- View Full Specifications
The BEST on the market...
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 395,000 Tax Paid (US$ 506,548)
YACHT DESCRIPTION: Xc 42, build number #62, commissioned 2012. White hull with dark grey hull stripes and 2.10m L-shaped keel. Standard aluminium mast and furling jib. Teak in cockpit, coachroof and side decks. Below decks she has three cabins, with two heads, classic layout with U-shaped galley and owner's v-berth forward. High level of cruising equipment.
OWNERS COMMENTS: The ultimate dream was to cruise on the Norwegian West coast and into the long fjords, be independent of marinas and anchor in idyllic fjords and at the small islands in the archipelago, all of which was achieved in 2014 aboard my Xc 42. The Xc model was an easy choice, because the focus from the start of the design was around yachts with long waterlines for best boat speed, extra high stability for safe and easy handling, and a large sail area for achieving boat speed in light airs. The Xc 42 with the high stability are very easy to handle in all conditions, I have sailed her in up to 30 kt TWS singlehanded over long distances and it has never letting me down, it is an extraordinarily safe and easy to handle yacht.
X-Yachts (GB) Ltd.
Sole Concessionaires for X-Yachts Sales, Service and Parts in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
+44 23 8045 3377
Please contact Stuart Abernethy at +44 (0)23 8045 3377
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 4 in
LWL: 37 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 9 in
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Year Built: 2012
Engine Model: D2-55
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 55 HP
- Built in sandwich construction with vinylester and polyester resins with structural compressed foam
- Outer surface of hull in white sprayed Gelcoat with 3 waterlines in dark grey Gelcoat
- Hull moulded in female moulds for highest quality surface finish
- Structural bulkhead in marine plywood varying in thickness from 16-30 mm
- Steel frame - hot-galvanised, high strength, laminated into hull to absorb all loads from keel mast and rigging
- Single point hoist for easy and safe lifting and launching of the yacht
- Bathing platform incorporated in transom port with electrical hoisting and lowering system
- Bathing ladder in stainless steel mounted onto bathing platform
- Continuous stainless steel rail protection mounted on sheerline
- ** non-standard collision bulkhead installed under anchor box, with water drain and Valve
- Built in sandwich construction with vinylester and polyester resins with structural compressed foam
- Bi-directional E-glass strategically positioned for strength and weight optimization
- Teak, vacuum applied, 9 mm nominal thickness on side decks
- Teak, vacuum applied, 9 mm nominal thickness on coach roof top
- Teak bulwark
- ** Gas locker in port aft locker hinged for better use of space
Sail Handling - (Deck)
- Genoa winches electrical, stainless steel, self-tailing, ANDERSEN 58STE
- Mainsheet winches, stainless steel, self-tailing, ANDERSEN 46ST
- Halyard winches, stainless steel, self-tailing, ANDERSEN 46ST, (port winch electrical)
- Mainsail track in front of spray hood for uncluttered safe cockpit
- Furling forestay drum attached to bow fitting. Furling line led back to cockpit for easy handling
- Genoa tracks mounted on deck with Genoa cars and control lines fitted
- Mast collar in stainless steel including tie rods with stand-up blocks mounted and secured to deck
- Deck organiser system for halyard and control lines led back to cockpit
- Sail handling Pack 1 consisting of: Gennaker equipment including 2 Spectra sheets, 2 Ronstan spinnaker blocks, 2 Ronstan cleats and 2 Wichard sheet shackles"
- ** Jib barberhaul with S/S protection
Guard rail / Anchor equipment / Stainless steel fittings - (Deck)
- Lifelines with stainless steel stanchions mounted on the bulwark
- Lifeline gates - mounted each side at max beam
- Aft pushpits in stainless steel with teak battened seats and integrated LED stern light
- Bow pulpit in stainless steel with integrated LED navigation lights
- Anchor 25 kg Delta with upgraded length of 75 m x 10 mm galvanized chain
- Electrical anchor winch 1500W - 12 V on deck
- Mooring cleats in stainless steel mounted fore and aft; and amidships, including stainless steel protection rails
- Pad eyes for safety harnesses mounted in cockpit
- Windscreen - curved aluminium frame with toughened glass. Sprayhood in light grey canvas, fitted to top edge of windscreen.
