- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Panama, United States
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 1,395,000
$155,000 Price Reduction - Offers encouraged!
After 36 years and over 1,100 Southerly's sailing the world, the Southerly swing keel is the leader in design and engineering. The weight of the grounding plate and of the keel improves the righting moment, the safety, the stability and the performance of the yacht.
Superyacht designer Ed Dubois was commissioned to work alongside Northshore’s in-house design team to create the Southerly 57RS – the Flagship of the Southerly line.
This sleek, stunning and powerful blue water yacht is designed and built to take you anywhere. All primary functions are powered and with a working sail plan of main and self taking jib, sail handling could not be made easier. For light or downwind sailing you can quickly power up with the overlapping genoa.
The Southerly 57's Swing Keel system gives this yacht a capability not enjoyed by other yachts. There are many advantages to this swing keel and the fact that the keel completely retracts inside the hull. When all the way down the foil shaped keel delivers a 10' 9" draft and the upwind pointing ability of many racing yachts.
At the touch of a button the keel can be raised at any time to any depth from 10' 9" to just 3' 6". When all the way up this yacht is designed and built so she can even sit on the bottom when the tide goes out! If you have shallow water at your dock – you don’t even need 4 feet to keep this lovely yacht there.
"Tal'Lira's" owners thoughtfully planned and equipped this luxurious yacht. She has crossed the Atlantic once and is ready and capable to take you wherever you want to go!
Please contact us now for more details and pictures of this very fine yacht!
Tal'Lira spent several months with us here in Annapolis, Maryland and we know this yacht well.
S&J Yachts have been the U.S. Dealers for Southerly Yachts for 5 years. We know these yachts well. For more information on Southerly Yachts and on our company visit our website www.SJYACHTS.com .
I am available on my cell phone 410 971-1071 to answer any questions you may have. Please call me Jack Malatich.
Please contact Sharon and Jack Malatich at (410) 971-1071
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Northshore Yachts
Designer: Dubois Naval Architects
Flag of Registry: Panama
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 58 ft 2 in
Beam: 17 ft 1 in
LWL: 52 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 9 in
Displacement: 58755 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 18409 lbs
Total Power: 140 HP
Engine Brand: VW TDi
Engine Model: 140-5BW
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1100
Engine Power: 140 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (228 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (309 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (105 Gallons)
SOUTHERLY 57 SAIL MAGAZINE BEST BOAT WINNER 2011
In 2011 SAIL Magazine awarded the Southerly 57 as the Best Boat Winner for flagship monohulls. Following is an excerpt from their announcement.
"One day you might be power-reaching across an ocean, logging double-digit speeds under a massive A-sail set on a retracting bowsprit. On another day you may be tacking effortlessly up a narrow channel, putting the helm over and watching the self-tacking jib slam across its track, enjoying the windward bite and responsive steering of a deep-drafted performance cruiser. Or you may have nosed up to a beach, the boat sitting upright on the hard sand as the tide recedes, your children playing in the shadow of the sleek hull.
If you own a Southerly 57RS all this and more is possible, which is why we had no hesitation in singling this boat out from a strong group of contenders. Designed by Ed Dubois and built in Britain by Northshore Yachts, the 57RS is the flagship of a line of strong, seaworthy and well-crafted variable-draft sailboats. It is a bluewater-capable cruiser with a difference."
The interior style is traditional in its practicality. The contemporary styling creates a fresh and modern feel throughout the yacht.
Rhoades Young was commissioned to work alongside the in-house design team to create a seamless interior - very careful space planning, extended diagonal sight lines and views beyond the cabin boundaries create an illusion of space which leaves the interior feeling light and airy. The overriding impression is of light and space, with connection between inside and out through extensive windows both the sides and forward, affording commanding views when relaxing in the raised salon. Numerous opening hatches provide cross ventilation.
"Tal' Lira" has lovely Birch joinery accented with teak creating a light and elegant feel to the interior. The blue ultraleather upholstery provides a striking accent. The 3 cabin layout boasts a supremely spacious aft master stateroom. A large forward guest stateroom and mid-ships cabin provides excellent accommodations for guest and crew.
Following are some of her interior features and equipment:
- 4 zone Reverse cycle air conditioning 46,000 BTU
- Hot air heating system with 6 outlets
- Concertina blinds fitted in raised coach roof area
- Remote control operation of front window blinds
- Rollershade screens to all hatches
- Teak & Holly flooring
- LED Interior lighting
- 26" HD TV flush mounted in salon
- 32" HD TV flush mounted in master stateroom
- Glomex TV antenna at mast head
- Blu-Ray DVD player built into joinery
- 3 zone sound system w/wireless control-interface with iPod/mp3
- Tecma electric toilet
- Jabsco manual toilet
- Holding tanks
- Miele Washer/Dryer
- Watermaker - 95 liters/hr
- Custom fitted bedsheets and underlayers
The large galley is forward of the salon in a lower position for comfort at sea. It includes all the appliances and fixtures one would expect on a yacht of this caliber with large surfaces and a well considered layout.
As you can see in some of the pictures, there is an abundance of storage lockers and cupboards. In addition, there are 2 very well positioned pull out pantry's with numerous shelves for storage.
The galley has a large working area, yet is shaped to provide safety. The partially open back to the salon seating allows the chef to still partake with his or her guests.
