- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- New Zealand
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 1,225,000
"Mermaid Explorer" was the first of the layout B in the N52 range. This layout accommodates two queen size cabins both with their own ensuites. As the lower cabins are accessed by a centrally aligned corridor directly from the saloon, the pilot house is full width and has two pilot house chairs side by side. In addition, "Mermaid Explorer" was the first N52 to be fitted with the N55 type stack, with styled wings instead of the earlier N47 stack
"Mermaid Explorer" has been lived aboard since she was commissioned and has been maintained by her owners to an exceptionally high standard. This is a rare opportunity to acquire a current, fully loaded, cruise-ready Nordhavn 52 at an attractive price, without the current new-build wait time of approximately eighteen months. As a further bonus, her equipment has been kept updated.
Located in New Zealand, "Mermaid Explorer" is completely ready to cruise the South Pacific, 5 days to New Caledonia (Noumea), then a hop skip and jump to Vanuatu and Fiji. 3 days to Australia.
Take advantage of New Zealand’s generous temporary import laws that allow the boat to be left in New Zealand for up to 24 months before any duties are applicable. Take the boat out of the country before the 24-month period expires and get another 24 months upon return. (only applicable to non-New Zealand resident owners). Ideal, keep your boat in New Zealand off season in relatively inexpensive top-class marinas and cruise in in the world most friendly and spectacular cruising grounds. Fuel in NZ is around US$0.75 a liter. (US$2.82 per US Gal) Other benefits may be available to a New Zealand buyer in terms of import duties.
For more information please contact James Leishman:
Please contact James Leishman at 949-496-4933
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Pacific Asian Enterprises
Designer: Jeff Leishman
LOA: 56 ft 4 in
Beam: 16 ft 1 in
LWL: 48 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 11 in
Displacement: 90390 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 7385 lbs
Total Power: 164 HP
Engine Brand: Lugger
Engine Model: 1066T.2
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3244
Engine Power: 164 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Fiberglass (400 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Fiberglass (1740 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
The single Lugger 1066T main engine is a time and distance tested Nordhavn configuration. With dry stack exhaust and the Nordhavn gravity feed fuel system, the propulsion system is the most reliable of any in service. It has been tested over many years and millions of cumulative miles, including those racked up over numerous transoceanic passages dating back to the introduction of the Nordhavn 46 in 1988.
The raw water pump on the main engine has been eliminated in the keel-cooled configuration. There is no raw (outside) cooling water intake in the closed circuit to ingest weed, plastic, or marine growth, and therefore, no rubber pump impeller to wear out or disintegrate.
Exhaust gas from the engine is discharged from the dry stack well above the deck and superstructure to eliminate the “station wagon effect” of pulling the exhaust along with the boat underway. Exhaust noise is diminished because of the absence of the “water-hammer effect” of the cooling water discharged with the gas at the waterline.
- Lugger 1066T.2 diesel engine rated at 165 hp at 2,400 rpm
- Engine has 24-volt 175-amp Leece-Neville large case alternator for house battery bank charging, plus 24-volt 40-amp small case alternator for engine start battery charging
- ZFW 220 main engine transmission with a 3.96:1 reduction gear
- Engine analog gauges and Murphy “Powerview” digital display
- 2-1/4" diameter Aquamet propeller shaft
- Spurs line cutter on main propeller shaft
- Propeller is a four-blade 34" diameter x 32" pitch bronze
- Main engine fuel filter is a Racor 75-900FGX2 (duplex) with valve-over capability from one side to the other
- Main engine has a guard rail fitted with custom stainless steel sliding tool tray and a tool box professionally mounted
- Lugger 844D 40 hp wing (“get-home” engine with dedicated propeller shaft and Gori folding propeller.)
- Wing engine has its own shaft and propeller. There is no cross-linking of power to the main shaft, which would be rendered ineffective if fouling of the main engine propeller would occur.
- Both wing and main engine have Morse cable controls. Control head and instrument panel are mounted in the pilothouse. If needed, the wing engine can be started and operated immediately from the pilothouse control station.
