- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Cowes, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 300,000 Tax Paid (US$ 376,560)
Without question, the most optimised Ker 40 anywhere in the world.
"The Red Boat" has always been at the top of the Ker 40 development curve, originally dominating the IRC circuits in the USA before coming to UK shores, where she now races under the Irish flag. Under the current ownership the performance curve has been pushed even further, with the boat often beating much faster and more recent designs on the water, let alone after handicap.
This boat could walk into the majority of IRC fleets across the world and be a serious contender for silverware from the moment she hits the water.
Get in touch now to learn the full optimisation story!
Please contact at +44 (0)23 8045 0000
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Other
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 6 in
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Sail drive
ANTIX is equipped with Harken systems throughout, including an MX turbo pedestal with overdrive function, allowing extra gearing for Primary winches.
The following are also included;
- 2 x Primary Harken Carbon B50.3 PTA
- 2 x Pit Winches Harken B46.2 STA
- 2 x Main Sheet Winches Harken B 46.2 STA
- 2 x Backstay Winches Harken B 46.2 STA
- 7 x Spinlock Clutches along with custom organizers
- Custom sliding forehatch with inflatable seal.
- String dropline system installed.
ANTIX is fitted with a full B&G electronics package including;
- New in 2016 - B&G H5000 processing system.
- 5 x 20/20 Mast instrument displays.
- 2 x Fwd cockpit mounted GFD displays.
- 1 x Aft cockpit mounted GFD display (for Nav)
- 2 x 10/10 repeater displays (for forestay loads)
- Panasonic deck screen with expedition software.
- Load cell and amplifier.
- VHF with deck speaker.
- AIS safety equipment installed.
- 12v interior system with scattered lighting.
• 30 hp Volvo Penta / Yanmar diesel engine
• Transmission: Sail Drive
• Folding 2 bladed ‘racing’ style prop
• Spinlock flush throttle control mounted on stbd side of cockpit
• 40 Litre rigid plastic fuel tank.
• Red/white cabin lighting in saloon, galley, heads and navigation areas
• 12 volt DC switch panel and battery indicator mounted by the Chart Table
• Battery isolator/selection switch mounted on Engine Box
• 1x 65 AH gel type batteries & 1 x 17 AH battery for engine start. New in 2016.
• 12 V electrical panel for Engine, with fuel gauge, rev counter and start/stop switches mounted close to the engine
• Navigation lights on pushpit and pulpit, steaming light and windex light on masthead..
The Ker 40 has been designed for function over fashion and everything is of purpose built, lightweight construction, with purely racing in mind.
The interior facilities are as follows;
- 6 x adjustable pipe cot berths.
- Twin composite sinks.
- 2 x gimbling gas ring burners.
- 2 x aft fresh water tanks 50ltr each. (soft bladders)
- Fresh water system operated with manual pumps.
- Fwd plumbed heads.
- Aft navigation station.
- Canvas storage areas on bulkheads and under bunks.
- 2 x manual bilge pumps.
- 2 x auto electric bilge pumps in bow.
- Plastic 40ltr fuel tank located under cockpit sole.
- Custom canvas work throughout.
- Fenders and warps.
- Spare carbon bowsprit included in sale.
- A full ISAF Cat 3 safety kit (excluding life jackets) is supplied with the boat, including a 10-man Carbon canister style casing.
- Steel collapsible cradle with custom splashes.
ANTIX is supplied with a single piece, Hall Spars carbon rig and boom. A twin spreader configuration, with fixed carbon bowsprit.
Split running backstays, controlled by two aft cockpit winches allow for a large, square top mainsail configuration.
The mast is also setup with;
- 2 x Masthead halyards.
- 1 x Jib halyard.
- 1 x Fractional halyard.
- 1 x Genoa Staysail halyard.
- 1 x 2:1 Main halyard.
- 1 x Spring vang system.
- Internal Hydraulic mast ram, with shims.
- Adjustable mast foot.
- Nitronic 50 Rod rigging.
- Tuff Luff groove on forestay.
- Upgraded bowsprit for higher loads and offshore racing.
A fully up to date running rigging package accompanies the boat (appropriate materials used throughout), with both inshore and offshore setup's included.
The boat also comes with spare running rigging for training and deliveries.
Comprehensive rig tuning guide also available.
Built by world famous builders McConaghy Boats in China. ANTIX (previously Catapult) is made from infused E Glass with a closed cell foam core and has meant a hugely strong, yet lightweight boat has been constructed.
On top of the already very high specification, 'ANTIX' has benefited from recent upgrades include a mk2 deeper keel, with a steel fin and lead bulb, meaning a lighter overall weight with similar RM.
Also a new, stronger bowsprit has been installed to deal with the high loads experienced from the reaching and larger downwind sail wardrobe.
• Hull and deck precision female tooling
• Hull and Deck: E glass epoxy/foam sandwich construction, resin infused, vacuum bagged.
• Keel: Steel keel fin with composite fairings and lead bulb
• Rudder: Autoclaved Carbon Fibre rudder stock, Tiller steering.
• Light weight yet robust and stiff construction incorporating modern race boat technologies.
• A fully optimised structural design using advanced Finite Element Analysis Techniques.
• Designed and constructed in accordance to ISO structural regulations to Class A with plan approval by Germanischer Lloyd
• The hull and deck constructed from vacuum consolidated e-glass/epoxy/foam sandwich resin infused
• Additional reinforcements in way of all deck fittings and other highly loaded areas
• Structural internals: vacuum consolidated e-glass/epoxy/foam with sandwich construction, with uni-directional fibre reinforcement
• Non structural internal components built from e-glass/epoxy/foam sandwich construction
• Hull and Deck: Finished in high-grade polyurethane. Plus Non-skid areas on deck
• Cockpit Floor: Non-skid areas covered in red, custom grip tape arrangement.
• Under water: Finished with black Epoxy primer to a race finish.
• Interior: Clear finished
All Sails from North as follows;
Perfect inventory for 2017 and beyond. The boat will NOT need another sail for at least 12/18 months.
2016 - Delivered June, to top spec carbon Dpi. Designs from Dave Lenz @ North UK.
- 3Di RAW Mainsail.
- 3Di RAW J1
- 3Di RAW J2
- 3Di RAW J3
- Superkote A1
- Superkote A2 - Max rated area (179 sqm)
- Furling Code 0
- 3Di J1B,
- 3Di J2B,
- Spin staysail on furler.
- 3Di Inshore Mainsail.
- Delivery Mainsail - reduced size for easy handling.
- 3Di Offshore Mainsail.
- 3DL J1.
- 3Di J2.
- 3Di J3.
- A0 - with top down furling system.
- Delivery Jib and spinnaker.
- Genoa Staysail
ORC compliant storm sails.