More details follows:
- Front loading stainless steel refrigerator
- Front loading freezer, drawer units
- Keel cooled refrigeration/freezer units
- 4 burner stove w/oven
- Fischer Paykel Dishwasher
- Kenmore trash compactor
- Southerly china and glasses
- Twin SS sinks with fitted chopping board
- Chrome freshwater foot pump
- Aquafilta water filter
SAILS & RIGGING
The Southerly 57 is primarily designed for easy handling, and can be sailed by just 2 people. The tall powerful rig with swept back spreaders will keep the yacht sailing fast, with minimum effort. The double head sail is suitable for most wind conditions; the self-tacking jib allows you to sail easily on short tacks without any effort - ideal for coastal cruising. The overlapping genoa enhances upwind performance in light airs and together, the double headsail is perfect for downwind trade wind sailing.
- Selden Triple Spreader mast with a double headsail rig
- Powered in-mast furling mainsail
- Powered hydraulic outhaul drive in boom
- Powered Genoa furling head stay
- Powered Jib furling inner stay
- Upgraded sails – Dyneema SRP Mainsail, Jib and Genoa
- Lewmar 48 powered halyard winches port and starboard
- Lewmar 54 powered main sheet winch and jib sheet winch
- Lewmar 68 powered (2 speed) Genoa sheet winches
- Hydraulic boom vang and backstay
- Carbon spinnaker pole with vertical mast stowage
NAV & EQUIPMENT
The nav area is conveniently situated at the base of the companionway on the port side. This area is raised as is the salon, allowing you to see outside. A large comfortable swivelling helm seat with fold down arm rests locks you in place.
- Raymarine nav pack: 3 x E125 plotters, 7 x i70, 2 x P70, 1 x SPx30 & Pilot drive, 1 x ST600R remote
- AIS 650
- HD radar scanner
- Fleet Broadband, Sailor FB250
- Wi-FI amplifier WL510
- Video splitter to allow video from mast mounted camera to show on multiple plotter displays
- Raystar 130 Satellite differential mounted on coach roof
- External VHF speaker
- Loud hailer for Icom 423 fitted at helm
- Icom Command Mic external handset
- Globesurfer 3G router, mobile broadband mast mounted
- Ray Cam 100 Day & Night video fitted at mast facing foredeck
- Lopo LED nav lights
ENGINE & ELECTRICAL
- VW 140hp diesel
- Mathers electronic gear controls at both helm stations
- Aqua Drive unit
- 4 blade Max prop & rope cutter
- Cummins Onan 220v 9.6 kw 50Hz Generator (1040 hours)
- Can bus distribution system AMG 24v
- Mastervolt 110v / 220v 5Kw transformer (New 2013)
- Softstart (New 2013)
- Mastervolt 24 / 12v dc converter
- 10 x AGM Slimline 185Ah each (24v - 925Ah in total)
- Dedicated 12v battery system in addition to standard, includes 225Ah battery and dedicated charger
- Additional Mastervolt battery charger for larger battery bank
- Additional shore supply with changeover switch
KEEL, DECK & EQUIPMENT
The hull is characterised by a long waterline, fine entry and beam carried aft to ensure the highest degree of performance, comfort, stability and safety. The beautifully sleek stylish lines of the raised pilot house coachroof exudes sophistication and elegance, normally only seen on much larger yachts. The large fold down transom door gives access to a large stowage area, ideal for a dinghy or diving equipment. When the door is lowered it makes a great bathing platform and provides good access for boarding.
The Swing Keel is an essential feature on a yacht of this size. While the deep draft of 10' 9" provides excellent windward performance, stability and good sail carrying capabilities, the extra depth is restrictive in marinas and around shorelines, etc. At the 'touch of a button' the keel can be raised to give a shallow draft of only 3' 6" - perfect for coastlines, low tides and those shallow waters that most all other sailboats cannot get into.
The aft cockpit is extremely spacious, yet secure with comfortable seating and a large cockpit table for entertaining guests in style. For convenience there is a refrigerated box in the table. A glass windscreen provides great visibility and extra protection from the elements. Covering the cockpit is a grand bimini creating a real outdoor room.
The twin wheeled helming position allows the helmsman to enjoy the powerful performance of the yacht, with dedicated areas for sail controls and sailing short handed. Further seating aft allows for guests to relax in comfort, while enjoying all round views.
Additional features, equipment:
- Bow & Stern Thrusters
- Lewmar Windlass with gypsy and drum, deck and helm switches and chain counter
- Stainless steel striking plate on bow, just below stem head fitting
- Stainless Steel Windscreen with 6mm safety glass and center opening window
- Dodger attaches to windscreen
- Large bimini with aft extension for privacy and additional shade
- Deck cover (New 2013)
- Cockpit cushions with seat backs
- Large Teak cockpit table with folding leaves and SS safety railing
- Low level LED cockpit lighting
- Cockpit down lighting and light fitted underside of boom
- Single Pulpit seats with teak slats fitted port and starboard
- Hydraulic Transom door opens to large storage garage and swim platform
- Deck shower with hot & cold fitted in transom
- Freshwater deck wash pump
- Tri-view vertical in hull port lights on both sides of aft cabin
- Copper coating on hull and keel
- Flo coat inside of hull up to waterline
- Canvas covers for helm stations, cockpit table
- 12 volt Dinghy inflator
- Teak outboard motor mount fitted aft
- 6 man Ocean canister life raft - mounted on stern pushpit
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Annapolis, MD, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Trintella Ron Holland Design
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
52 Sport Coupe
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Hilton Head, SC, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States