- View Full Specifications
Ready to Sail
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / Gas/Petrol
- Located In:
- Seattle, Shilshole Dry Stored, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 34,900
Hull #17 of J Boats popular ramp or hoist launch-able daysailor and one design or phrf racing boat. #17 has lived on her trailer at Shilshole Marina and has been extremely lightly used as a daysailor when her out of town owner visits family in Seattle.
Please contact Bob Ross at 206 286 1004
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Whitecap, Hull #17
Warranty: 10 years
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 23 ft 0 in
Beam: 7 ft 5 in
LWL: 20 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 9 in
Displacement: 1750 lbs
Ballast: 630 lbs
Total Power: 6 HP
Engine Brand: Suzuki
Engine Type: Outboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Gas/Petrol
Engine Hours: 100
Engine Power: 6 HP
- North Nordac Radian Race Mainsail with Reef Point
- North Nordac Radian Race Jib
- North Contender Dynakote Race Spinnaker - Never Used.
- Harken Full mast up boat cover
- Motor Cover
- Suzuki 6hp Outboard, less than 100 hours reported
- Harken Cabin Hatch Cover
- 5,000 pound capacity ratchet tie down straps, J hooks with keeper rings, 25 feet long
- 60 inch tall, PVC boat guides- 1 set for left and right of trailer
- J/70 coupler security lock. To be used when disconnected from towing vehicle
- 3,500 pound capacity Eliminator Torsion axle equipped with 2 wheel G5 stainless steel disc brake axle upgrade, Super Lube bearing system
- Tie Down Model 66 surge brake actuator with reverse solenoid brake lock out installed
- 5 Way flat prong wire harness
- J/70 centerline extendable tongue for trailer equipped with brakes- quick disconnect brake coupler included
- Spare tire Carrier Star ST205/75D14 Load Range Load Range C on 5-4.5 Galvanized Spoke
- Spare tire mount- mounts with UBolt
- Spare tire w/ Cover
- J/70 LED light upgrade- DOT over 80 inch approved, submersible
- J/70 Rear Jacks Shelby 2,000 pound capacity rear stabilizing jack- flat footside wind
- Boat never raced, only daysailed, seller lives out of state and only sails her when visiting family in Seattle
- On trailer, mast up and covered for over 90% of its life
- Small gelcoat chips on front bottom edge of keel from ramp launching/retrieving
Manufacturer Provided Description
The J/70 introduces a new dimension of fun, fast sailing in a stable, easy to own boat. A natural evolution of its J pedigree, the J/70's 22-foot long waterline with high aspect, all carbon rig and deep, lifting bulb keel provides spirited performance and stability that feels like a much larger boat. Knifing through the water upwind with confidence and ease, the J/70 has that legendary “J” feel - light, controllable with a wide-groove to sail consistently fast. With an adjustable cascading backstay, one has total control over sail shape and dynamic rig tension across the full range of conditions, making it not only easy to change gears on the J/70, but faster and safer. Off the wind, J/70 will simply light-up the crew with a smile! Set the masthead asymmetrical spinnaker off the retractable carbon bowsprit, point the J/70 where you want with its deep, high-aspect rudder and the J/70 pops up on a plane and takes off in a moderate breeze.
J/70 is all about making sailing inclusive, not exclusive. With its easily driven hull, large cockpit, and manageable three sail inventory, the J/70 is perfect for three adults, two couples, or four juniors. Sailing is about friends, it’s the joy of sharing the experience with others. When your family and friends can enjoy sailing in all weather, the return on investment will be high.
TRAILERABLE- EASY TRANSPORT & LAUNCHING
In today’s crowded harbors, it’s not always possible or economical to own a permanent mooring, marina slip or rent space in a dry lot with crane. J/70 offers a practical solution. Launch at the local boat ramp, raise the lightweight all carbon rig, lower the lifting bulb keel, hoist the sails and off you go on a sailing adventure in less than 30 minutes. The only limitations are how far you want to drive and willingness to camp in the great outdoors. Trailerable behind a family minivan or SUV, you can go anywhere.
The J/70 hull plug is finished at the Hudson Yacht facility in Xiamen, China; and the first hull mold will begin construction in September.
The hull form was initially cut with a 5-axis robotic milling machine, and then faired and long-boarded to match hull fairing templates (see below).
Durable tooling gelcoat was then sprayed, sanded and buffed to a mirror finish for final inspection and measurement.
Visible on the hull plug photo is the keel slot insert, which is precisely located at the outset, so that all subsequent molds are matched on this critical dimension.
Creature comforts come in many forms on the J/70. The 11' long cockpit and moderate height boom allow easy crew movement across the cockpit while tacking and jibing. For sitting and hiking comfort, mid-height padded backrests/lifelines run cockpit length, making J/70 one of the most comfortable boats to helm without having to rely on hiking straps to keep you in the boat.
The small cabin below is a bonus, and provides weather protection, a place to nap and personal privacy... essential to keeping everyone happy if spending a day on the water. And, for children safety is paramount.
The J/70 has convenient, on-deck stowage for an outboard engine, providing safe, quick access to the transom. This means one can sail further away from homeport without worrying about paddling home or hailing for a tow. Race Committees can start races on time and finish them later in the day without having to arrange towboats. And, if a storm hits quickly, sails can be dropped, the engine turned on and the crew can head for home fast and safely.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Sail Northwest
Seattle, Shilshole Marina, WA, United States
Mercer Island, WA, United States
Seatle, WA, United States
Sidney, BC, Canada