- View Full Specifications
Built to enjoy life
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 475,000 Tax Paid (US$ 581,068)
- Sale Pending
New pricing in GBP - June 2016
YACHT DESCRIPTION: X-55, build no. 29, commissioned May 2010. She has the centre berth in owners cabin and has three cabins and three heads. On deck, notably she is cutter rig, ideal for short-handed cruising, combined with the park-avenue boom for the mainsail handling.
OWNERS COMMENTS: After years of sailing in UK waters I wanted a boat that would be well suited for the Baltic, Mediterranean and Carribbean waters (though the latter never happened). I wanted a comfortable fast cruiser that would reward the keen sailor and non sailing guest in equal measure. It has more than met this requirement. The boat was commissioned in Denmark from where we sailed her to Oslo and then back via the Kiel Canal to Southampton. She was shipped by freighter to Genoa in March 2011 and kept there for two years before being moved to Southern Tuscany (Rosignano Solvay) and was cruised around the Ligurian and Tuscan coasts for three seasons. I sailed her from Italy to Cornwall in May 2014 and reluctantly decided that it was time to move on to other (non sailing) things. She’s been a fabulous experience and is ready for new owners and new destinations.
Why Select This Boat;
• Sold and commissioned new by us in 2010.
• We have had full visibility of the boats life since new.
• Fastidious owner.
• Teak Decks.
• Air Conditioning.
• Park Avenue Boom.
• Mid 2.90m keel option for cruising.
Why Choose to Deal With X-Yachts (GB);
• We are the UK Authorized X-Yachts Sales and Service Centre.
• Our Proven Track Record in excess of 12 years-gives peace of mind.
• We only sell Pre-Owned X-Yachts we ourselves believe in.
• We don’t just want a “sale” we want you to join our other satisfied owners who willingly and proudly refer us.
• We know and understand all things X-Yachts-from sailing and selling them, to our factory trained technicians who can refit or retrofit your chosen dream.
• We are Full Members of the British Marine Federation which upholds stringent standards in Brokering Deals, for both the purchaser and vendor.
X-Yachts (GB) Ltd.
Sole Concessionaires for X-Yachts Sales, Service and Parts in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
+44 23 8045 3377
Please contact Stuart Abernethy at +44 (0)23 8045 3377
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 55 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 0 in
LWL: 47 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 5 in
Displacement: 36816 lbs
Ballast: 14550 lbs
Dry Weight: 36816 lbs
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 110 HP
X-55 · Specification
- CE Certification Directive 94/25/CE (Category "A" Ocean)
- Teak in cockpit seats, floor, coamings and bathing platform
- X-Yachts integrated galvanised steel girder system, accepting loads from the keel and rig. (Laminated to hull and bulkheads)
- Gas springs on all cockpit lockers
- Flush hull mounted bronze seacocks . Main toilet outlets replaced with ABS seacocks.
- Steel keel with lead bulb encapsulated and faired in GRP
- The steering system consists of a twin 110 cm stainless steel wheel steering installation utilising two independent quadrants in conjunction with a cross wire idler.
- This installation is both lightweight and provides additional security of two independent helms.
- 6x Nomen type 300 foldable mooring cleats
- Bottom treatment: Mat-sanding, 3 x epoxy / 2 x antifouling.
- Shallow draft keel - 30 cm reduction, draft: 2.90 m
- Stainless chamfer rails port and starboard
- Sprayhood and Bimini in blue.
- Underdeck halyards and control lines leading to 11 x Spinlock stoppers in the cockpit.
- Underdeck German mainsheet system
- Underdeck genoa RECKMANN furling system
- Genoa car adjustable under load.
- 3 x Nomen type 300 foldable mooring cleats are fitted per side
- 4 x padeyes are mounted in cockpit for safety harnesses
- Navtec A22 hydraulic backstay
- Halyard and control line tails stowed in cockpit rope bags
- Running rigging in Spectra
- 2 x ANDERSEN 72STE 24V electrical Genoa winch
- 2 x ANDERSEN 68STE 24V electrical mainsheet winch
- 1 x ANDERSEN 52STE 24V manual halyard winch starboard
- 1 x ANDERSEN 52STE 24V electrical halyard winch port
- Second ANDERSEN switch at helm for port halyard winch
- Asymmetric spinaker equipment including sheets, halyard, blocks
- Symmetrical Spinnaker equipment including carbon pole with slider on mast, stored on deck, Spectra sheets and guys, Spectra down haul, and additional 2 snatch blocks.
