- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
The SUNBEAM 53.2 represent an exceptionally comfortable and dynamic Ocean Cruising yacht benefiting from the latest technologies in hull structure build techniques. Designed in close co-operation with engineer Manfred Schoechl designer George Nissen, a modern and functional long distance yacht, low freeboard and flat clutter free decks. Traditional ship building methods, high-quality materials and the most modern production techniques create complete confidence in her safety on the water. This is complemented with a favourable ballast of 35%, high for a yacht of this size. The hull is fully laminated using an extensive hand laminating process and manufactured in one piece. Traditionally with stringers and reinforced frames she offers optimum security, which is enhanced by protection in the bow. The straight stern guarantees a high lift volume creating larger storage area. A strong Skeg Aft supports the course stability of the Sunbeam 53.2. Timeless Design and highest building quality provide both for maintenance-free sailing pleasure and for an accordingly high resale value. Not only is the central cockpit concept of the Sunbeam 53.2 responsible for the exceptional elegance of the yacht, but it also offers above average protection and safety for the crew.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 52 ft 4 in
Beam: 14 ft 9 in
LWL: 47 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 5 in
Ballast: 12125 lbs
Dry Weight: 36376 lbs
Engine Option 1: 1x 110 HP
- Chosen top-grade woods are used for the interior fittings. This reflects the tradition and the high-quality craftmanship of the boatyard.
- The saloon floor has a special anti-slip surface.
- A good-quality teak floor creates a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
- Elegant interior design, special Sapeli mahogony, rounded edges, silky smooth surfaces and a choice of upholstery materials.
- A special three-layer painting process makes the built-in fittings long-lasting. The paints do not contain colour additives, which simplifies any repairs.
- well-formed wooden strips, glued in one piece, can be used as handrails.
- Standing room approx. 195 cm., ergonomic seating and backrests. All edges of furniture and fittings are rounded off.
- Bilge pump electric, automatic.
- Acoustical alarm for bilge pump in panel.
- The tasteful wood panelling on the hull endorses the maritime impression.
- Numerous storage spaces with anti-rolling edges at front of boat.
- The stern cabin is extremely comfortable, with double bed and bedside tables, lit wardrobes and many other storage possibilities.
- Ergonomically-formed, comfortable cushions made of fleece and foam-rubber, with buttons to keep them in place. Cushion covers are detachable.
- Modern system of securing curtains by use of a panel the full length of the saloon.
- Wet cell aftships has toilet with septic tank, washbasin, shelves in artificial stone look, cupboard, mirror, separate shower-room, flexible shower head, acrylic shower door and electric drainage pump.
- Wet cell in foreship has toilet, washbasin, shleves in artificial stone look, cupboard, mirror, separate shower with flexible shower head, acrylic shower door and electric drainage pump.
- electrical toilet in the aft heads, comfortable
- Choice of materials from our standard collection gives the fittings a personal note.
- manual toilet in the forward head
- A simply operated motor panel with rev.counter, engine hour-counter, optical and acoustical alarms, all protected by an acrylic cover.
- Good-sized fender.
- Water pumped electrically by "one-handed" mixer tap.
- Top safety in gas system provided by remote gas regulator with solenoid switch vent.
- Built-in refuse bin.
- High output diesel engine, 110 BHP, 80,9 kw, 4-cylinder, dual-circuit cooling, shaft-driven, shaft block made of high-grade steel.
- Engine room centrally positioned for easy servicing, accessible from all sides, insulated with aluminium/foam sound proofing, and including automatic lighting.
- Water-cooled refrigeration system with compressor and cool-storage plate, low energy use, fridge divided in two with two lids, volume 110 litres.
- Fridge with door, approx. 80 litres.
- Diesel tank in high-grade steel, little maintenance needed. An inspection hatch is provided for small services, - also a drainage pipe with hose connection.
- Warm water boiler, heated by engine, 230 V, volume: 50 litres.
- Galley with work top in artificial stone look, 3-ringed gas cooker and oven, semi-cardanic, cupboards for crockery, ample room for pots and pans under work top, chromed taps and electrically pumped water supply.
- High-grade steel water tanks with inspection hatch, gooseneck for ventilation, chrome filler pipe.
- Automatic septic tanks in high-grade steel, 58 litres, drainable and suctionable. 1in foreship.
- Automatic septic tank in high-grade steel, 58 litres, drainable and suctionable, 1 aft.
- Well-formed chart table, cupboard for charts, plenty of room for navigation instruments.
- Extensible and swivelling fixture for flat-screen.
- Wooden cladding on the side walls in the cabin forms excellent insulation, as does the sandwich- formed lining in deck.
- Cupboards have ventilation slits.
- Optimal sleeping comfort due to circulation and ventilation fittings under the mattresses. Foam cushions.
- Mains on board 24 volt, cables in cable conduits, optimal protection against corrosion through use of galvanized copper, dimensions according to customers requirements.
- Bow and stern lights use LED technology.
- 2 batteries on bord 200 Ah, AGM technology, little maintenance, non-vapourizing.
- Economic vapour and deck lamps.
- Economic anchor light at mast top - LED technology.
- Switch panel easily accessible and easy to read with automatic fuses. Ammeter and voltameter for starter and board batteries.
- 2 reading lights in foreship.
- 2 reading lights aft.
- Extensive spot lighting in saloon, 24 V.
- 2 reading lights in foreship cabin.
- 1 reading light in pilot berth STB.
- Circuit-breaking diode
- 1 starter battery 95 A, AGM technology.
- Echo-sounder ST60 AH
- Speedlog ST60 AH
- Compass illuminated.
- Wind indicator ST60
- 230 V sockets: 2 in galley, 1 in stern, 1 in foreship, 1 in navigation.
- 230V sockets: 1 in stern wet cell.
- 230 V sockets: 1 in foreship wet cell.
- 230 V sockets: 1 in foreship cabin STB.
- 12 V socket: 1 external.
- 12 V socket: 1 in interior navigation area.
- Battery charger 30A with plug for land cable, 12 V, with 230 V socket.
- Battery charger 50A with plug for land cable, 24 V for board mains.
- Night lighting in saloon flooring.
- Automatic lighting in cupboards.
- Bow steering propeller illuminated to ensure safer movement in harbour. 160 KGF, 24 V with own lightweight AGM battery mounted in bow.
- Radio, CD player, MP3 player, and loudspeaker in saloon.
- UKW radio equipment and aerial on mast.
- Heating with 3 outlets, saloon, stern, and stern wet cell. Sound absorber for heating and ventilation easily accessible
- The hull is durable and high-grade due to full lamination. Osmosis protection with ISO/NPG resin in the first three layers and a topcoat sealing in the interior.
- Good in upwind conditions and smooth engine start, ample room for anchor chain, extended room in bow and a slim front combined with an even stern frame present a longer waterline.
- Additional deck lining for better insulation against condensation, air buffer between deck and inner lining.
- SUNBEAM yachts are well-protected from distortion, due to the reinforced plastic framework which is adhered to the hull and completely laminated.
- Rigging is distributed throughout the hull by extensive laminated carriers and the extremely secured mast supports.
- Maximal hull stability due to laminated bulkhead.
- Reduction in weight due to extra light and particularly strong sandwich-type bulkhead.
- A long-lasting, high-quality surface is guaranteed by a handpainted gelcoat.
- Osmosis prevented by an under water primer incl. antifouling.
- To avoid damages when docking with stern, a rubber protection piece has been fitted.
- Collision point in the bow and laminate at the front of boat are reinforced.
- Rudder shaft in full high-grade steel provides maximum safety, also the special construction of the rudder blades.
- For swimmers - plenty of room in bathing area - ladder easily within reach and is foldable.
- High-grade steel ball-bearing gives rudder smoothness and flexibility.
- Smooth, balanced rudder. Rudder blades fully laminated and solid.
- Lead keel makes for low-lying gravity point. Optimal safety with high-grade steel keel bolts and an additional reinforced laminate in keel area.
- Laminated reinforcement on all deck metal and wooden fittings.
- Mast through to keel.
- The hull is laminated by hand in one complete piece. In this way the strength is equally distributed and the durability ensured for the life of the boat. The power of the keel is extensively and evenly distributed.
- Sandwich- foam is integrated in the deck through a gelcoat in ISO/NPG resin to create optimal insulation, stiffness and a reduction in weight.
- The first 3 layers of ISO/NPG resin protect against osmosis.
- 100% sealing with a fully laminated and bolted hull-deck combination --- guaranteed!
- The particularly strong deck-hull connection is attained by the additional laminate. At this point there is naturally also the anti-scouring strip, the combination of which creates a certain thickness and thereby increases safety .
- Footrails in solid teak creates a good visual effect
- Saftey central cockpit, power assisted steering, compass on steering shaft illuminated, 2 cubby holes, floor and seats in teak.
- Storage space for life-saving raft in cockpit.
- Cockpit kept tidy as all lines and ropes can be stowed away.