- 2 ea. 835 gal. fiberglass fuel storage tanks with man-sized access ports and internal removable baffles. Fuel supply pick-ups are at the bottom of each tank to create a simple gravity feed system. Each tank is fitted with a sight gauge.
- 1 ea. aluminum 70 gallon aluminum supply (manifold) tank fed by gravity from the storage tanks via ¾" supply lines. Supply tank has a water/debris sump with a drain and Racor water sensor connected to an alarm in the pilothouse, creating the first line of defense against contaminated fuel. As the lowest point in the fuel system, the supply tank provides a concentrated pick-up point for maximum usable fuel.
- Fuel transfer system draws from the bottom of each storage tank. System uses a Walbro fuel pump to move fuel from tank to tank, or a tank back to itself, through a Racor 900 fuel transfer filter.
- The wing engine tank is only filled via the fuel transfer system, ensuring that all the fuel in it is clean. Fuel to the wing engine is filtered through a Racor filter again in the supply line from the tank to the engine.
- Reverso oil change system plumbed to main engine, generator and wing engine
- Side Power 24-volt 10.7 HP bow and stern thrusters with controls in pilothouse, on flybridge and at cockpit control station
- Controls for the thrusters in the pilothouse and the flybridge.
- Air-conditioning – Marine Air 230-volt reverse cycle with digital controls with total of 60,000 Btu capacity – 2 x 12k for salon, 16k for pilothouse, 2 x 10k for staterooms
- ABT-TRAC 220 active fin stabilizers
- Steering system – Hynautic hydraulic, full size right angle stainless steel wheel.
- Steering system manifold is valved to accommodate the two Accu-steer autopilot pumps (The autopilot has two complete controllers one being in standby)
- Rudder stock is 2" in diameter supported at the upper end by a cutlass bearing and at the bottom by a bronze shoe
- Emergency tiller and cross-over valve for steering system back-up
- Central vacuum system (mounted in lazerette)
The engine room is insulated with 2" foil faced leaded foam, covered with aluminum perforated plate.
The maintenance strakes contoured into the hull underbody allows a flatter main engine shaft angle for propeller efficiency as well as increased space in the engine room to walk around the engine.
There is easy access to all systems in the engine room. The Lugger wing engine is to port and the Northern-Lights generator is to starboard.
There is a fresh water spigot in the engine room.
A stainless-steel railing around the engine provides security and supports a custom sliding tool tray secured to it along with a three-drawer tool box.
The lazarette is a large storage and machinery area accessible by a deck hatch in the cockpit and a door at the rear of the engine room. Cupboards and shelves port and starboard offer huge storage potential. "Mermaid Explorer" has six large plastic storage bins mounted in the center of the lazarette, with hold down straps and additional three bins again with straps to aft that house spares and cleaning products. The lazarette also houses the ASEA 12Kw voltage converter, the 5kW inverter, the water maker, the crane hydraulic pump and the central vacuum cleaner.
The onboard system is electrical system is 230VAC at 50Hz. With the ASEA 12Kw converter the vessel can be powered from any shower power voltage and at frequencies or either 50 or 60 Hz making it a truly international vessel. The ASEA converter at 12kW allow all on board systems to run at the same time. (i.e. all A/C’s, water pumps, lights water heaters etc.)
- LED overhead lighting in salon, master stateroom, guest staterooms and pilothouse in lieu of standard halogen lighting.
- Automatic LED lights in stateroom hanging cupboards and on all overhead cupboards on master staterooms
- 230-volt 50 Hz AC electrical system with inlets inside (forward) face of transom - one for ship’s service and one for dedicated air-conditioning service
- ASEA 12Kw solid state universal power converter to power the vessel from any 50 or 60Hz power source from 110 to 240 VAC i.e any electrical power internationally
- 750 watts at 24V solar panels mounted in professional frame above Bimini cover. Factory wired to TRISTAR MPPT 30A solar regulator in lazerette.
