- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
The unique concept of the SUNBEAM 34.2 unites dynamics and elegance in a completely innovative way. The deliberate modern line with its clear-cut foreship is combined with flush decks and weight-saving light materials. The hand-laid lamination of the hull and the strong longitudinal and diagonal bracing create a particularly stable structure. Also the deck is bonded, solidly laminated and bolted to the hull to ensure extra safety and stability. The ergonomic design of the cockpit assures that the yacht can easily be sailed mith a short handed crew. All lines and controls are manageable single-handed from the cockpit. The clean design of the deck and wide passageways provide plenty of room to move on deck.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 34 ft 8 in
Beam: 10 ft 10 in
LWL: 31 ft 5 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 2 in
Ballast: 4409 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Dry Weight: 13889 lbs
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Option 1: 1x 29 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (63 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (24 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (12 Gallons)
- Hand-picked top-grade timbers are used for the interior fittings.
- This reflects the tradition and the high-quality craftsmanship of the boatyard.
- A special three-layer painting process makes the built-in fittings long-lasting.
- The paints do not contain colour additives, which simplifies any repairs.
- Well-formed timber edges, laminated in one piece, can be used as handrails.
- Standing room approx. 195 cm; ergonomic seating and backrests. All edges of furniture and fittings are rounded off.
- The tasteful timber panelling on the hull enhances the maritime atmosphere.
- Amble storage spaces with anti-rolling edges.
- Modern system for securing curtains by use of a panel over the full length of the saloon.
- A simply operated motor panel with rev.counter, engine hour-counter, optical and acoustical alarms, all protected by an acrylic cover.
- Built-in refuse bin.
- High output diesel engine, 29 HP, dual-circuit cooling, 3-cylinder, saildrive (Yanmar)
- Engine room centrally positioned for easy servicing, accessible from all sides, insulated with aluminium/foam sound proofing; lights in engine compartment
- Well-designed chart table, plenty of room for navigation instruments.
- In the cabin, timber panels on the hull provide excellent insulation, as does the sandwich-foam lining in the deck
- Cupboards have ventilation slots.
- Optimal sleeping comfort due to circulation and ventilation fittings under the mattresses. Foam cushions.
- A good-quality mahogany floor creates a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
- Elegant interior design, special Sapelli
- Mahogony, rounded edges, silky smooth surfaces and a choice of upholstery materials.
- Ergonomically-formed, comfortable cushions made of fleece and foam. Cushion covers are detachable (customer choice of materialds).
- Wet cell/ toilet with septic tank, wash basin, shelves in artificial stone, cupboard, mirror, separate shower-room, flexible shower head, shower curtain and electric drainage pump.
- Choice of materials from our standard collection gives the fittings a personal note.
- manual toilet
- Electric water pump. Mixer tap.
- Top safety gas system provided via remote gas regulator with solenoid switch vent.
- Water-cooled refrigeration system with compressor and cool-storage plate, low energy use.
- Diesel tank in high-grade stainless steel, little maintenance needed.
- An inspection hatch is provided for service access; drainage pipe with hose connection.
- Galley with work top in artificial stone bench tops, 2-ringed gas cooker and oven, cupboards for crockery, ample room for pots and pans under bench top, chrome taps and electrically pumped water supply.
- High-grade stainless steel water tanks with inspection hatch, gooseneck for ventilation, chrome filler pipe.
- Holding tank in high-grade stainless steel, 58 litres, drainable and suctionable, 1 aft
- 240V off-shore power and on board 12 volt, cables in cable conduits,
- Bow and stern lights use LED technology.
- Economic deck lights.
- Switch panel easily accessible and easy to read with automatic fuses.
- Amp meter and volta meter for starter and board batteries.
- 2 reading lights in foreship.
- 2 reading lights aft.
- Circuit-breaking relays.
- Echo-sounder ST60 AH
- Speed log ST60 AH
- Compass illuminated.
- Wind indicator ST60
- 230 V sockets: 2 in galley, 1 in stern, 1 in fore ship, 1 in navigation.
- 230V sockets: 1 in wet cell.
- 12 V socket: 1 external.
- 12 V socket: 1 in interior navigation area.
- Battery charger 30A with plug for land cable, 12 V, with 230 V socket.
- Night lighting in saloon flooring.
- Bilge pump electric, automatic.
- Acoustical bilge alarm in instrument panel.
- Economic anchor light at mast top - LED technology.
- Economic nav lights - LED technology
- 2 service batteries, 100 Ah, AGM technology, maintenance free, non-vapourizing.
- Extensive spot lighting in saloon, 12 V
- 1 starter battery 75 Ah, AGM technology, maintenance free, non-vapourizing
- The hull is durable and high-grade due to full lamination. Osmosis protection with ISO/NPG resin in the first three layers and a topcoat sealing in the interior.
- Good performance in upwind conditions; smooth engine start; ample room for anchor chain, extended room in bow and a slim front combined with an even stern frame resulting in a longer waterline.
- Additional deck lining for better insulation against condensation; air buffer between deck and inner lining.
- SUNBEAM yachts are well-protected from distortion, due to the reinforced plastic framework which is adhered to the hull and completely laminated.
- Rigging forces are distributed throughout the hull by extensive laminated carriers and the extremely well secured mast supports.
- Maximal hull stability due to laminated bulkhead.
- A long-lasting, high-quality surface is guaranteed by a hand painted gel-coat (multi-layer).
- Osmosis prevented by an under water primer incl. antifouling.
- To avoid damages when docking stern first, a rubber protection piece has been fitted.
- The bow section is reinforced for collision protection
- Rudder shaft in solid high-grade stainless steel and the special construction of the rudder blades provides maximum safety.
- For swimmers - plenty of room in bathing area - ladder easily within reach and foldable.
- High-grade stainless steel ball-bearing for smoothness and flexibility of rudder movement.
- Smooth, balanced rudder. Rudder blades fully laminated and solid.
- A low gravity point is achieved by use of a cast iron keel.
- Optimal safety through high-grade stainless steel keel bolts and an additional reinforced lamination in the keel area of the hull.
- Laminated reinforcement on all deck metal and timber fittings.
- The hull is laminated by hand in one complete piece.
- In this way the strength is equally distributed and the durability ensured for the life of the boat.
- The weight of the keel is extensively and evenly distributed.
- Sandwich- foam is integrated in the deck through a gel-coat in ISO/NPG resin to create optimal insulation, stiffness and a reduction in weight.
- The first 3 layers of ISO/NPG resin protect against osmosis.
- The hull deck joint is fully laminated and bolted. 100% sealing guaranteed
- Anchor 15 kg
- Anchor chain 8mm, galvanized, 30m
- Boat hook
- Flag-staff without flag.
- Hand rails - port and starboard.
- Self-tailing halyard winch in cockpit.
- Clutches and jam-cleats in cockpit for diverted lines.
- Mooring warps.
- Floor and seats in cockpit in solid teak, installed/mounted by vacuum process.
- Self-tailing genoa winches, 2 gear.
- Toe rail in solid teak.
- Solid protection with high-grade stainless steel.
- Cable port for additional cables.
- Foldable safety rings for lifelines on deck, port and starboard.
- Solid teak shelf in cockpit.
- Good-sized fender.
- Cockpit kept tidy and clear as all lines and ropes can be stowed away.
- Cockpit is self-draining; is low in boat and has ample storage space.
- Ergonomics and functionality have been taken into consideration in the design.
- Storage under cockpit and helmsnan seats.
- Bow fittings in high-grade stainless steel with anchor rocker and anchor roller
- Steering wheel with safety bar and ring for harness attachment.
- Emergency tiller, operated on deck, easy to reach and install.
- Double guardrail.
- Wide wooden stern steps for easy access from water.
- Pushpit in high-grade stainless steel.
- Pulpit in high-grade stainless steel, with access including step/seat in teak.
- Generous bow and stern cleats.
- Generous spring cleats.
- 1 hatch in foreship.
- Total of 4 hatches in saloon, over galley and in wet cell.
- 1 hatch in aftcabin
- The unmistakable exterior appearance is marked by the larg sky-lights of the saloon.
- The saloon is pleasantly and optimally lit in this way.
- The many hatches provide a comfortable and pleasant atmosphere, some of which can be opened.
- Hatches in cabin roof, 10mm acrylic fibre.
- High-grade telescopic stainless steel spring on locker top.
- Ropes and fittings can be operated directly from cockpit for safety.
- Headsail car adjustable from cockpit.
- Sliding hatch in acrylic, slip-safe.
- Garage for sliding hatch - fully laminated.
- Instrument bracket over sliding hatch.
- The bases of guard rail supports are of high-grade steel and unbreakable.
- In this way the supports are solidly fixed to the sill edge.
- Length of cockpit - 2,1 metres
Mast, Rigging, Sails
- Masthead shrouds
- Aft lower shrouds
- Mast food with blocks for all halyards and lines
- The rig construction is designed to reduce top weight. This way the yacht reacts to the wave motion more comfortably. Rig strain is reduced.
- 9/10 partial rigging, easier to trim, flexible and sporty-
- Modern double spreader rigging.
- Mast is earthed at keel.
- Topping lift
- Lazy-jack lines from boom to spreaders.
- Jip sheet and main sheet
- Mainsail in Dacron, combination of half and full battens and double reefing for better trimming and comfortable handling.
- One-rope reefing system for easier sailing for a single-handed crew.
- Reefing rope operated from cockpit.
- Dual main-sheet system ensures tidy cockpit and easy trimming of main sail.
- Main sheet can be operated from both sides of the cockpit.
- Main sheet traveller with bearings.
- Roller- reefing system for genoa.
- Headsail- and mainsail halyards in spectra; provides continual tautness and constant sail profile.
- A strong boom kicker for optimal trim in light winds and increased safety.
- Weather vane at top of mast.
- Adjustable permanent backstay, flexible