- Cockpit tent in light grey, canvas added to light grey sprayhood to enclose cockpit
- Stern anchor - selftailing anchor winch (1000W) with 15 kg Bruce type anchor mounted on foldable anchor arm with 75 m lead anchor warp, including remote control
- GRP locker in stb aft locker for the 75 m lead line for aft anchor
- A frame in stainless steel with teak planking and tack attachment point for optional asymmetric spinnaker, designed to fit around the standard bow fitting
- Bow boarding ladder in stainless steel
- Teak outboard engine bracket mounted on aft pushpit
- Davits to mount dinghy on transom.
- Hand rail in stainless steel on forward end of cockpit table
- Padeyes 2 pcs in each 2 cockpit lockers for fastening extra equipment
- **Wheel crash bars in tubular stainless steel with instrument box for bow thruster control, bathing platform control, throttle control at port wheel
Mast & Rigging
- Fractional double spreader, tapered silver anodized aluminium mast stepped on steel frame and specially designed for Xc 42
- Silver anodized boom with 2 pcs single line reefing systems, internal boom outhaul purchase system and telescopic vang with outer purchase system, all lines back to cockpit.
- Mast steps x 4
- Tricolour mast head light including anchor light, LED, windex light
- Steaming light
- Aluminium spinnaker pole with long track that allows the pole to be stored at the mast and adjustable car on mast
- Lazy Jacks mounted on mast and boom including hooks, cleats on mast and rope
- Spinnaker pole topping lift.
- ** Code 1 halyard 2:1 SK92 spectra
- ** Spreader lights, illuminating an ellipse approx 3x5m on each side deck.
- ** S/S rod protection on mast for steaminglight and top of spinn pole
- Keel consists of antimony hardened lead bulb bolted and glued to cast iron fin for high strength, low centre of gravity and comfortable sailing performance. Keel securely bolted to steel frame
- Keel protected with epoxy and fibreglass
- Standard draft of 2.10m
- ** Keel to hull join fibre glassed instead of the standard flexible sealant, for a perfect seal and finish - see picture.
- ** Rudder fitted closer to the hull than standard
- First class craftsmanship characterises wooden interior with minimum number of visible screws
- Pre-selected, top grade teak veneer throughout yacht, hand polished and varnished to satin finish
- Bulkheads in various thickness bonded to hull
- Bulkheads with teak surfaces, polished and varnished satin finish
- GRP deck head liner with integrated light fittings
- Floorboards of 20 mm marine plywood with imitated teak and Gaboon plywood inlay stripes and inspection hatches to access bilge
- Spring mattress with mattress topper in owner's cabin
- Higher than standard acrylic door in owners shower apartment
- Leather in main cabin and seat in owners cabin - colour cream - condition excellent.
- ** Starboard cabin cabinet with custom storage for wine and water glass, tea cups, and plates - see picture.
- ** Stowage space under the floorboards for vegetables in galley
- Seacocks and through hull fittings, naval bronze ball valve type, flush mounted
- Fresh water in stainless steel tanks (503 l) below saloon sole. VDO analogue tank level gauge, inspection hatch and deck fill
- Hot water tank Isotherm 40 l.