- Ample storage space and 2 small shelves in cockpit.
- Anchor 30kg.
- Anchor chain 10mm, galvanized, 80m.
- Metal fittings in bow in high-grade steel with anchor rocker and anchor roll.
- Bow protected with high-grade steel.
- Steering wheel with safety bar and ring for lifebelt attachment.
- Electric anchor winch 1500 W, and below deck.
- Mooring winch 700 W mounted on deck.
- Emergency tiller, operated on deck, is simple and easy to reach, to put into operation and to mount.
- Double guardrail.
- wide wooden steps for easy access from water.
- Stern pulpit in high-grade steel.
- Bow pulpit in high-grade steel, with access including steps in teak.
- Generous bow and stern clamps.
- Generous spring clamps.
- High-grade steel protection for all 6 clamps.
- 8 hatches on deck providing ventilation and light.
- 15 side windowsin deck and in hull provide optimal ventilation.
- Hatches in foreship, midships and in wet cell - in all 5.
- 2 hatches in saloon
- 1 hatch in aftship.
- The unmistakable exterior appearance is marked by the larger hatches of the saloon. The saloon is pleasantly and optimally lit in this way.
- The many hatches provide a comfortable and pleasant atmosphere, some of which can be opened.
- Hatches in saloon in laminated glass, and are closed.
- Generous stern lockers.
- High-grade telescopic steel springs on locker tops.
- Flag-staff without flag.
- Granny bars port and starboard.
- Ropes and fittings can be operated directly from cockpit. Also a safety feature.
- Electric halyard winch starboard.
- Automatic halyard winch in cockpit.
- Stopper in cockpit for diverted lines.
- Mooring warps.
- Deck in solid teak, no screws, constructed in vacuum process with adhesives. This process increases the durability of the deck.
- Cabin roof in solid teak.
- Floor and seats in cockpit in solid teak, constructed by vacuum process.
- Self-adjusting main-sheet winches, 2 gear.
- Self-tailing Genoa winches, 2 gear.
- Self-tailing Genoa winches, 2 gear, electric
- Cockpit sill in solid teak.
- Foot guard rail in solid teak.
- Bulkhead in teak, retractable into bridge deck.
- Solid protection with high-grade steel.
- Hauling point slide adaptable from cockpit.
- Sliding hatch in acrylic, foot-safe.
- Garage for sliding hatch is fully laminated.
- Instrument bracket over sliding hatch.
- Middle support in stern guard rail made of high-grade steel.
- Guard rail gate port and starboard.
- The bases of guard rail supports are of high-grade steel and unbreakable.In this way the supports are solidly fixed to the sill edge.
- Foldable safety rings for lifelines on deck, port and starboard.
- Main sheet traveller system can be operated from helmsman's seat.
- Specially formed windscreen, in acrylic.
- Spray hood.
- Natural teak shelf in cockpit.
- Length of cockpit - 2,65 metres.
- Cockpit table in teak and in front of steering column.
- Warm/cold exterior shower
Mast, Rig, Sail
- Topping lift
- Stern lower shrouds
- Deflect block at mast heel
- This expendable rigging conctruction reduces the top weight of the mast, so that the yacht reacts to the waves more comfortably and it is easier on the rigging.
- In order to keep walking space free, the Genoa lines are under deck.
- Jip sheet and main sheet
- maximal comfort and safety with a rolled mainsail, in Dacron, short verticle slats, reff ropes operated from cockpit.
- One-rope reff system,- easier sailing for a one-man crew. Reff rope operated from cockpit.
- Flexible main boom track slide, due to bearings.
- Dual sheet system ensures tidy cockpit and easy operation of main sheet. Main sheet can be operated from both sides, - main sheet traveller with bearings.
- A foam inlet has been sewn into headsail front to keep correct profile when reffed. After leech and fixed foot rope in Dacron.
- Rollreffing system for Genoa.
- Lines for headsail and mainsail in Dynema which provides continual tautness and constant sailing profile.
- Partial rigging, easier to trim, flexible and sporty-
- Unique, modern cathedral rigging; triple spreader rigging, creating extra space on side decks and optimal central point for "wind features".
- A strong boom kicker is mounted for optimal trim in light winds and increased safety.
- An automatic halyard winch is fitted to mast to enable easier usage.
- Weather vane at top of mast.
- Mast is earthed at keel for potential balance.
- An earthing sheet has been installed to provide potential balance in the tanks.
- Permanent backstay mechanically driven.
- Optimal direction of power due to flexible bolts on the chain plates