- Teak on side deck. Teak laid deck at central part of deckhouse. Teak decking on cockpit coaming
- Optional Transom bench with Navtec System 5 pump mounted on bench, for backstay and vang adjustment.
- Wichard 8mm padeye, mounted x 4 for Jackstays (port and starboard sheers)
- Instrument console over sliding companionway hatch with B&G True Wind and Magnified Apparent Wind Analog Displays
Mast & Rigging
- Triple spreader mast designed by X-Yachts for stiffness, safety and ease of use, white painted.
- Harken Switch Track with cars for North Sails
- Park Avenue boom, carbon fibre, including internal and external grooves for boom cover and awning
- Cutter rig, Reckmann inner furling forestay including jib sheets and runners for mast
- Discontinuous rod rigging
- Single line reefing system
- Windex with light
- Combined deck and steaming light
- Tricolour- and anchor light in mast top
- Windex VHF antenna w. FM filter – wired to chart table
- 4 Foldable mast steps
- Lazy jacks mounted on mast and boom
- Code 0 preparation / reinforcements on deck and mast with 2:1 halyard, halyard block and spinlock stopper
- Additional genoa halyard with stopper
- Interior woodwork finished in teak, with hand polished satin finish
- All berths have a batten system for improved comfort
- Cushions in berths are of dual density for added comfort
- Cushions: aron beige throughout all cabins
- Lee cloth in saloon (starboard sofa) and both rear cabins.
- Red night light over floor in saloon x 1
- Double cutting board for the two sinks in the galley
- Option to drop saloon table and make passage berth / double berth. Cushions for top of table in aron beige
- Hot and cold pressurised water system with 2 stainless steel fresh water tanks of a total of 480 litre capacity
- 40 litre hot water tank run of shore power and engine
- Electric and manual bilge pump
- Holding tank, self draining and with deck outlet, forward head
- Holding tank, self draining and with deck outlet, starboard aft head
- Watermaker: Dessalator DUO 24V/230V. Produced up to 100 litres per hour, either 24v (main engine) or 230v (generator/shorepower)
- Watermaker run time: 22hrs (16/6/2015)
- Airconditioning: HFL 6,000 BTU for both aft cabins, 6,000 BTU for owners + HFL 16,000 BTU for saloon. The unit has reverse cycle option for heating.
- Isotherm MAGNUM 2507SP water cooled freezing unit instead of Isotherm Compact 2501 in top opened box
- Isotherm 85 ltr. front opening refrigerator with ASU automatic
- Shower with hot / cold freshwater at bathing platform
- Gas detector with alarm
- Electrical gas switch
- Wash down salt water pump in anchor box
- Quooker 800W at galley providing instant boiling water
- 4 burner GN Espace gas cooker with oven.
- Larger toilet bowls with seats x 3
- 6 x 120 amp gel deep cycle batteries for domestic use - 24v
- 1 x spiral cell battery for engine - 12v
- Electric anchor windlass, with anchor and 75 m chain
- Wiring is "tinned" to reduce corrosion
- All fuses are automatic circuitbreaker type
- Analogue VDO gauges for fuel, water and voltage
- All cables are terminated in a "dry" GRP box at chart table
- Mastervolt IVO battery charger with Smart 12V/40A
- 5 x 230v AC sockets
- 12V socket, mounted at chart table x 2
- Up/down switch for anchor winch at helm
- Galvanic isolator - mounted in series with the earth wire of the shore power cable
- Mastervolt 24/2000 - 60A AC/DC combi inverter/charger
- Mastervolt unit programmed to 'Power Support Function'
- 16A and 32A Shore Power cables
Electronics / Navigation Equipment / Entertainment
- Sony Radio MEX-DV1600U mounted in saloon near chart table
- Sony TV 26" KDL26EX302 mounted on main bulkhead
- Bose FreeSpace3 Bass & 2 Cube loud-speaker system
- Bose marine 131 cockpit loudspeaker set, waterproof
- SeaMe Radar reflector
- Compasses Suunto 95 mounted on the back of cockpit lockers
- B&G Hercules main processor
- B&G GFD monochrome mounted at port and starboard binnacles
- B&G mast head unit 810mm Vertical
- B&G Depth/Temp & Speed transducer
- B&G Gyro compass
- B&G Barometer
- B&G 20/20 x 3 mounted at mast on white mast bracket
- Furuno MFD 12" Navnet 3D display mounted at port and starboard binnacles
- Furuno DRS2D radar mounted above 1st spreader
- Vector charts for the Baltic, UK, Mediterranean and Mediterranean to UK and raster charts for the Baltic, UK and Mediterranean
- 19" Mermaid Monitor mounted in console at chart table
- B&G GFD monochrome display mounted in owners cabin
- B&G H3000 APC2 Pilot pack with Jefa drive
- B&G H3000 pilot display GPD mounted on each binnacle
- B&G Remote vision
- Simrad VHF RS87 located at Nav station. Second handset AHK87 in cockpit
- Waterproof white horn mounted on first spreader connected to cockpit VHF handset and horn key mounted at port binnacle.