- 2 x 50’ 50-amp 125/250 shore power cord
- 1 x 30’ 50-amp 125/250 shore power chord
- 1 x Marinco “Y” cable to take 250 VAC supply from two 125VAC out of phase outlets (USA)
- 24-volt DC electrical system
- Electrical distribution panel in pilothouse with 24 and 12-volt, and 230-volt service, and battery volt and ammeters
- High current DC busses and most fuses are in a covered locker in the lazarette
- 12kW Northern Lights generator
- 5Kw Victron Quatrro inverter/charger
- Inverter bypass switch
- Olsun isolation transformer
- 6 ea. 8D AGM house batteries
- 2 ea. 8D main engine start battery
- 2 ea. 4D wing engine/generator start battery
- 2 each 8d AGM forward thruster batteries
- 2 each 8D aft thruster batteries
- Note pilothouse On/Auto/Off switches for forward and aft thruster batteries allow the thruster batteries to supplement the house bank to a total capacity of 1024Ah
- All underwater metal is bonded with 6 gauge. green wire
- Lightning ground – Forespar wand on masthead with #6 wire to a Guest Dynaplate on the hull
- 230 volt outlet in stack for battery charger to serve the tender battery charger and high pressure cleaner mounted within the stack
- Mach 5 pressure water system water pressure pump.
- 400 gallon, baffled, fiberglass tank laminated with FDA approved gelcoat surface. Wema tank level gauge.
- 110 gallon fiberglass gray water tank. The galley sink, shower sumps and washing machine all drain to it. There is a Tank Watch 4 level indicator and Sealand T-24 pump and manual back-up pump for evacuating tank through the hull where appropriate.
- Tecma toilets in master and guest heads – fresh water flush
- 120-gallon fiberglass black water tank with Tank Watch level indicator and T-24 electric pump and manual back-up pump for evacuating tank through the hull where appropriate. Tank also has deck discharge pipe.
- Village Marine Squirt 600 water maker 230-volt with auto-flush function and remote panel in pilothouse.
- Upgraded Torrid 20 gal. water heater operates on 230-volts or engine heat exchanger (mounted in lazerette)
- Scandvik hot/cold shower in cockpit
- Through hull functions are labeled
- 4 ea. fresh water wash-down spigots on foredeck, in cockpit, on boat deck and in engine room
- Karcher pressure washer mounted within the stack and with hoses capable of cleaning any part of the vessel.
The pilot house is full width in the version B build of the N52, this accommodates two helm chairs side by side, a large full width instrument panel, a generous night berth, teak “L shaped” dinette table and plenty of guest seating. A Sub-Zero fridge with ice maker makes for the pilot house an excellent entertainment area as well as a serious passage making command center.
- Forward raked wind screens for water shedding and pilothouse glare reduction
- 14 windows (Inc. Dutch door windows) provide light and panoramic view from the pilothouse
- Full width upper and lower instrument consoles for excellent instrument visibility
- Teak and spruce cabin sole
- Bound edge carpet with anti-skid back and 2" reveal all around
- 2 x Llebroc black leather Tradewinds helm chairs
- Teak dinette table
- Dinette settee
- Ultra-leather upholstery on all seating
- 12-volt outlet
- Port and starboard Dutch doors
- Fabric covered removable headliner panels, upholstered in “Doe”.
- Flush mounted overhead lighting
- AC/DC electrical distribution panel
- Generator control and instrument panel
- Inverter remote panel
- Solar panel regulator panel
- XM satellite tuner wired into the on-board audio system
- Custom computer power panel, computer USB post panel, Sat phone or GSM phone distribution switch panel, night instrument light dimming panel, HDMI input panel, USB panel for the ship computer.
- Vertical full size stainless steel steering wheel
- Morse cable controls for main engine
- Morse cable controls for wing engine
- Windlass control witch chain counter
- Main and wing engine panels in overhead console
- Ritchie 4.5" compass
- Remote control on instrument console for spotlight mounted on flybridge brow
- DC chart light
- High water bilge alarm
- Bilge pump control panel
- Racor water alarm from sensor in engine room fuel supply tank
- Seafire alarm panel for engine room and lazerette fire suppression systems
- 7 windows provide light and panoramic view from the dining area – two to aft are opening types
- Remote controlled 24vdc roller blinds - six, retract into the valences above the main windows.
