- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 635,000
SOUTHERLY YACHTS - Best Shoal Draft Blue Water Boats
Have you ever dreamed of sailing the Pacific? How about Fiji?
Great opportunity for you - Start the cruise of your dreams now in Fiji!
The current and original owner of "Viking" has sailed the Oceans - first the Atlantic to the U.S., than through the Panama Canal, across the Pacific to the Galapagos and is now in Fiji" .
"VIKING" - is the very last of the iconic S135's built.
The Southerly 135 (45') can go where most boats cannot with an extreme shoal draft of only 2 feet 9 inches. Just imagine where you can sail this boat and the safe harbors and anchorages you can enjoy. If you like you can even beach her! Having this variable draft ability is a real added bonus when needing to tuck in out of a storm. When in deep water, you can lower the keel with the push of a button to an impressive maximum draft of 9 feet 9 inches.
She is easily sailed by 1 or 2 people with in mast furling main, power winches and all lines led aft to the helm.
"Viking" has the desired raised salon layout, a separate seating alcove with table, a large galley, 3 staterooms, 2 heads and even a separate work room.
Some of the additional features and upgrades on this boat are as follows:
- Kevlar heavily reinforced bow and water tight bulkhead fwd
- Selden in-mast Furling Main
- Upgraded sails: Spectra Main and Genoa, Norlam Jib
- Power halyard winch
- Fisher Panda Generator
- Reverse Cycle Heat/Air
- Separate hot air heating system
- Raymarine electronics including 2 chartplotters
- Bow Thruster
- Electric Windlass
- LED lights
- Large stern rail seats
- Solar panels
- Washing machine
- Separate work room
Please contact us today for additional information and to arrange inspection of this exceptional cruising yacht!
S&J Yachts have been the U.S. Dealers for Southerly Yachts for 6 years. We know these yachts well. For more information on Southerly Yachts and on our company visit our website www.SJYACHTS.com .
I am available on my cell phone 410 971-1071 to answer any questions you may have or if you wish to schedule an appointment. Jack Malatich
Please contact Sharon and Jack Malatich at (410) 971-1071
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Northshore Yachts
Designer: Rob Humphreys
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 45 ft 6 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
LWL: 36 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 2 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 9 in
Displacement: 27708 lbs
Ballast: 9770 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 60 ft 0 in
Total Power: 54 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH4
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2090
Engine Power: 54 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (150 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
"Viking" has 3 cabins and 2 heads and will sleep 8 people comfortably. Mahogany joinery. Numerous deck salon windows provide panoramic views and give you an instant feeling of space. In addition there are many ports and hatches which provide excellent lighting and ventilation. There is even a dedicated work/storage area.
Main Salon: The popular raised salon is a wonderful place to sit comfortably with generous seating for 6 people. Large salon windows provide great visibility and allow you to see what is going on around you. This area is very comfortable either underway or when entertaining. The salon table folds to provide a smaller coffee table or expands to make a dining table. The table also lowers to make an additional sleeping area when required. Storage is found under the seating and outboard in lockers. Concertina blinds can be drawn partially or completely over the salon windows for additional privacy.
There is a separate seating alcove on the starboard side forward of the main salon. This provides a pleasant area away from the main salon for some quite reading or for the kids to play a game. The table here folds down out of the way when not required. There is also an infill to convert this to a berth. Nice sized windows provide plenty of light and are suitably placed to see outside while seated.
Nav: Opposite the salon, on the starboard side is the nav area. For additional details see “Nav and Electronics” below.
Galley: The galley is amidships to starboard in a lower position for greatest comfort at sea. For further details see “Galley” below.
Owners Stateroom: The large master stateroom is very comfortable with plenty of light, good headroom and lots of room to move around. There is a large centerline berth with seating on either side, convenient outboard shelves, and a private ensuite head. The berth is split for a lee cloth. Opposite the berth is a bookshelf with drawers below. With 4 opening ports and a large hatch there is very good light and ventilation. In addition, there are numerous overhead lights and reading lights. Additional storage is provided by a large hanging locker and another outboard locker with shelves.
