- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 1,250,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 1,528,000)
Ron Holland good looks, a Tardis above and below decks and powerful sailing performance. Once in code, this Kestrel 106' would be an epic charter yacht too.
For more information on this vessel, please contact Sue Grant at our Lymington office on the numbers below.
Please contact Sue Grant at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Aganlar Tersanesi, Turkey
Designer: Ron Holland Design & Kestrel Superyachts Ltd
LOA: 106 ft 0 in
Beam: 22 ft 0 in
LWL: 71 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 9 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 6 in
Displacement: 96000 kgs
Total Power: 394 HP
Engine Brand: Scania
Engine Model: DI1259M
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 394 HP
Number of single berths: 10
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 5
KESTREL is an astonishingly voluminous yacht, offering 4 double cabins for guests with separate crew accommodation together with a small crew mess forward, and a large deck saloon. Her aft deck has a vast area for alfresco eating as well as ample room to sunbath and great access to the sea for swimming or using the onboard toys.
She has a handsome hull shape and a powerful rig plan making her easy to sail and offering a surprising turn of speed.
Down below a large engine room houses all the ship’s systems and there is super access for maintenance as needed.
She also has a galley that is set up for entertaining and she is a very usable yacht for both private and charter use.
KESTREL is now surplus to requirements and her asking price reflects this fact. Her current owners have enjoyed her enormously but their plans have changed. The photographs within this specification were taken of the yacht in full cruising trim when she was in full commission.
She was built to MCA LY2 standards and would make a superb charter yacht or a great family yacht for Mediterranean and Caribbean adventures. Her recent build means that her equipment and systems are modern and well-conceived.
Naval Architect: Ron Holland Design.
Exterior Designer: Ron Holland Design.
Interior Designer: Ron Holland Design & Kestrel Superyachts Ltd.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
RINA Yacht Class C – HULL.MACH Ych (MCA).
MCA coded for LY2 within 60 miles of safe haven (not in date)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Aluminium hull, rigs and superstructure.
- Teak laid decks, coachroof and cockpit areas
Keel & Rudder:
- Simrad rudder angle indicator.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Scania DI1259M with twin disc. 294 kW – 394hp.
- With a PTO to the bowthruster only, but once pressure has been put into the system, the other hydraulic appliances can also be used.
- Twin disc MG5114A gear box.
- 500 litre lub oil.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: 2,040.4 as of 17-08-16.
- Approx. 10 knots at 1500 RPM under engine, 8 knots at 1100 RPM. Fuel consumption (main engine) – approx. 50 LPH at 1500 RPM, 35 LPH at 1100 RPM.
- Main Engine Approx. – 1500 nautical miles at 10 knots, 1700 at 8 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Four bladed Brunton Aquaprop folding propeller.
- Lewmar Whitlock Mamba torque rod and gearbox system.
- Hydraulic tunnel type Lewmar 400 TAH 50hp bowthruster.
- 230v 50Hz A.C. system, 1 x 24v D.C. system – three phase system for air conditioning chiller and 5kW hydraulic motor.
- AC and DC switchboards.
- Synoptic panel.
- 12 x 2 volt gel traction service batteries, capacity 1,500 amps @ 10 hour discharge rate.
- 2 x 200 Amps 12 v batteries for buffer bank/emergency radio battery bank.
- 12 v engine cranking batteries.
- 24v generator cranking batteries.
- 2 x MASS 24/5000-1 Victron Quattro Combi inverter/chargers.
- 9824220BL Balmar alternator.
- Type – 28EFOZD Kohler generator – 230/400v – 50Hz – 51Amps – 28kW – 35KVA. 3 Phase.
- Generator Approx. – 7 LPH.
- 2 x Single phase shore power supply @ 13kVA with auto transfer soft start for 110 & 230 volts.
Fresh Water Pumps:
- 2 x Gianneschi 24V - 0.75kW - 2800rpm fresh water pumps.
- 25/1200, 4500 Lt per day.
- 24V - 1.5kW - 1300rpm.
- Central sump in pump room.
- No automatic pumping.
- Total capacity of 7,400 litres in 2 x tanks.
- Total capacity of 3,200 litres in 2 x tanks.
Grey/Black water holding tanks:
- Grey water capacity of 2,000 litres in 2 x tanks.
- Black water capacity of 1,650 litres in 2 x tanks.
- Simrad NSE12 Mutli-function Displays x 2.
- Simrad GS15 GPS Antenna.
- Simrad 6KW Digital Radar Scanner.
- Simrad AP28 Autopilot Display and Control.
- Simrad AC42 Autopilot Computer.
- Simrad AC42 Rate Compass.
- Simrad RF300/RF25 Rudder Feedback.
- Simrad IS20 Rudder Indicator Display.
- Navico NAIS Transceiver.
