2011 Dufour 40E Performance
- View Full Specifications
Elegant, sensitive, and a good performer, the latest Dufour in the Performance range won everyone ov
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
The target set for architect Umberto Felci and the Dufour Yachts Design Office was to come up with something even better than the Dufour 40. What a challenge! And they more than came up with the goods! Its many qualities speak for themselves: finesse, precision, exciting sailing. Take a look at: cruising/racing deck layout, suitable for sailing with a full or reduced crew, out on the open sea or between two buoys; below decks, the refinement and quality of Dufour Yachts’ interiors. All adding up to a fast boat for racing or juste for the pleasure of skimming through the water; which at the same time lets you enjoy proper cruising in comfort.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 40 ft 5 in
Beam: 12 ft 8 in
LWL: 35 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 9 in
Displacement: 17527 lbs
Dry Weight: 17527 lbs
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Option 1: 1x 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (93 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (52 Gallons)
- Iroko FSC trimmed seats, GRP sole.
- Central removable footrest.
- 2 large side lockers with lids fitted with padlock hasps.
- Twin steering wheel system.
- Wheels in stainless steel.
- Engine control lever on starboard side.
- Large Propane locker on portside.
- Spacious cockpit locker integrated in the sole of the cockpit.
- 2 compasses for cruising and regatta purposes.
- Navigation instruments placed on cockpit bulkhead.
- Life raft stowage in dedicated locker under sole.
- Tilting aft platform with integrated bathing ladder.
- Shore power socket in cockpit.
- Cockpit shower hot/cold.
- All joinery work in prime choice light Moabi mahogany, with fiddles and mouldings in solid wood.
- Cabin doors with double anti-vibration bolts.
- Floorboards in Moabi, high quality marine plywood.
- The floor boards are in laminated marine Moabi wood.
- Cabin mattress covers are quilted and made of anallergic fabric.
- Saloon cushions have removable covers in cream colour suede (other colours available as an option).
- Ceiling lining of both cabins and saloon in white coloured marine wood.
- Headroom: 1.89 m.
- Large berth approx. 200 x 140 cm.
- 10 cm mattress in 2 parts with washable covers.
- Access to stowage lockers under berth.
- Upper lockers with fiddle on hull side around berth to create a maximum of storage space.
- Large hanging locker with shelves
- Vanity table with storage on port side including removable seat that also be used at the saloon table of the 3 cabin/1 head version and 2 cabin/1 head version.
- Shoe locker.
- Book shelve.
- Big drawer under the berth.
- Water tank under the berth.
- Light and ventilation guaranted by a big size deck hatch, 2 portlights (according to version), 1 cabin and 2 reading lights.
- Access to navigation instrument transducers.
- Manual marine toilets with cover in teak.
- Wash basin in synthetic «Corian®» stone, with an excellent finish and ideal for easy maintenance.
- Large mirror.
- Chrome plated brass mixer tap with shower unit.
- Shower with direct drainage by electric pump.
- Floor grating in teak in the front heads (in 3 cabin/2 heads version).
- Closing upper lockers with space for holding tanks.
- Ventilation by deck panel or opening portlight.
- Hooks in aft head for hanging oilskins.
- Large U-shapped settee on portside with storage facilities.
- Settee on starboard side with storage facilities.
- Backrests and seats in foam.
- Suede cream colour covers, removable for ease of maintenance.
- Rectangular table with fiddles in wood.
- Saloon table with 2 folding blades to facilitate circulation and (as an option) with integrated bar.
- Stowage under seats and behind backrests.
- 2 stowage lockers with doors and a bookshelf above each settee.
- Bar and storage integrated in the arm rests.
- Light and ventilation by 2 deck hatches, 2 fixed portlights,
- 2 opening hatches, and 6 ceiling lights for optimum ventilation and day light inside.
- Ambient ceiling lights.
- 12 V DC SYSTEM.
- 15 function switchboard.
- 12V outlet at galley and switchboard.
- 1 x 100 Ah engine battery and 2 x 100 Ah service batteries.
- Battery switch for each battery in aft port cabin.
- L-shaped galley close to companionway.
- Working top in white Corian® surrounded by wooden fiddles.
- Double stainless steel sink. Chrome plated brass mixer tap for pressurised water (cold/hot).
- Cooker with 2 burner stove/oven on gimbals.
- Big volume refrigerator (180L) 12V with lateral and top access.
- Stowage under sink with shelf and trays.
- Garbage bin, with double compartments, nicely hidden behind a hinged door.
- Sea water foot pump integrated in the floor.
- Outboard lower cabinet with cutlery drawer and sliding vegetable baskets.
- 3 upper cabinets with doors on hull side, one of which can house a microwave oven (option).
- Crockery set with fiddle system for protection when yacht is heeling.
- 2 big size lockers for a maximum of stowing space.
- Light and ventilation ensured by opening port-light
- 2 spotlights over galley.
- Crumb tray under sole.
- VOLVO 40 hp (29 kW). Sail-drive transmission.
- Heat exchanger, anti-siphon valve. Large capacity sea water filter.
- Control panel close to helmsman, with hour meter and tachometer.
- Alternator with battery isolator.
- Fuel tank approx. 200 L, gauge on electrical switchboard.
- Fuel filter with water separator.
- Emergency fuel shut-off handle.
- Engine room ventilation blower, and 2 ventilation hoses.
- Two-blade fixed propeller.
- Access to the engine from front and both sides.
- Independent engine bilge.
- Quality sound proofing high density foam for optimum sound insulation.
- Hand laminated GRP Hull, vacuum bagged PVC foam coresandwich above water line.
- NPG Gelcoat with first of cloth impregnated with NPG resin forming an optimum barrier against osmosis.
- Inner moulded hull bottom, structural framing laminated to the hull.
- Navy blue decorative stripes on the hull.
- Diamond point non skid profile on deck.
- Roof covered with Iroko FSC wood.
- As an optional: side decks and cockpit covered in Iroko FSC.
- Deck in PVC foam core sandwich, moulded by injection process (Resin Transfer Moulding) for significant weight saving, excellent interior finish, and a perfect rigidity.
- Standard draft 2.10 m, cast iron keel, bolts loads taken up by stainless steel backing plate.
- Semi-elliptical rudder, filled with closed cell epoxy foam.
- Rudder stock in plain stainless steel.
- Steering wheel system on self aligning roller bearings and ball bearings sheaves for a maximum of sensation and steering precision.
- Wood handrails on coachroof.
- Wood toerail on hull-deck joint.
- Self-draining chain locker with eye bolt and integrated windlass bracket, cover with locking bolt.
- Removable stemhead fitting with removable anchor roller.
- Pulpit in two separate parts with separate green/red navigation lights.
- Asymmetrical spinnaker tack ring ahead of forestay.
- Pushpits with horseshoe buoy bracket, flag pole holder and opening cable gate with hook.
- Stanchions with 2 levels of stainless steel guard-rails and life lines gates.
- 4 mooring cleats on backing plates, stainless steel rubbing plates on sheer line.
- Single chainplate for cap shrouds/aft lower shrouds including an eye for fixing extra control lines.
- 2 deck filler plates for water, 1 for fuel.
- Mainsheet track on cockpit sole with adjustable traveller.
- Genoa sheet tracks with piston lead blocks.
- 2 genoa sheet return blocks with integrated jammer and eye for flying spinnaker sheet sheave.
- Aluminium mast collar with synthetic protection and sheet return blocks.
- Mast step in aluminium with halyard return blocks.
- Stainless steel swan neck electric cable gland.
- 2 deck organizers for halyard returns.
- 7 spinlocks on coachroof.
- 2 halyard winches on coachroof.
- 2 Genoa furling lines at hand of the helmsman.
- Deck block with jammer for genoa roller furling system.
- Sliding hatch and washboard in plexiglas, with stoppers and lock.
- GRP cover ahead of companionway.
- Deck panels integrated in the roof.
- 2 winch handles with holder.
- Owner?s briefcase with owner?s manual.
- Grounded rigging system.
Mast and Rigging
- Anodised aluminium mast with double swept backed spreaders, rigged 9/10.
- Mast is stepped on the keel.
- Profiled Performance mast.
- Anchor and steaming lights.
- Removable inner forestay available as an optional.
- Boom topping lift cleat.
- Anodised aluminium boom equiped with single line reefing system (2 reefs)*.
- Rigid boom vang, with tackle led back to cockpit.
- Genoa furling system with drum below deck.
- Discontinuous standing rigging in single strand stainless steel cable and Dyform*, chrome plated bronze turnbuckles including: forestay, backstay, cap shrouds, inter and lower shrouds.
- Backstay adjusted with stay tensioner.
- Running rigging in pre-stretched textile including: main and genoa halyards, boom topping lift, main and genoa halyards, boom topping lift, main and genoa sheets, reef lines and furling line.
- Mainsail with Dufour logo, in high tenacity cloth and 2 reefing lines.
- Mainsail cover in light grey Dufour colours.
- Furling genoa with UV-protection.