- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
It is not only the large things that make the difference between an average yacht and the SUNBEAM 37.2. It is also obvious in many small details. One example is the realisation of the centre cockpit layout. Although the passageway to the aft cabin has a comfortable head-room of almost 1.80m, the yacht still retains sporting lines. The outstanding cruising qualities of the SUNBEAM 37.2 are achieved due to the very low centre of gravity, a low coach roof, a high sail carrying capacity, and perfect ergonomics on and below deck. The fine bow cuts smoothly through the waves and gives the yacht a comfortable motion and good course holding properties, even in choppy seas. The fantastic steering response while reversing, greatly simplifies manoeuvring in harbours and marinas.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 37 ft 1 in
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 2 in
Ballast: 5511 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Dry Weight: 16534 lbs
Engine Option 1: 1x 39 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (77 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (48 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (11 Gallons)
- Chosen top-grade woods are used for the interior fittings. This reflects the tradition and the high-quality craftmanship of the boatyard.
- A good-quality teak floor creates a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
- Elegant interior design, special Sapeli mahogony, rounded edges, silky smooth surfaces and a choice of upholstery materials.
- A special three-layer painting process makes the built-in fittings long-lasting. The paints do not contain colour additives, which simplifies any repairs.
- well-formed wooden strips, glued in one piece, can be used as handrails.
- Standing room approx. 195 cm., ergonomic seating and backrests. All edges of furniture and fittings are rounded off.
- Bilge pump electric, automatic.
- Acoustical alarm for bilge pump in panel.
- The tasteful wood panelling on the hull endorses the maritime impression.
- Numerous storage spaces with anti-rolling edges at front of boat.
- The stern cabin is extremely comfortable, with double bed and bedside tables, lit wardrobes and many other storage possibilities.
- Ergonomically-formed, comfortable cushions made of fleece and foam-rubber, with buttons to keep them in place. Cushion covers are detachable.
- Modern system of securing curtains by use of a panel the full length of the saloon.
- Wet cell aftships has toilet with septic tank, washbasin, shelves in artificial stone look, cupboard, mirror, separate shower-room, flexible shower head, acrylic shower door and electric drainage pump.
- Choice of materials from our standard collection gives the fittings a personal note.
- manual toilet in the aft head
- A simply operated motor panel with rev.counter, engine hour-counter, optical and acoustical alarms, all protected by an acrylic cover.
- Good-sized fender.
- Water pumped electrically by "one-handed" mixer tap.
- Top safety in gas system provided by remote gas regulator with solenoid switch vent.
- Built-in refuse bin.
- High output diesel engine, 39 BHP, 29kw, 3-cylinder, dual-circuit cooling, schaft-driven, shaft block made of high-grade steel.
- Engine room centrally positioned for easy servicing, accessible from all sides, insulated with aluminium/foam sound proofing, and including automatic lighting.
- Water-cooled refrigeration system with compressor and cool-storage plate, low energy use, fridge divided in two with two lids, volume 110 litres.
- Diesel tank in high-grade steel, little maintenance needed. An inspection hatch is provided for small services, - also a drainage pipe with hose connection.
- Warm water boiler, heated by engine, 230 V, volume: 24 litres.
- Galley with work top in artificial stone look, 2-ringed gas cooker and oven, semi-cardanic, cupboards for crockery, ample room for pots and pans under work top, chromed taps and electrically pumped water supply.
- High-grade steel water tanks with inspection hatch, gooseneck for ventilation, chrome filler pipe.
- Automatic septic tank in high-grade steel, 58 litres, drainable and suctionable, 1 aft.
- Well-formed chart table, cupboard for charts, plenty of room for navigation instruments.
- Wooden cladding on the side walls in the cabin forms excellent insulation, as does the sandwich- formed lining in deck.
- Cupboards have ventilation slits.
- Optimal sleeping comfort due to circulation and ventilation fittings under the mattresses. Foam cushions.
- Extra comfort due to headboard on bed in aft cabin.
- Hand rail in the saloon ceiling ensures safer and easier moving about
- Mains on bord 12 volt, cables in cable conduits, optimal protection against corrosion through use of galvanized copper, dimensions according to customers requirements.
- Bow and stern lights use LED technology.
- Economic vapour and deck lamps.
- Economic anchor light at mast top - LED technology.
- Switch panel easily accessible and easy to read with automatic fuses. Ammeter and voltameter for starter and board batteries.
- 1 board battery 200 Ah, AGM technology, little maintenance, non-vapourizing
- 2 reading lights in foreship.
- 2 reading lights aft.
- Extensive spot lighting in saloon, 12 V
- Circuit-breaking relais.
- 1 starter battery 75 A, AGM technology
- Echo-sounder ST60 AH
- Speedlog ST60 AH
- Compass illuminated.
- Wind indicator ST60
- 230 V sockets: 2 in galley, 1 in stern, 1 in foreship, 1 in navigation.
- 230V sockets: 1 in stern wet cell.
- 12 V socket: 1 external.
- 12 V socket: 1 in interior navigation area.
- Battery charger 30A with plug for land cable, 12 V, with 230 V socket.
- Night lighting in saloon flooring.
- Automatic lighting in cupboards
- The hull is durable and high-grade due to full lamination. Osmosis protection with ISO/NPG resin in the first three layers and a topcoat sealing in the interior.
- Good in upwind conditions and smooth engine start, ample room for anchor chain, extended room in bow and a slim front combined with an even stern frame present a longer waterline.
- Additional deck lining for better insulation against condensation, air buffer between deck and inner lining.
- SUNBEAM yachts are well-protected from distortion, due to the reinforced plastic framework which is adhered to the hull and completely laminated.
- Rigging is distributed throughout the hull by extensive laminated carriers and the extremely secured mast supports.
- Maximal hull stability due to laminated bulkhead.
- A long-lasting, high-quality surface is guaranteed by a handpainted gelcoat.
- Osmosis prevented by an under water primer incl. antifouling.
- To avoid damages when docking with stern, a rubber protection piece has been fitted.
- Collision point in the bow and laminate at the front of boat are reinforced.
- Rudder shaft in full high-grade steel provides maximum safety, also the special construction of the rudder blades.
- For swimmers - plenty of room in bathing area - ladder easily within reach and is foldable.
- High-grade steel ball-bearing gives rudder smoothness and flexibility.
- Smooth, balanced rudder. Rudder blades fully laminated and solid.
- Lead keel makes for low-lying gravity point. Optimal safety with high-grade steel keel bolts and an additional reinforced laminate in keel area.
- Laminated reinforcement on all deck metal and wooden fittings.
- The hull is laminated by hand in one complete piece. In this way the strength is equally distributed and the durability ensured for the life of the boat. The power of the keel is extensively and evenly distributed.
- Sandwich- foam is integrated in the deck through a gelcoat in ISO/NPG resin to create optimal insulation, stiffness and a reduction in weight.
- The first 3 layers of ISO/NPG resin protect against osmosis.
- 100% sealing with a fully laminated and bolted hull-deck combination --- guaranteed!
- The particularly strong deck-hull connection is attained by the additional laminate. At this point there is naturally also the anti-scouring strip, the combination of which creates a certain thickness and thereby increases safety .
- Footrails in solid teak creates a good visual effect
- Saftey central cockpit, power assisted steering, compass on steering shaft illuminated, 2 cubby holes, floor and seats in teak.
- Ample storage space and 2 small shelves in cockpit.
- Anchor 18kg.
- Anchor chain 8mm, galvanized, 50m.
- Metal fittings in bow in high-grade steel with anchor rocker and anchor roll.
- Bow protected with high-grade steel.
- Steering wheel with safety bar and ring for lifebelt attachment.
- Electric anchor winch 1000 W, mounted below deck, connection to cables at front of boat, where it is dry.
- Emergency tiller, operated on deck, is simple and easy to reach, to put into operation and to mount.
- Double guardrail.
- Blister nose in high-grade steel.
- wide wooden steps for easy access from water.
- Stern pulpit in high-grade steel.
- Bow pulpit in high-grade steel, with access including steps in teak.
- Generous bow and stern clamps.
- Generous spring clamps.
- 1 hatch in foreship.
- 1 hatch in saloon.
- 1 hatch in aftship.
- The many hatches provide a comfortable and pleasant atmosphere, some of which can be opened.
- Generous stern lockers.
- High-grade telescopic steel springs on locker tops.
- Flag-staff without flag.
- Granny bars port and starboard.
- Ropes and fittings can be operated directly from cockpit. Also a safety feature.
- Automatic halyard winch in cockpit.
- Stopper in cockpit for diverted lines.
- Mooring warps.
- Deck in solid teak, no screws, constructed in vacuum process with adhesives. This process increases the durability of the deck.
- Floor and seats in cockpit in solid teak, constructed by vacuum process.
- Self-tailing Genoa winches, 2 gear.
- Foot guard rail in solid teak.
- Bulkhead in acrylic with ventilation slits.
- Bulkhead support.
- Solid protection with high-grade steel.
- Hauling point slide adaptable from cockpit.
- Sliding hatch in acrylic, foot-safe.
- Garage for sliding hatch is fully laminated.
- Instrument bracket over sliding hatch.
- Cableport for laying cables below deck.
- Middle support in stern guard rail made of high-grade steel.
- Guard rail gate port and starboard.
- The bases of guard rail supports are of high-grade steel and unbreakable.In this way the supports are solidly fixed to the sill edge.
- Foldable safety rings for lifelines on deck, port and starboard.
- Main sheet traveller system can be operated from helmsman's seat.
- Specially formed windscreen, in acrylic.
- Natural teak shelf in cockpit.
- Length of cockpit - 2 metres
Mast, Rig, Sail
- Topping lift
- Stern lower shrouds
- Deflect block at mast heel
- This expendable rigging conctruction reduces the top weight of the mast, so that the yacht reacts to the waves more comfortably and it is easier on the rigging.
- Jip sheet and main sheet
- maximal comfort and safety with a rolled mainsail, in Dacron, short verticle slats, reff ropes operated from cockpit.
- One-rope reff system,- easier sailing for a one-man crew. Reff rope operated from cockpit.
- Flexible main boom track slide, due to bearings.
- Dual sheet system ensures tidy cockpit and easy operation of main sheet. Main sheet can be operated from both sides, - main sheet traveller with bearings.
- A foam inlet has been sewn into headsail front to keep correct profile when reffed. After leech and fixed foot rope in Dacron.
- Rollreffing system for Genoa.
- Lines for headsail and mainsail in Dynema which provides continual tautness and constant sailing profile.
- Partial rigging, easier to trim, flexible and sporty-
- Modern double spreader rigging.
- A strong boom kicker is mounted for optimal trim in light winds and increased safety.
- An automatic halyard winch is fitted to mast to enable easier usage.
- Weather vane at top of mast.
- Tanks are earthed at keel.
- Permanent backstay mechanically driven.
- Optimal direction of power due to flexible bolts on the chain plates.