- Holding tank, 60 l, with tank level watch fitted to both heads with self-draining outlet and deck outlet
- Pressurized freshwater system for hot and cold water throughout yacht
- Central bilge incorporated in keel structure
- Electrical bilge pump with sensor and manual ON/OFF or automatic switch at Nav station
- Manual bilge pump mounted in cockpit
- Additional manual bilge pump mounted inside aft cabin with long hose
- Deck shower fitted at bathing platform with hot/cold freshwater
- Separate shower bilge pump for each heads
- Fridge, Isotherm 85 litres front opened with ASU start-up technology and Secop/Danfoss cooling compressor fitted
- Accumulator plate, Isotherm SP upgraded to Isotherm Magnum refrigeration unit that can cool and freeze
- ** Extra fine filter for coolingwater for Magnum freezer
- Microwave oven with stainless steel front fitted in galley
- Electrical gas switch with solenoid valve fitted to the standard gas installation
- Fresh water outlet in anchor locker to rinse deck and anchor chain
- Heating system - Eberspächer D5 with 6 outlets in saloon, cabins and aft & fwd head
- 12 V DC system throughout yacht
- X-Yachts main switch board with 27 automatic fuses and 3 analogue VDO meters
- 12 V DC system for main engine installation
- Combined deck and steaming light fitted
- All cabling terminates in “dry” GRP box fitted behind main electrical panel for added safety
- AGM batteries (total 520 Ah@12 V) securely mounted under main cabin sofa (4 x 130Ah)
- Separate engine spiral-cell battery (55 Ah, 12 V) mounted near main engine for starting of engine and generator only
- Shore power installation with 10 Amp shore power inlet socket mounted in cockpit. 230V AC distribution box with ground fault circuit breaker and 230 V AC socket mounted at navigation station
- 12 V halogen lights fitted for general purpose below deck throughout cabins
- 12 V outlet in aft cockpit locker
- Mastervolt Charger and inverter 12V/2000W/100A including MICC controller
- 220V sockets - 5 (powered by shore power or inverter)
- Galvanic Isolator to prevent stray current corrosion
- Cockpit floor red LED lights red - 4 pcs
Electronics / Navigation Equipment / Entertainment
- B&G H3000 base pack including 3 x instruments mounted in garage over companionway. GPS, speed, depth, temperature, wind vertical transducers
- B&G CPU upgraded to Hercules system.
- B&G Autopilot pack with 1 Ram T2-12 V, 1 x instrument mounted in centre console of cockpit table, 1 x pilot computer, 1 gimballed rate compass
- B&G OP 40 Keyboard for the monitor to control the Zeus 12 from nav station in cabin
- B&G Plotter 12” Zeus mounted in the centre console of the cockpit table
- Polar diagram in input to B&G system
- VHF with handset and loudspeaker mounted in the centre console of the cockpit table, VHF antenna in mast top , AIS Simrad NAIS 300 Class B, AIS antenna on lower spreader
- Monitor at Nav station in cabin for Zeus 12 (colour quality not perfect)
- Multimedia centre, AM/FM/CD/DVD fitted in main cabin near navigation station. Loudspeakers mounted in main cabin
- LED, Samsung TV 32” fitted in main cabin, TV connected to Multimedia system
Engine & Fuel Tank
- Main engine Volvo 55 HP 4 cylinder water cooled diesel engine with S-Drive
- Engine Hours - 881 hrs (correct February 2016)
- Special engine room with sound insulation ensures low noise level in yacht
- Engine easily accessible for service from front through companionway steps and from side through removable panels in aft cabins
- Upgrade of propeller to 3-bladed Gori
- Engine control panel placed in starboard cockpit coaming. Engine throttle mounted on crash bar in front of port wheel, for ease of use.
- Tank in aluminium for fuel in port aft cabin. VDO analogue level gauge, baffles, inspection hatches, separator incl. filter and shut-of valve and deck fill (220 l)
Bow Thruster & Generator
- Bow thruster - Max Power Compact Retractable 12V (4,79 kW) with control at port wheel for ease of use.
- ** Bowtruster hatch fitted perfectly - see picture.
- Fisher Panda generator 4800i, 4 kW fitted in service compartment behind main engine.
- Generator hours - 88 hrs (correct February 2016)
- All by North Sails in 2012. Serviced yearly.
- Mainsail, Norlam Dyneema SRP75, 5 full battens and 2 reefs, overhead leechcord. Ronstan track on mast for compact stack height. Condition - Good.
- Furling Jib, 108%, Dyneema, with painted UV leech protection and vertical battens. Condition - Good.
- Gennaker G2 with snuffer. Condition - Very Good.
- Code 1, kevlar with Ronstan code 1 furler system. Condition - Very Good.
Extra / Accessories
- Freeboard fender protection in grey canvas
- Forestay cover in grey canvas
- Boom cover in grey canvas
- Instrument cover for pedestals in grey canvas
- Wheel covers in grey canvas
- Cockpit table and instrument console cover in grey canvas
- Polyester strap and galvanized shackle for centre point hoist.
- RIB 2.7m with aluminium floor
X-Yachts (GB) Ltd. offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his surveyor to investigate such details. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from X-Yachts GB & Ireland
Unknown, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Hamble Point Marina, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom