- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 300,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 323,010)
A great cruising yacht with full bluewater spec. She is a safe and fast passage maker. With generator and watermaker she is ready to go.
Please contact Ben Cooper at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Niels Jeppsen
LOA: 41 ft 11 in
Beam: 13 ft 5 in
LWL: 37 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 11 in
Displacement: 11400 kgs
Ballast: 5160 kgs
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 55 HP
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
The Xc 42 is quickly becoming an iconic cruising yacht – capable of fast and safe passage making due to her strong construction and excellent hull form. X-LOKUM comes complete with a full bluewater spec and is absolutely ready to go.
- Built in sandwich construction with vinylester and polyester resins with structural compressed foam.
- Hull moulded in female moulds for highest quality surface finish.
- Steel frame- hot-galvanized, high strength, laminated into hull to absorb all loads from keel, mast and rigging.
- Bathing platform incorporated in transom port with electrical hoisting and lowering system.
- Bathing ladder in stainless steel, mounted onto bathing platform.
- Continuous stainless steel rail protection mounted on sheerline.
- White hull with dark blue ‘X-Yachts’ style three water lines.
- Built-in sandwich construction with vinylester and polyester resins with structural compress foam.
- Bi-directional e-glass strategically positioned for strength and weight optimization.
- Teak deck, vacuum applied, 9m nominal thickness on side deck, coach roof, cockpit sole, seats and bathing platform.
- Bulwark with teak capping incorporated in deck/hull design.
Keel & Rudder:
- Standard draft of 2.10m.
- Keel consists of antimony hardened lead bulb bolted and glued to cast iron fin for high strength, low centre of gravity and comfortable sailing performance.
- Keel securely bolted to steel frame.
- Keel protected with epoxy and fibreglass.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo 55hp 4-cylinder water-cooled diesel engine with S-drive.
- Special engine room with sound insulation ensures low noise level in yacht.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: approx. 607.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Folding propeller: 3-bladed bronze for S-drive.
- Retractable MaxPower bowthruster.
- 12V DC system throughout yacht.
- 12V DC system for main engine installation.
- All cabling terminates in ‘dry’ GRP box fitted behind main electrical panel for added safety.
- Battery charger and immersion heater connected to 230V AC distribution box.
- Several additional 220V power sockets.
- AGM batteries (total 390 Ah@12V) securely mounted under main cabin sofa (3 x 130Ah).
- Separate engine spiral cell battery (55Ah, 12V) mounted near main engine for starting engine and generator only.
- Extra service battery (all batteries were replaced in 2014).
- Charger and inverter.
- Fischer Panda generator – 4800i.
- Shore power installation with 10 amp shore power inlet socket mounted in cockpit. 230V AC distribution box with ground fault circuit breaker and 230V AC socket mounted at nav. station.
- 4 x Solar panels (280W) made in Germany.
- Sea cocks and through hull fittings: composite material and flush mounted.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water tank: Isotherm 40 L – tank can be heated either by main engine or immersion heater connected to shore power.
- Pressurised freshwater system for hot and cold water throughout yacht.
- Freshwater manual pump in galley.
- Spectra watermaker (20 l/h).
- Central bilge incorporated in keel structure.
- Electrical bilge pump with sensor and manual on/off or automatic switch at nav. station.
- Manual bilge pump mounted in cockpit.
- Separate head/shower bilge pump (2 x), manually operated).
- Total capacity of 220 litres – aluminium fuel tank in port aft cabin.
- Total capacity of 503 litres in stainless steel tanks below saloon sole.
- VDO analogue tank level gauge, inspection hatch and deck fill.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total capacity of 60 litres - tank level watch fitted to both heads with self-draining outlet and deck outlets (2 x).
- Gas locker for 2 x 3kg gas bottle.
- Raymarine ST70+ base pack including 2 x ST70+ display, 1 x speed/depth transducer and 1 x wind tranducer.
- Raymarine C125 chart plotter (upgrade).
- Raymarine autopilot.
- Raymarine VHF.
- Raymarine radar.
- Raymarine AIS.
- Microwave oven with stainless steel front.
- Top-opened fridge with freezer option.
- Second fridge – Isotherm 85i front opened with ASU start-up technology and Danfoss cooling compressor.
- Gas cooker – 3-burner with oven.
- Waste bin mounted under sinks.
- Deck shower fitted at bathing platform with hot/cold freshwater.
- 2 x A/C units.
- Bose cockpit loudspeaker.
- Blaupunkt multimedia centre.
- TV with DVD player.
- JVC radio/CD/MP3/USB speakers.
- Bose waterproof cockpit speakers.
- Exterior and interior lighting in LED.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Bulkheads with teak surfaces.
- Companionway steps of curved unvarnished teak.
- Floorboard of teak and holly with inspection hatches to access bilge.
- Handrails by entrance and alongside coach roof portlights in main cabin.
- Blinds and flyscreens throughout on Oceanair skylights.
- Upholstery in saloon is Nantes ivory with ivory Sunbrella custom cushion covers over top for protection – custom pillows added.
- 12mm smoked plexi glass washboard with integrated storage system, spring loaded for minimal effort to stow away.
- Deck hatches, flush mounted, openable hatches on foredeck and coach roof for ventilation and light.
- Ventilation dorades in stainless steel mounted on coach roof, with stainless steel protection bar.
Description of layout from:
- Owner’s cabin seat is Nantes ivory with ivory Sunbrella custom cushion cover.
- Owner’s mattress upholstery is Nantes ivory.
- Quilted mattress topper (for extra comfort) in Nantes ivory.
- Extra hooks to hang clothing and items.
- Upholstery on mattresses: Nantes ivory.
- Quilted mattress toppers for both beds (for extra comfort) in Nantes ivory.
- Extra hooks to hang clothing and items.
- X-Yachts mainsheet system led under deck to winches placed in each reach of helmsperson.
- Mainsail track in front of sprayhood for uncluttered cockpit.
- Furling forestay drum attached to bow fitting.
- Furling line led back to cockpit for easy handling.
- Deck organizer system for halyard and control lines led back to cockpit.
- Gennaker equipment with snuffer.
- Lazy jacks.
- Fractional double spreader, tapered silver anodised aluminium mast stepped on steel frame specially designed for Xc 42.
- Silver anodized boom with single line reefing and internal boom outhaul with control on boom, telescopic vang and outer purchase block system.
- Spectra halyards, sheets, and control lines led back to cockpit for easy handling.
- Split backstay fitted with single Navtec 10 integral backstay adjuster on starboard side and turnbuckle on port.
- Discontinuous rod rigging throughout with rod turnbuckles.
- Genoa winches, stainless steel, self-tailing, ANDERSEN 58ST.
- Mainsheet winches, stainless steel, self-tailing, ANDERSEN 46ST.
- Halyard winches, stainless steel, self-tailing, ANDERSEN 46ST (port winch electrical).
- Harken 10” bi-handle with lock winch handles.
- Mainsail halyard winch (Andersen) is electric.
- Five other Andersen winches.
- North Sails mainsail (SRP 2010) – condition very good.
- North Sails jib 108% with UV strip (SRP 2010) – condition very good.
- North Sails asymmetric spinnaker – condition excellent.
- Ronstan trackless batt car system (series 6).
- Anchor locker – drained with space for anchor chain.
- Gas springs fitted to all cockpit lockers (4 x).
- Teak cockpit table – folding with spring mechanism for ease in folding away.
- Aft pushpits in stainless steel with teak battened seats and integrated LED stern light.
- Bow pulpit in stainless steel with integrated LED navigation lights.
- Stainless steel A-frame at bow.
- Teak flag pole with bronze brushing.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Mooring cleats in stainless steel mounted fore and aft (and amidships) including 6 x stainless steel protection rails.
- Bow fitting in stainless steel with 2 x anchor rollers for standard anchor, forestay attachment.
- 20kg Delta with 50m x 10mm galvanised chain.
- Electrical anchor winch 1,500W – 12v on deck.
- Mooring lines.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sunbrella custom seat cushions.
- Sail cover.
- Bimini with custom side and stern flaps (sun protection).
- Gray canvas dodger.
Tender & Outboard:
- Outboard engine bracket.
- Davits to mount dinghy.
- Yamaha 240 cm L dinghy.
- Yamaha 2.5hp outboard.
- Space for 6-man liferaft in one of the large cockpit lockers.
- Pad eyes for safety harnesses mounted in cockpit.
- Safety lines around yacht perimeter for safety harnesses to clip onto.
- 2 x Lifeline gates (mounted each side at max beam).
- Dry Power (2kg each) fitted throughout yacht (3 x).
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
Badachro, Gairloch, Highlands, United Kingdom