- View Full Specifications
- Hull Material:
- Engine/Fuel Type:
The hull is not built to a formula, but specially designed for optimal speed. This gives the yacht stable course holding qualities and extreme manoeuvrability. The main features of the Sunbeam are a young design, a modern rig as well as easy handling qualities. A further feature of the Sunbeam is the sharp steven, which cuts finely through the water on the tack. The yacht sails dry and is very stable due to the "U" form chines and the generous beam of 2.5 meters. This, combined with a high ballast ratio of 38%, guarantees an optimal combination of weight and form stability. High value has been placed on a serious and classically elegant finish. This mixture from esprit and cosiness guarantees each owner optimal sailing enjoyment, whether it be in lake and coastal sailing.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 22 ft 10 in
Beam: 8 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 2 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Headroom: 5 ft 2 in
Dry Weight: 3527 lbs
- Chosen top-grade woods are used for the interior fittings.
- This reflects the tradition and the high-quality craftmanship of the boatyard.
- A good-quality mahogany floor creates a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
- Elegant interior design, special Sapeli mahogony, rounded edges, silky smooth surfaces and a choice of upholstery materials.
- A special three-layer painting process makes the built-in fittings long-lasting.
- The paints do not contain colour additives, which simplifies any repairs.
- Standing room approx. 150cm., ergonomic seating and backrests.
- Seating in th cabin is ergonomic and comfortable.
- Length of berth in cabin is 2 metres.
- Bilge pump electric, automatic.
- Packs/bags are installed at front of boat to ensure adequate storage space.
- The tasteful wood panelling on the hull endorses the maritime impression.
- Ergonomically-formed, comfortable cushions made of fleece and foam-rubber, with buttons to keep them in place. Cushion covers are detachable.
- Choice of materials from our standard collection gives the fittings a personal note.
- Saloon table can be dismounted and used in cockpit.
- Insulated cool box, approx. 15 litres.
- Optimal space for sleeping formed by triangular cushioning
- Mains on bord 12 volt, cables in cable conduits, optimal protection against corrosion through use of galvanized copper, dimensions according to customers requirements.
- Switch panel easily accessible and easy to read with automatic fuses.
- 1 board battery about 100 Ah, AGM technology, little maintenance, non-vapourizing.
- 2 reading lights in foreship.
- Extensive spot lighting in saloon, 12 V
- The hull is durable and high-grade due to full lamination. Osmosis protection with ISO/NPG resin in the first three layers and a topcoat sealing in the interior.
- Good in upwind conditions and smooth engine start, ample room for anchor chain, extended room in bow and a slim front combined with an even stern frame present a longer waterline.
- Additional deck lining for better insulation against condensation, air buffer between deck and inner lining.
- SUNBEAM yachts are well-protected from distortion, due to the reinforced plastic framework which is adhered to the hull and completely laminated.
- Rigging is distributed throughout the hull by extensive laminated carriers and the extremely secured mast supports.
- Maximal hull stability due to laminated bulkhead.
- A long-lasting, high-quality surface is guaranteed by a handpainted gelcoat.
- Osmosis prevented by an under water primer incl. antifouling.
- To avoid damages when docking with stern, a rubber protection piece has been fitted.
- Rudder shaft in full high-grade steel provides maximum safety, also the special construction of the rudder blades.
- For swimmers - plenty of room in bathing area - ladder easily within reach and is foldable.
- Smooth rudder bearing in brass, reduced maintenance.
- Smooth, balanced rudder. Rudder blades fully laminated and solid.
- A low-lying gravity point achieved with cast iron keel.
- Optimal safety with high-grade steel bolts and an additional reinforced laminate in keel area.
- Laminated reinforcement on all deck metal and wooden fittings.
- The hull is laminated by hand in one complete piece.
- In this way the strength is equally distributed and the durability ensured for the life of the boat.
- The power of the keel is extensively and evenly distributed.
- Sandwich- foam is integrated in the deck through a gelcoat in ISO/NPG resin to create optimal insulation, stiffness and a reduction in weight.
- The first 3 layers of ISO/NPG resin protect against osmosis.
- Deck and hull bolted to an aluminium strip, which in itself contains a strong anti-scouring rubber strip
- Cockpit is self-draining, is low in boat and has ample storage space.
- Ergonomics and functionality have been taken into consideration in designing.
- Single guardrail.
- Comfortable belts attached to guardrail in seating area of cockpit.
- wide wooden steps for easy access from water.
- Stern pulpit in high-grade steel.
- Bow pulpit in high-grade steel, with access including steps in teak.
- Generous bow and stern clamps.
- 1 hatch in foreship.
- The many hatches provide a comfortable and pleasant atmosphere, some of which can be opened.
- Flag-staff without flag.
- Granny bars port and starboard.
- Ropes and fittings can be operated directly from cockpit. Also a safety feature.
- Stopper in cockpit for diverted lines.
- Halyard winch in cockpit, port and starboard.
- Mooring warps.
- Self-tailing Genoa winches, 1 gear.
- Bulkhead in acrylic with ventilation slits.
- Solid protection with high-grade steel.
- Hauling point slide adaptable.
- Sliding hatch in acrylic, foot-safe.
- Garage for sliding hatch is fully laminated.
- Tiller alternately-inlaid in mahogony.
- Telescopic tiller.
- Tiller stopper.
- Sill of cockpit fitted as wide seating area.
- Length of cockpit - 2 metres.
Mast, Rig, Sail
- Stern lower shrouds
- Mast with high-grade steel mast shoe - tiltable
- Deflect block at mast heel
- Automatic Bergström rigging without permanent backstay, swept-winged outrigger.
- Lazyjacks linen from boom to outrigger.
- Jip sheet and main sheet
- Semi-smooth mainsail double-reffed, in dacron, - makes for better trimming and comfortable reefing.
- One-rope reff system,- easier sailing for a one-man crew. Reff rope operated from cockpit.
- Headsails with jib hank; in Dacron.
- Partial rigging, easier to trim, flexible and sporty-
- Modern single spreader rigging.
- A strong boom kicker is mounted for optimal trim in light winds and increased safety.
- Weather vane at top of mast