- Furuno AIS transponder class B
- Weather station: ICS NAV6
- Fleet broadband 250 kbs/sec Satellite antenna. Dome 28cm diameter mounted on second spreader. Handset at chart table.
- Stationary PC with MaxSea Time Zero incl. Weather, AIS, Navnet 3D and Routing Modules
- Wireless keyboard and mouse
- RJ45 socket on bulkhead at chart table area, back up connection to NavNet
- USB socket to deliver NMEA 0183 data from the B&G system, mounted on bulkhead at chart table area
- Merlin Powergauge pro battery monitor
- Audible alarm in owners connected to electronics
- Stainless steel grab rails on wheel binnacle pods
Engine & Fuel Tank
- Yanmar 4JH4 110hp turbo charged .
- Engine run time: not displayed, but estimated (by owner) at 725-750hrs.
- Regular servicing by Yanmar, including important first 30hr service. The last engine service was in October 2014. It was de-winterised and re-commissioned in May 2015.
- 350 litre fuel capacity plus additional 229 litre extra tank.
Bow Thruster & Generator
- Bow Thruster, Max-Power retractable
- Generator Fischer Panda, 10 kW (PMS 12000 NE)
- Generator Run time: 78hrs (16/6/2015)
- Generator last engine service was in October 2014. It was de-winterised and re-commissioned in May 2015
- North Sails fully battened mainsail, spectra gatorback (2010) Condition in line with a 2010 yacht lightly used.
- North Sails furling jib, 106% with vertical battens, spectra gatorback (2010) Condition in line with a 2010 yacht lightly used.
- North Sails furling inner jib, spectra gatorback (2010) Condition in line with a 2010 yacht lightly used.
- North Sails G2 gennaker nylon gradient nylon with snuffer (2010) Condition excellent.
- North Sails G0 furling gennaker with Karver KF5 furler and Marlow anti-torsional luff rope (2010) Condition excellent
- North Sails Spinnaker (2011) Condition excellent.
Extra / Accessories
- Carbon Fibre Passarelle by Exit Engineering
- Wheel and instrument guardrail cover in blue canvas (set)
- Port and starboard webbed jackstays fitted to extra padeyes on port and starboard sheer
- Dark blue boom cover to suit Park Avenue boom
- Teak steps on bathing ladder
- Fenders, warps, 4 x fire extinguishers
- Owners manual
- 2 x gas cylinder
- WHY SELECT THIS YACHT;
- Sold and commissioned new by us in 2010.
- We have had full visibility of the boats life since new.
- Fastidious owner.
- SPECIFICATION HIGHLIGHTS;
- Teak Decks.
- Air Conditioning.
- Park Avenue Boom.
- Mid 2.90m keel option for cruising.
- WHY CHOOSE TO DEAL WITH X-YACHTS (GB) LTD;
- We are the UK Authorized X-Yachts Sales and Service Centre.
- Our Proven Track Record in excess of 12 years-gives peace of mind.
- We only sell Pre-Owned X-Yachts we ourselves believe in.
- We don’t just want a “sale” we want you to join our other satisfied owners who willingly and proudly refer us.
- We know and understand all things X-Yachts-from sailing and selling them, to our factory trained technicians who can refit or retrofit your chosen dream.
- We are Full Members of the British Marine Federation which upholds stringent standards in Brokering Deals, for both the purchaser and vendor.
- X-Yachts (GB) Ltd. offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his surveyor to investigate such details. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
X-Yachts (GB) Ltd. offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his surveyor to investigate such details. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from X-Yachts GB & Ireland
Unknown, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Hamble (ashore), Hampshire, United Kingdom
Unknown, Hampshire, United Kingdom
X-35 One Design
Unknown, United Kingdom