven, 220V
- 150 litre refrigerator and 150 litre freezer.
- Extra fridge
- Several 220V sockets.
- Fresh water capacity: 1 x 800 litre tank with access through hatches.
- Partitioned wastewater tank (capacity: approximately 60 litres), with 2 sewage pumps
- Large, comfortable and reassuring cockpit.
- 1 helmsman’s station in the wheelhouse with a leather covered stainless steel wheel. The wheel steering is mechanical.
- Console in front of the wheel for the electronics, together with all the other controls (windlass, furling gear, thruster, etc).
- Very comfortable composite helmsman’s seat with leather seat and back.
- Adjustable teak and laminate cockpit table.
- Large locker with light in the cockpit on portside + locker at the mizzen mast foot on portside
- 2 x Sun biminis
- Stainless steel bow fitting for 2 anchors. Fresh water outlet on the deck.
- Electric windlass controlled from the cockpit, stainless steel Bügel (Wasi) 30kg anchor, 100m of 10mm galvanised chain (2nd electric windlass available as an option).
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and side rails (opening in the pushpit for easy access to quay or pontoon). Stainless steel guard line.
- LED navigation lights.
- 8 stainless steel mooring cleats.
- Bracket for outboard engine in aft locker
- Stainless steel chain plates.
- Second vertical windlass
- Opacmare hydraulic gangway
- 12 hatches ; 6 opening portlights.
- On deck, 4 large lockers:
- At the foredeck : a large locker with easy access to the bow
thruster and chain lockers, a wide space for fenders, mooring lines
and extra sails.
- To portside, next to the cockpit : a locker for various equipments (oil
tank for the outboard engine, cleansing products, hosepipes, etc.)
- Right by this locker : a second locker with 2 gas cylinders fitted with
1 safety pressure valve and an electric valve. The whole locker
breathes to the fresh air.
- On the aft deck : a large locker for a possible dinghy, outboard
engine, diving equipment, fenders and others.
- Furuno FR1835 radar.
- Furuno GP33 and GP330 GPS.
- B & G Hydra 5000 including: 1 GFD at chart table, 1 GFD in cockpit.
- Garmin VHF at chart table
- Hydraulic Furuno Navpilot 711 automatic pilot.
- Camera on aft deck
- Onan 11kW diesel generator (650 h @ 10/15)
- 800W 24V/220V inverter
- 24V and 220V distribution boards with ammeters and voltmeters.
- 12V circuit for engine and generator.
- 24V, 600 Amp/h service circuit.
- 220V circuit with cable and pontoon connector at the aft, and 220V/24V, 100 Amp charger.
- 24V interior lighting (mostly LED).
- 12V, 24V and 220V sockets
Engine and Thrusters
Very spacious watertight engine room, with very efficient sound insulation. The engine and all the heavy equipment (generator set) are centred and positioned very low. High density insulating foam and inside coating with high acoustic performance.
- Volvo engine, 5-cylinder, low speed diesel engine, 110HP, hydraulic gearbox with shaft brake. Electric throttle. AMEL angle transmission. (820 h @ 10/15)
- Fixed 3-blade propeller (folding propeller available as an option).
Several lighting points, 220V and 24V sockets.
Access: from the cockpit, full opening of the cockpit bottom assisted by gas struts.
- Diesel fuel capacity: 900 litres.
- Double diesel fuel filter with 3-way tap.
- 24V fans: 1 extractor for the engine compartment, 1 extractor for the battery
- Retractable electric bow thruster, 11HP.
- Stern thruster
- The Amel 55 is rigged as a ketch.
- "AMEL" main and mizzen masts. Both masts are designed and entirely
manufactured by AMEL. The finish is a 2-component polyurethane paint. 2
sets of spreaders on the main mast and 1 on the mizzen. AMEL 24V
electric roller reefing system with manual release on the main mast.
- AMEL electric roller reefing system on the mizzen with manual release.
- LED deck lights on the main and mizzen masts.
- Mooring and masthead lights (LED).
- Single strand stainless steel standing rigging .
- Vectran and Dyneema halyards.
- Purpose built AMEL booms, finished in polyurethane paint.
- Down-haul on the main boom.
- Automatic toping lift on mizzen boom.
- Reckman electric genoa furling gear.
- External halyard on main mast.
Deck Sail Handling Equipment
Bermudan ketch rig with all the controls (manual and electric) of sheets and mainsail tackle run aft to the cockpit.
- 2 electric genoa sheet winches.
- 2 stay sail sheet winches.
- 1 electric mainsheet winch.
- 1 mizzen sail sheet winch.
- 2 manual main mast winches.
- 1 manual mizzen mast winch.
- Second vertical winch
- Halyard downhauls : 2 on the main and 1 on the mizzen mast.
- 4 halyard clutches (including one double) and 1 on main mast (staysail option).
Sheet traveller tracks with tidy travellers
- Hull made from composite, Roving 71 glass fibre + glass flakes against osmosis / isophthalic resin, monolithic laminate, laid up by hand (application / coating /
air removal) in lengthwise and transverse layers with a two thirds overlap.
- Frame structure in polyurethane omega-foam and plywood, laminated to the hull, as is all the joinery structure (bulkheads, furniture units, lockers, etc.)
- This system guarantees the highest rigidity of the whole unit and optimises load spread. Compression forces from the masts / rigging are compensated by a structure of support pillars for the masts and chain plate tie-rods laminated to the hull for the rigging.
- The bulkheads are glued and laminated with the deck. 4 of them are watertight bulkheads with isolation valves.
- Composite Roving 71 glass fiber / isophtalic resin and balsa sandwich deck moulded by the same process as the hull (the deck is glued and laminated to the hull and the bulkheads).
- The fore and aft bridge, foredeck and quarter deck are made from “Amel teak", moulded into the deck.
- Self-bailing cockpit (2 scuppers, 100 mm diameter)
- Cast iron ballast fixed to the hull / keel by stainless steel bolts, sealing by Epoxy treatment.
- Monolithic laminate rudder with skeg made from plain composite, moulded in one piece with the hull. The rudder is mounted at 3 points, the rudder trunk is
laminated and the intermediate fitting and socket are stainless steel, bolted. Stainless steel rudder stock, 60 mm in diameter.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.