- Simrad IS20 Graphic Display x 2.
- Simrad IS20 Wind Display.
- Simrad RS87 VHF Radio and handset x 2.
- Simrad AXIS Handheld VHF x 2.
- Icom M801GMDSS MF/HF Radio Set and ATU.
- Fleet Broadband SAT phone and Antenna.
- Furuno NX300 Navtex.
- Navico 406 MHz EPIRB.
- Navico SART.
- Seatel Coastal 24” SAT TV Antenna and Multiswitch.
- Siemens Halogen 4 burner hob.
- Siemens s/s oven.
- Siemens electric grill.
- Siemens extraction hood.
- Siemens built-in Microwave oven.
- Broan waste compactor.
- ISE 44 sink waste disposal unit.
- Siemens integrated dishwasher.
- Siemens washing machine/Drier.
- 2 x Siemens refrigerators.
- 2 x Franke s/s galley sinks.
- Corian worktop, Hans Grohe mixer taps.
- Tecma – fresh water.
Heating and Ventilation:
- 2 x Gianneshi 230V - 200lt - 1.5kW heaters.
- BTU/h 96.000 air conditioning system. Including 3 in crew cabins – there are 10 outlets.
- 6 (inc. 1 x in crew) x Sony Bravia televisions.
- Bose sound system with aux lead for sound input in saloon only.
- A mix of LED and halogen.
Summary of Accommodation:
- The yacht boasts luxurious accommodation for 8/10 guests in 4 cabins.
- OWNER The full-beam master suite lies aft of the main salon with en-suite heads compartment, study and seating areas.
- GUESTS The VIP suite lies forward with en-suite heads compartments and spacious living area; two twin guest cabins with en-suite heads compartments lie amidships with each providing a further Pullman over the inboard berth.
- MAIN SALOON with a large seating area to port with panoramic views from the saloon windows and a seating area to starboard. There is a flat screen TV on an electric lift as well as a navigation staton/watch keeping station to starboard forward. This is a comfortable area both at sea and at anchor
- CREW Two twin cabins forward with separate access onto the deck, heads compartment with shower, small crew mess and laundry space
- 2 x Safes.
- White sail area including genoa 519m2.
- White sail area excluding genoa 289m2.
- Aluminium 3-spreader main mast with jumper strut.
- Aluminium two-spreader mizzen mast with jumper strut.
- Aluminium boom with lazy jacks.
- Lewmar self-tacking jib track.
- Blocks, tracks, travelers and cars by Harken.
- Ketch rigged, furling self-tacking inner jib, furling genoa on bowsprit, fully battened main and mizzen sails.
- Rod standing rigging.
- Bamar hydraulic furler staysail.
- Bamar hydraulic furler to genoa.
- 2 x Lewmar 111/3HST three-speed hydraulic winches (2 x primary genoa).
- 2 x Lewmar 88/3HST three-speed hydraulic (mainsheet, self-tacking jib).
- 1 x Lewmar 58/HST two-speed hydraulic mizzen sheet winch.
- 1 x Lewmar 58/ST two-speed manual mizzen halyard (mounted on mast).
- 2 x Lewmar 77/2HST two-speed hydraulic winches to port and starboard of main mast.
- Cruising wardrobe by UK sails.
- Genoa reacher.
- Self-tacking staysail.
- Fully battened mainsail with 3 reefing points.
- Fully battened mizzen with 2 reefing points.
- Stainless steel Folding manual passerelle.
- Hydraulic opening transom boarding/bathing platform with teak decking, bathing ladder and shower.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Data hydraulic anchor windlass with twin gypsies and top rope warping drum.
- 75kg Fortress anchor in Lazarette
- 2 x 120 kg CQR anchors housed to each side of box in polished s/s rocker units, each with 120m chain.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Fold down windscreen, permanent fabric bimini with removable drop down sides.
Tender & Outboard:
- S/S stern davits for tender stowage.
- 4.8m RIB and 75HP Evinrude 2 stroke outboard on davits.
- Northstar 4.8m tender with Evinrude 75hp E-tech outboard engine and towing pylon.
- Wakeboard and bindings.
- Water skis.
- 2-man towing disc.
- In compliance with MCA category LY2 including a 2 x 12 man SOLAS Zodiac life raft but not warranted as in date.
- 2 x Jonbuoy man overboard recovery capsules.
- Inflatable Danbuoy, 2 x horseshoe lifebuoys, line throwing appliance.
- Folding Wichard harness eyes are removable jackstays.
- Firdell Radar reflector.
- General alarm.
- Fixed fire detection and fire alarm system.
- Remote CO2 fire extinguishing system to engine room, general fire extinguishers and fire blanket.
- 3 x fire hydrants and 3x 18m hoses with nozzels.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
En-route Canary Islands, Spain
Palma de Mallorca, Spain