- Ultra-Leather upholstery on settee cushions
- Crescent shaped settee to starboard
- 2 sconce lights post and starboard aft.
- TV lift behind settee back rest
- Granite counter top
- Bosch Model #PHL 206 MEU-70cm wide gas hob - Brushed Stainless supplied by 2ea. 20lb. marine aluminum propane tanks in cockpit locker
- Stainless steel sea rails with clip on fittings around cook top
- Xintex SA-2A propane control and detector
- Bosch Model #HBN 430561B - Multifunction Oven Brushed stainless
- Sub-Zero 700 TC refrigerator, with two freezer drawers (no icemaker, ice maker is in pilot house Sub-Zero fridge)
- Bosch Model #HMT 96660B Built-in Microwave oven brushed Stainless with exhaust fan and light (spare magnetron and HV fuses in spares kit, to save modifying joinery, in the vent of microwave failure, if a different microwave was to be fitted))
- Broan Model # 15SS 38.1cm (15") Trash Compactor (Stainless)
- Dishwasher, Bosch Slimline, Silver (SRS45E38GB)
- Three optional drawers in galley cabinetry
- Double stainless steel sink set outboard to port leaving lots of counter prep space.
- Raised counter section aft of galley sink conceals activities and objects there
- Grohe faucet
- Two optional lockers on aft face of stack vault
PASSAGEWAY FORWARD TO STATEROOMS
Three steps down from the saloon, a central passageway takes you to the engine room dogged to port followed by the guest stateroom door. To starboard at the bottom if the steps is the separate Maytag MAF9501AEW washer and Maytag MDE9601AEW dryer (Made by Asko) - 50Hz ILO standard, in a vented door enclosure followed by a floor to overhead cupboard that has access panels at the rear to access the washer dryer and exhaust fans.
Mermaid Explorer has designated the master stateroom forward
- Queen size custom hinged custom inner spring mattress (HMC manufactured)
- Four large storage drawers under bed
- Four large drawers under book shelf and TV enclosure
- Hanging locker with camphor wood lining
- Carpeting over teak and spruce cabin sole
- Two oversized opening ports to port and starboard
- Three overhead opening hatches all fitted with Ocean Air combined insect and block out screens
- Granite counter top
- Tecma Silence Plus fresh water flush head
- Shower headroom is 6'-4"
- Grohe sink faucet
- Teak and spruce sole
Mermaid Explorer has designated the guest stateroom to mid ship to port
- A queen size berth, custom inner spring mattress (HMC manufactured)
- Ensuite and enclosed shower.
- Four storage drawers below berth
- Various drawers and cupboards along port side of cabin
- Two drawers on starboard side of berth
- Cupboards above head of berth hung below the overhead line
- Hanging locker with camphor wood lining
- Granite countertop
- Tecma Silence Plus fresh water head upgraded to 18” model
- Guest shower headroom is 6'-8"
- Grohe sink faucet
ELECTRONICS – NAVIGATION/COMMUNICATION
- Raymarine e165 15.4" Hybrid touch display - pilothouse
- Raymarine P70R Autopilot Control Head - Power (Rotary) – pilot house
- Raymarine S100 Wireless Autopilot Remote
- Raymarine i70 Multifunction Instrument - pilot house
- Raymarine RAY218 DSC VHF Radio -pilot house
- Raymarine e125 12.5" Hybrid touch screen display - flybridge
- Raymarine P70R Autopilot Control Head - Power (Rotary) - fly bridge
- Raymarine i70 Multifunction Instrument - fly bridge
- Raymarine RayMic VHF radio remote station handset -flybridge
- 2 off Raymarine SmartPilot X-SOL Corepack (autopilot controllers)
- Raymarine RD418HD 4KW 18" Digital Radome (new 2014)
- Raymarine 12KW 72" Super HD Digital Open Array
- Raymarine DSM300 Digital Sounder Module G-Series
- Raymarine AIS 650 with separate antenna mounted on port top wing and dedicated GPS.