Forward Cabin: The forward cabin has a long v-berth with a filler and private access to the "day" head. Plenty of light and ventilation is provided by a large hatch overhead, 2 opening ports and 2 additional ports. Curtains cover the ports for privacy and there is screen/shade to cover the hatch. There is lots of storage throughout this area; enclosed locker forward, shelves outboard, drawers, hanging locker, and more under the berth.
Third Cabin: Forward of the salon on the port side is a third cabin with upper and lower berths. There are lee cloths for both berths. There is storage inboard (2 large lockers) and an L-shaped counter.
Two Heads: Both have been upgraded to Johson Aqua-T electric heads. The guest or day head is located just forward of the third cabin on the port side. Features include; nice sized basin, large mirror, opening port, outboard lockers and a comfortable seat which covers the head allowing you to sit when showering. There are 2 doors; 1 private from the guest ahead and the other opposite the third cabin.
The aft head is ensuite to the master stateroom and has an extractor fan with a two way switch, large basin, mirror, opening port, and outboard lockers as well. There is another door through this head that leads to a separate work area.
Work Room: There is a separate stand up work room with a work bench outboard and room for storing some larger items. From this room there is good access to the generator fwd and also additional access to the engine, plumbing, and electronics. In this room is also the washing machine. Access to this room is 2 ways - from the master head and also steps from the cockpit locker above.
- Reverse cycle Heat/Air 16,000BTU
- Hot air programmable heating system with 5 outlets (salon, each cabin and aft head)
- Concertina blinds for deck salon windows
- Curtains on all ports
- Screens/shades for all large overhead hatches
- Curtains on most ports
- Gauges for all tanks (fuel, water, holding)
- Radio/CD/MP3 stereo system with 2 speakers
- Remote control for stereo system in cockpit with waterproof speakers
- Upgrade to LED interior lights
- Watermaker: Spectra Catalina 300 MPC 12.5 gph
- Holding tank system for both heads pump to sea or into tank
- Eumenia Single Nova washing machine
- 2 Safes
The spacious inline galley is located on the starboard side aft of the salon at a lower level. This location lessens the motion and provides more stability for the cook when at sea. A grab bar runs the length of the galley for added safety. Lots of storage is found outboard in both enclosed lockers and open shelves. Additional counter space, a microwave and more storage is found inboard.
- Refrigeration, keel cooled
- Separate freezer with 50-60L capacity
- Force 10 3 burner stove w/oven
- SS Microwave
- Saltwater recessed foot pump
- Two sinks
- Aquafilta water filter
- Garbage bin fitted in galley worktop
- Gas solenoid switch with gas and CO detector
NAV & ELECTRONICS
The nav station is conveniently located at the base of the companionway to stbd and has full outside visibility. A comfortable nav seat has an additional benefit in that it swivels. The nav table is large with storage under. Additional storage is found under the chart table and outboard.
- Raymarine C90W chartplotter at helm
- Raymarine C140W chartplotter at nav
- Comar AIS Class B receiver and transponder
- Raymarine 18" scanner fitted on scanstrut
- Raystar 125 satellite GPS antenna mounted to coachroof
- Raymarine ST60+: Speed, depth and wind indicators in cockpit with repeater at chart table
- Raymarine ST6002+ autopilot with controls at the helm & the nav
- Iridium phone w/2 handsets and 2 lines
- Raymarine Ray55E VHF radio
- RayMic hand mike for VHF in cockpit
- External speaker for VHF
- Secondary VHF antenna fitted on scanstrut
- Scanstrut pole mounted on aft deck
- Small ground plate for groundplane receiver
- Insulated backstay for SSB
- Push button keel control and keel position indicator at helm
SAILS & RIGGING
The Seldén rig is well thought out, the Furlex roller-furling double headsail system is easy to handle, and the placement of sheet leads makes single handling a snap. The steering is finger-touch smooth, and with the keel fully down, the vessel tracks very well. She exhibits neither the quick, jerky motion of a lightweight raceboat nor the bargelike undulations of a full-sectioned heavy-displacement cruiser.
- Selden inmast furling main. Tall rig.
- Furling assymetric G1 Gennaker
- Furling Jib, upgraded sail to Norlam
- Main & Genoa, upgraded sails to Spectra
- Furlex furler for double head sail rig (Genoa & self-tacker)
- Lewmar electric halyard winch
- Mainsheet track conveniently located just aft of the cockpit providing easy access for the helmsman
- Rod steering
- Rodkicker boom vang
- Stainless steel bowsprit for Gennaker.
- Vertical mast stowage for spinnaker pole
- Parasailor (available but is sold separately)
ENGINE & ELECTRICAL
Yanmar 4JH4 54 HP diesel engine has been well maintained and is very clean. Good access to both engine and generator. There is even a separate work room with a bench and room to store large items.
- Fisher Panda 4000S Generator 3.4kw
- Mastervolt Mass Combi 12/2000W - 100A inverter/charger
- Mastervolt Masterview easy battery monitor
- 4 AGM batteries
- 12v 25amp socket in cockpit
- 240v ring main
- 110v supply point (for topping up batteries)
- 3 Photovoltaic solar panels on coachroof (195 watts total)
- Max 3 blade feathering prop with rope cutter
HULL AND DECK FEATURES & EQUIPMENT
Hull: Hand laid up heavy duty GRP molding, incorporating multi-axial and unidirectional reinforcements for strength and impact resistance. The hull is cored above the water line for insulation and weight reduction and is solid glass below. Thickness increases progressively toward the keel area. The keel box is an integral part of the hull layup. There is a substantial skeg fitted on centerline to protect the propeller and rudders when the yacht is dried out.
Swing Keel: The Swing Keel (this is not a centerboard) can be easily raised and lowered with just the push of a button and stopped anywhere in between. When raised the draft is only 2' 9" - just imagine where you can go? When lowered, the keel is an impressive 9 feet 9 inches, considerably deeper than all other similar sized cruising yachts. The additional draft enhances both performance and stability.The push button control as well as a gauge to show the keel position is fitted at the pedestal.
Deck: The decks are teak. Raised teak capped bulwarks provide extra comfort and safety. Forward is a stainless steel stem head fitting with twin bow rollers and a below deck windlass. There is a very nice large aft deck ideal for lounging and sunning yourself. On either side of the pushpit are large stern rail seats.
Cockpit: Comfortable safe center cockpit. Portside cockpit locker has steps leading down to a work area and quick access to the engine and generator. The transom has sugar scoop steps and a SS bathing ladder.
Additional features as follows:
- Heavy Kevlar reinforcement from bow section to mast bulkhead (custom for this boat)
- Collision bulkhead to sail locker/fwd cabin (custom for this boat)
- Bow thruster
- Antifoul - copper coating
- Lewmar electric windlass w/gypsy. Deck switch and remote at helm
- Teak rubbing strake wiht SS strip
- Custom extended stem head fitting for Rocna anchor
- Rocna anchor; 25kg with 70m of chain, 30m rode
- Fortress anchor
- 2 Deck wash downs (bow and stern)
- Dodger with suede grab bar
- Free standing Bimini with custom 1.5" SS supports. Also acts as safety hand rail.
- Partial cockpit enclosure w/ 2 side clear panels
- Teak cockpit table
- Cockpit cushions
- Teak seat to fwd pulpit
- Large teak stern rail seats
- Deck shower, hot and cold, on transom platform
- Suede wheel cover
- Kedge warp rollers on aft deck edge
- Liferaft, 6 person
- Dinghy, 9 foot
- Mercury 9.9 hp outboard and Yamaha 2.5 hp outboard
- Davits - Cooney LSD 125 swivelling davits (available but not installed on the boat)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Annapolis, MD, United States
Charleston, SC, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Charleston, SC, United States