- Raymarine LifeTag Wireless MOB System with 6 Life Tags
- Raymarine E7 7" Networked display – above master stateroom berth
- Raymarine charts – Navionics US, Canadian Pacific Coast, Hawaii, Alaska, Mexico, Gulf of Mexico Australia and New Zealand
- DST800 sensor Bronze, speed/depth/temp retractable
- Shakespeare Seawatch 14" Omnidirectional Marine TV antenna
- Airmar Ultrasonic Wind/Weather/ GPS receiver transducer integrated on Raymarine bus.
- Nobeltec backup navigation system on ships computer - MaxSea Time Zero advanced chart plotting software
- 2 ea. Samsung computer monitors – integrated into pilothouse instrument panel port and starboard
- Two Accu-Steer HPU212-200 24-volt autopilot pumps for redundancy, w/ soft shift valve option – pumps are switched on automatically when autopilot is in auto or track mode.
- Ritchie steering compasses – in pilothouse
- Exterior camera mounted on Starboard stack wing
- GSM based alarm system sends SMS in case of - low battery voltage on house, start or coms battery, bilge pump overrun, shallow water, intruder, or smoke in either laz, engine room or forward thruster compartment
Note all Raymarine electronics has been updated to the current software as of November 2016
ELECTRONICS – TELCOMMUNICATIONS
- Inmarsat Isatphone mounted in pilothouse upper instrument panel in Beam docking station. Wired via selector switch to internal wireless Vtech phone system. Data output wired to Redport Optimizer for email and weather data.
- Two Barrett 2050 HF transceivers internal Pactor modem in one for sea mail operation.
- Raymarine Ray218 GMDSS VHF with remote handset on flybridge- Pacific Aerials 7.3 meter whip to port matching 7.3 meter HF to starboard.
- vTech wireless phone system that can be switched between GSM and Sat phone system. Comes with Bluetooth to connect to three IPhones or Android phones. Handsets in all staterooms, saloon/galley and pilot house.
- Minibox Mini PC, 4Tb NAS storage, PLEX media server, wireless router, Vodafone B3000 4G router provides two onboard internet WiFi networks, the owners and visitors.
- WiFi extender mount in the stack to provide access to marina WiFi internet access
ELECTRONICS – Safety
- GME Accusat M403G EPRIRB mounted on quick deploy bracket to the port side of pilothouse
ELECTRONICS – ENTERTAINMENT
- Ocean 045 satellite TV system, quad output reticulated to the master, guest and saloon. Each Smart LED TV in each area has a sat box enabling each TV to select channel of choice.
- 3 x Samsung 37” Smart LED TVs located in saloon, guest and master staterooms.
- Ships computer Minibox and NAS 4TB storage system (mounted with pilot house instrument panels) with Plex media server that provides individual selection of media to each Samsung Smart TV
- Two Samsung LED HD monitors with HDMI, Composite and VGA inputs mounted to port and starboard of pilot house instrument panels. Port panel is the display for the ship computer and has a mini keyboard/with track ball associated with it.
- Samsung 37” TV on lift in main salon forward end of starboard settee
- Fusion MS-RA50 in pilothouse and flybridge, connected to ships computer
- Fusion MS-xxx and sub-woofer amplifier (mounted under starboard aft salon settee) with remotes in saloon and cockpit connected to ship computer for iTunes operation.
DECKS, COCKPIT, EXTERIOR
- Deep bulwark above starboard side deck
- Boarding door through starboard bulwark
- Transom door leads to extended swim platform
- Fiberglass N55 type ship stack with wings in lieu N47 type stack
- Nautica 12’ center console tender with 30hp Honda outboard mounted on custom stainless steel points with three locking turnbuckles for secure stowage. Two fuel tanks, sounder/plotter, three anchors and beach sprung anchoring system
- Steelhead Marine ES1500 davit allows launching of the tender or kayaks to port or starboard.
- Custom SS davit boom cradle to prevent wracking of the davit boom while underway
- Maxwell 3500 electric windlass with controls in pilothouse, flybridge, and cockpit stations
- 121 lb. (55kg) Rocna anchor with 400’(121M) of 3/8” hi-test anchor chain
- Chain stopper
- Flybridge has 2ea. Todd helm chairs, settee and dinette table all with Sunbrella covers
- Fresh water wash down at bow, stack and in cockpit
- Factory fitted rigid stainless steel Bimini frame with fabric top
- Flopper stopper rig for at-anchor stabilization (mounted to port)
- Flopper stopper plate is fitted with a canvas cover
- Australian Sovereign premium quality stainless steel BBQ mounted on custom pins to port of cockpit that plugs into bulkhead mounted gas bayonet fitting inside cockpit.
- Optional extended swim platform with 3” staples and dive ladder. The extended platform also provides good boarding access when tied up either port or starboard side-to.
- Horn upgraded to Kahlenberg
- Additional exterior handrails: single over steps from Portuguese bridge to starboard side deck, single over interior steps from pilothouse, long handrail from Portuguese bridge aft until 18” forward of teak cap rail in cockpit, L-shaped handrails port and starboard on upper transom corners
- Exterior window covers for pilothouse and saloon windows 70% light transmission
- 12mm Lexan storm plates for all saloon side windows.
- Canvas covers for all deck hatches
- Custom cockpit “eyebrow” sunshade enclosure
- Fold out step on stack
- Sunbrella canvas covers for flybridge console, Todd helm chairs, flybridge settee, tender, vents, hatches and flopper stopper plate
- Custom fold down and removeable teak cockpit table with solid SS brackets and pneumatic SS pedestal.
- 4 quality powder coated aluminum/teak deck cockpit chairs with timber features to match table (2015)
- Custom removable stainless steel rack inboard of port rails on boat deck to accommodate the two xx’ kayaks. Kayaks come with lifting harness to allow davit to launch them.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT – General
- Engine room fire suppression – Seafire FD-900M with auto engine, generator and blower shutdowns, plus manual pull cables in saloon. Alarm in pilothouse.
- Lazerette fire suppression – automatic and pull cable operated. Alarm in pilothouse.
- Xintex SA-2A propane detector in galley - shuts down engines and engine room fans automatically if lazerette or engine fire
- Emergency tiller steering
- EPIRB pilot house
- 2 x Personal EPIRBs fitted in 2 x self-inflating life vests
- 2 x personal life vests
- Revere 6-person raft – inspection good until July 2017
- Para anchor sea Anchor – complete with warps, and chaff covers (as new never deployed)
- 8ea. Guest life vests
SPARES AND TOOLS
- 2 extra Steelhead ES1500 davit controllers
- 1 set of zinc anodes
- Water maker filters
- Spares for Trac stabilizers, hydraulic piston, seals, top position sensor etc.
- Full set of engine technical manuals including peripheral components such as alternators and starter motors, both physical and in electronic form on ships computer
- Tool box mounted on custom SS frame above main engine including SAE and metric tools
- One set injectors for main engines
- Spare Racor filters
- Spares for tender including outboard engine prop
- Custom kit to pull thruster props to allow easy cleaning.
- Main engine belts, air cleaners, fuel and oil filters
- Generator and wing engine fuel and oil filters and air cleaners
- Professionally applied Copper Coat antifoul February 2016
- Brownies 24v hooker in storage case, with 40ft hose, Y piece with 2 x 20’ hose for two-person operation. One regulator, second regulator with Cummerbelts™weight belt.
- Plugs into custom 24v outlet to port of cockpit
- ATL (1000-liter) fuel bladder that fits on fixing in cockpit with fuel inlet valve mounted to port of cockpit, plumbed to fuel transfer pump manifold
- Folding aluminum cart
- Shopping cart
- Personal effects
- Fishing rods reels and tackle
- Tools, (except for tools in engine room tool box)
- Boxes of personal equipment not listed in spares etc.)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Pacific Asian Enterprises
Dana Point, CA, United States
Seattle, WA, United States
Scarborough, stateprovince.QLD, Australia
Auckland, New Zealand
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom