- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portsmouth, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 1,295,000
Superyacht designers, Dubois Naval Architects and renowned interior designers Rhoades Young were commissioned to work alongside the Southerly design team, to create this flagship of the Southerly range. ROSETTA’s innovative design, powerful sailing performance, superior build quality and luxurious four stateroom accommodations plan are all hallmarks of this Southerly 57RS line. This ultimate blue water yacht offers the very best in cruising comfort while offshore or gunk holing along your favorite coastline. Rosetta is the finest example and most viable option for today's market offerings.
For complete details please contact Central Agent Bill Titus at Northrop and Johnson, Newport office, (401) 848-5500, Cell (401) 935-3058. To receive more information by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 50 years Northrop and Johnson has provided our clients with timely, accurate information to help them acquire the right yacht. This service requires professional, experienced brokers and cannot be solely derived from the Internet To view other Northrop and Johnson listings, please visit our website: www.northropandjohnson.com
Please contact Bill Titus at 401-849-0120
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Northshore Marine
Designer: Ed Dubois
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 58 ft 2 in
Beam: 17 ft 1 in
LWL: 52 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 11 in
Total Power: 163 HP
Engine Brand: Steyr Marine Engine
Year Built: 2010
Engine Model: MO 166K28
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 320
Engine Power: 163 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Maximum Speed: 9 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (228 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (300 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (105 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 3
Vessel Overview and Descriptions
Superyacht designers, Dubois Naval Architects and renowned interior designers Rhoades Young were commissioned to work alongside the Southerly design team, to create this flagship of the Southerly range. ROSETTA’s innovative design, powerful sailing performance, superior build quality and luxurious four stateroom accommodations plan are all hallmarks of this Southerly 57RS line. This ultimate blue water yacht offers the very best in cruising comfort while offshore or gunk holing along your favorite coastline.
ROSETTA’s hull is characterized by a long waterline, fine entry and beam carried aft to ensure the highest degree of performance, comfort, stability and safety. The beautifully stylish lines of the coach roof exudes sophistication and elegance, normally only seen on much larger yachts. ROSETTA has been customized with her sleek, built in windshield and hosts a wide variety of custom canvas options including full enclosure to simple Bimini arrangement.
ROSETTA is primarily designed for easy handling, and can be sailed by just two people. The tall powerful rig with swept back spreaders will keep the yacht sailing fast in all weather conditions, with minimum effort. The double headsail rig is suitable for most wind conditions and sailing environments; the self- tacking jib allows you to sail easily on short tacks without any effort, ideal for coastal cruising.
ROSETTA’s overlapping, upgraded genoa enhances upwind performance in light airs, and together, the double headsail is perfect for down wind trade wind sailing. An asymmetric gennaker, for off wind sailing, can be flown from a hydraulic retractable carbon bowsprit. Most notably, ROSETTA’s sail plan is supported by her GMT Carbon 3 spreader mast and carbon hydraulic in boom furling package offering the very finest in modern day sail handling . Combined with the benefits of the unique Swing Keel, deep draft performance and shallow draft freedom, this Southerly 57RS is in a class of her own.
Attention to detail, ensures the design is well founded and of a pedigree that derives from being born in the traditions of yacht design. Every corner, junction and unused volume is re-worked and re-engineered until the most efficient and aesthetically pleasing solution is found. The interior style is traditional in its practicality but with contemporary, fresh touches in appearance. The overriding impression is of light and space with connection between inside and out through extensive windows both to the sides and forward, affording commanding views when relaxing in the raised saloon seating.
Come and get a little closer to ROSETTA to understand how she may best suit your future yachting endeavors.
ROSETTA hosts a 4 SR layout with full beam master ensuite cabin forward flanked by a smaller guest cabin aft and to starboard. This guest cabin easily doubles as additional stowage for the master. Next aft is the full beam galley and snug area hosting an abundance of counter space, easy access appliances found in most home kitchens. There is a breakfast nook / snug area to starboard.
Moving up and aft to the raised salon the chef is not forgotten. Open back seating allows for magnificent lighting, communications and sight lines. Dining to port or starboard with exceptional scenic views to the outside one will feel an amazing sense of openness. Down to port is the state of the art navigation area. Day head and guest cabin with upper and lower single berths follow aft. Down and to starboard one will find a very comfortable double berth guest cabin with ensuite head and shower.
ROSETTA interior will offer you an exceptional feel of openness. She is bright and area with exceptional natural lighting and ventilation. Shut the generator and five air con units down for quiet ship operation and enjoy the surroundings in distinct pleasure.
All interior joiner work is furniture grade and constructed of American Cherry with gloss varnish finish. Memory foam mattresses, upgraded fabrics throughout and so many other finer aspects of this vessel confirm her no expense spared build nature! You will not be disappointed!
PLEASE SEE GA FOR DETAILS. Note if crew is desired, the port aft cabin with adjoin head and shower might be most suitable and provide ample privacy for all. This head also serves as a day head with access just aft of the Nav area.
On deck accommodations include an inviting and spacious aft cockpit with centerline drop leaf table allowing comfortable dining for 8 when set or easy walk around through and past her twin pedestal steering wheel arrangements for easy access to swim platform and garage. Her teak cockpit table hosts a drinks fridge within. It should be further noted that the cockpit may be fully enclosed with her numerous options on her stainless steel framework, Bimini, dodger and drop curtains.
There is additional seating on deck at the custom teak bow pulpit and pushpit seats.
• Front loading custom fridge with Top loading custom freezer
• Isotherm 3200 ASU ice box fitted into insulated cockpit table
• Microwave 110 volt
• Patay Helford chrome freshwater hand pump fitted at galley sink
• S/S Quooker instant hot water
• Penguin Marine wine cooler c/w keel cooler. 66ltr, 3 bottles per shelf unit
• Kenmore trash compactor
• Vitrifrigo XT Half Height Ice Maker from Penguin Kenmore Single drawer dishwasher
• 4 burner cooktop with oven
• Galley extractor with slim line s/s hood with inline fan ducted to exterior
• Ice maker
• Teak table in cockpit with built in fridge
• 1 Ray 55 VHF Radio with DSC function at port helm
• 1 RAY 218 VHF Radio with DSC function, hailer with 'listen back' capability at chart table
• External hailer horn speaker for Ray 218E VHF radio mounted on spreader
• 5 Wire in mast maker supplied External hailer horn speaker for Ray 218E VHF
• 1 RayMic 2nd station hand mike for VHF 55E radio at nav station
• 1 RayMic 2nd station hand mike for VHF 218E at cockpit coach roof steering position
• Raymarine AIS 500 system
• Navtex 6 Plus
• 1 Iridium satellite phone system with USB laptop connection at chart table.
• Portable Iridium hand set to be used at snug point
• KVH TracVision M1 Satellite TV Antenna with 12v Direct TV Receiver
• Scanstrut post fitted to port aft quarter, through deck mounted for KVH M1
• Satellite receiver, GPS, Radar, Fore and aft facing spot lights plus stern nav light
• Navpod in front of companionway to mount ST70's and ST60 wind instrument & control pad
• Raymarine Navigation System including 2 E140 displays at aft steering stations and 1 E140 forward
• VGA output to 20" monitor located at nav station & 22" TV in master cabin. Both stations with Sea Talk hardwired kidney shaped keyboard controls
• 4 x multi function ST70+ instruments and ST70+ keypad controls location: Nav station, forward master cabin, Port & starboard helm station
• Raymarine 18'' Ethernet Raydome RD418HD c/w scanstrut bracket at stern
• Analog ST60+ wind display at each helm station
• Raystar 125 GPS antenna mounted on scanstrut bracket
• All associated cables, transducers and processors
• Additional Raystar 125 GPS antenna and wire with changeover switch only
• Additional ST 60+ Wind display at companionway
• Lewmar Mamba drive autopilot with ST70 display in cockpit a Port helm pod and at chart table, SPX30 Smart pilot with Rate Gyro. Raymarine Smart controller wireless for autopilot charging lead and bracket, fitted at chart table and one additional auto pilot control at starboard helm.
• Helm Pod Customization, in Plant Pod for E140’s at helm stations
GMT Composite Spars triple spreader Carbon Mast
Upgrades to GMT Composites painted carbon fiber mast to include;
• Painted carbon fiber spreaders
• Carbon fiber masthead
• Custom extended masthead crane
• Nitronic 50 rod standing rigging
• Optional Spinnaker pole, track and car as per GMT composites written specification.
• Mainsail track to be custom extruded GMT PowerFurl boom track system attached to reinforced mast wall.
• GMT PowerFurl Hydraulic boom system
• Powered Genoa furling headstay - Furlex 400 E 24v
• Powered Jib furling inner stay - Furlex 400 E 24v
• Selden Carbon Fiber Bow Sprit - hydraulically extended with control at helm
• Navtec System 50 Hydraulic Panel in cockpit for Vang and Back Stay.
• Stainless Hydraulic Fitting specified for all hydraulic lines and equipment
• Navtec hydraulic Vang emergency dump valve
• Emergency cutoff / isolator button for powered winches & bow thruster systems
• 3 Spinnaker/Gennaker, blocks & custom S/S attachments
• 5 Spinnaker tack block excluding Tack line and spectra strop
• 1 Windex fitting at masthead
All by North Sails
Mainsail 92 m² (990 sq ft)
Self Tacking Jib 59 m² (635 sq ft)
Furling Genoa 104 m² (1,119 sq ft)
Asymmetric Gennaker 188 m² (2,024 sq ft)
• In boom furling Dyneema SRP sandwich SRP 75 Main
• Roller Furling Dyneema SRP 95 Jib
• Roller Furling Dyneema Genoa upgraded to SRP 75 for 16 knots true
• All Dyneema sails have been treated with SailKote by North
• G2 Gennaker / Norlon 150 - Area 275 sq m , includes snuffer, sock and custom deployment bag from sail locker
• Steyr Marine Diesel rated at 163HP with 160 running hours coupled via Aqua drive bearing assembly, through dripless shaft log to a three bladed Brunton Three Bladed folding propeller protected by an Ambassador line cutter on shaft
• Mathers electronic gear controls at both pedestals and forward coachroof
• Mastervolt Whisper Quiet 10KW Generator with 60 running hours
• Aqua drive unit CVB21.20
• Dual Racor fuel filter system
• LG-X 400 Fuel conditioner only one for main engine and one LG-X 200 for Generator
• Lewmar Bow and Stern Thruster
• Seafire automatic extinguishing system in engine and generator spaces
• 50 amp 60 Cycle US compatible electrical system
• 110v socket and 12v sockets in abundance
• DC wiring is tinned Copper as per US specification
• Bus type distribution system 24V 330 Ah service battery bank system with dedicated 12v 90Ah main engine start battery
• Battery charger 12v - 15A main engine/ Generator start battery
• Battery charger 24v - 75 A Service battery bank NS STD
• 110 v Ring main Includes
Double outlet socket to each cabin
Earth leak circuit breaker and connection cable (with plug for shore connection)
60 litre capacity 1Kw Immersion heater fitted in calorifier
• Upgrade 24v service batteries to AGM & increase capacity (24V 600 Ah)
• Upgrade 24v service batteries from 600Ah to 900Ah to meet 24v needs
• Upgrade 12v engine start battery to AGM & increase capacity (12v 200 ah)
• Mastervolt BTM battery monitor with Mastervolt Easyview touch screen monitor with shunt
• Mastervolt Generator WHISPER 10 Ultra 110V 9.4KW, 60Hz.1500 RPM sound shield.
• Upgrade Generator start battery to AGM
• Service Alternator upgrade from 75A to 110A
• Service battery charger to MASS Combo Inverter charger unit 24/4000 120A
• Additional battery inverter combi for 24v needs 24/2000/ 60A
• Mastervolt automatic transfer switch 3 inputs - Shore/Generator/inverter
• Adverc alternator regulator (boost)
• Low level LED cockpit lighting
• Automatic Wardrobe lighting: 4 wardrobes fwd cabins, 2 aft cabin wardrobes
• 10 - 12v interior socket (Cigarette lighter type) Position
2 x master cabin
1 x mid ship cabin workstation
2 x port aft cabin
1 nav station
2 x saloon each side
1 x stbd aft cabin
1 x nook area
• 2 - 12 volt 25amp socket fitted in cockpit (suitable for high load applications such as dinghy inflator) Position stbd lazarette locker & port side helm station
• Additional 12v Service battery system
• Masthead anchor light, tricolor - steaming light and deck flood light
• Upgraded Deck level navigation lights to Lopo LED lights
• 1 - 50 amp 125/250 volt shore supply on cable master
• 1 - 50 amp 125 volt shore supply on cable master
• Red courtesy light in forward cabin position: low level port and starboard
• Eberspacher diesel fired hot air heating system with 6 outlets; one to each cabin, salon saloon, wet locker compartment, 2 additional heater outlets fitted to forward end of aft cockpit
• Extractor fan/blower fitted in heads with two way switch
• Bow thruster, Lewmar 250 TT with control at steering pedestal
• Stern thruster, Lewmar 250TT with control at steering pedestal
• Additional 2 x independent thruster controls for Stern & Bow thruster fitted to Stbd pedestal
• Max-prop ( 3 feathering blades) in lieu of standard
• Rope cutter: Ambassador AM10 on prop shaft
• Holding tank system: heads pump to sea or into tank.
• 3 Grey water localized sump boxes to reduce number of skin fittings. Single skin fitting for all three heads and galley combined.
• 3 X Shaver socket state position: Each head underside of cabinet out of sight
• 5 Ground fault interrupt 110v socket in each heads for hair dryer
• Watermaker: (generator required) Fit HRO Safari Escape 600, 95 ltrs/hr
• Aqua Filta water filter
• Seawater Deck wash pump with outlet at bow
• Freshwater Deck wash pump with outlet at bow
• Seawater Deck wash pump with outlet in tender garage.
• Freshwater Deck wash pump with outlet in tender garage
• Deck shower with hot & cold water fitted in cockpit
• Deck shower with hot & cold water fitted in garage area for use on bathing platform
• Sea Fire Automatic fire extinguisher system installed in engine compartment
• Sea fire manual control located in cockpit.
• Analogue Tank monitors - Fuel, Water and Black Water
• Hella 12v cabin fans (12). Units linked to Can Bus system
• Splendide Washer / Dryer combo unit WD2100 XC.
• 2 x Pantagraph windscreen wipers fitted to main coachroof windows with washer jets.
• Reverse cycle air conditioning system. To consist of;
1 x Climma 16000 BTU unit to Saloon
2 x Climma 7000 BTU unit to Twin aft cabins
1 x Climma 10000 BTU unit to Forward master cabin
10000 BTU for Galley & Midships guest cabin.
System to run independently of Eberspacher Hot air
• Diesel powered heating system fitted as standard.
• 2 x High water level alarm hard wired
• 1 LPG gas & Carbon Monoxide detection, includes solenoid control switch fitted for galley. Sensors located in low level lying area for galley & generator.
• Blowout drain in the fresh water system to facilitate winterizing
• Additional electric bilge pumps
• Red and white overhead light to snug area
• 2 additional over headlights fitted above head of berth in master
• Power supply for Future fit of owner supplied davits
• Sea Fire Automatic fire extinguisher system installed in machinery compartment.
• Waterproof cockpit speakers for radio/ CD/MP3 stereo system
• Glomex TV antenna one outlet with splitter system for 3 x TV's
• Polyplaner RD44 zoned sound system with controls in Master cabin, Saloon & Cockpit. System includes iPod interface and cradle plus CD changer at Nav station.
• 3 x HDTV's
1 x 22" Combo TV/DVD in Starboard aft cabin
1 x 22" Combo TV/DVD Master cabin forward
1 x 32" Combo TV/DVD Saloon
Deck and Hull
• Hull color: Non – Standard Off White 3969 Gelcoat
• Deck color: Off White 3969
• Teak laid decking to ring decks and fwd coach roof area
• Teak laid decking to cockpit coamings
• 8 x size 300A Nomen folding cleats, in lieu of standard
• 3 Aft open type fair leads by Schaefer Marine 60-60
• 3 Forward open type mooring fair leads on bulkwark type Schaefer Marine 60-60
• Anti-Chafe stainless steel strips in way of mooring cleats
• Wheel, table & pedestal pod covers - Sunbrella plus fabric - 5034 Burgundy
• Satin varnished Teak cockpit table
• Windlass: Lewmar V5 with gypsy in lieu of standard, complete with control head and chain counter
• Double teak seats at pushpit
• Single seat with teak slats located on each side Port & Stbd
• Teak pad for outboard engine stowage fitted to pushpit
• Lewmar 48 AEST powered halyard winches Port & starboard side in lieu of standard
• Lewmar 68 AEST powered Genoa sheet winches in lieu of standard
• Lewmar 54AEST powered main sheet winches in lieu of standard
• Lewmar size 30 pilothouse hatches
• Line bags with winch handle pocket mounted either side of companionway
• 1 Wind sock to fit forward deck hatch
• 9 Bracket to hold Fortress FX 37 anchor to be situated in Fwd sail locker
• Warp and chain for Kedge anchor (20ft chain 250ft warp)
• Four Additional halyard lead blocks and clutches
• Companionway step removable step 60mm high to aid access to stepping over companion way threshold
• Helm step to be grating type, 60mm high when flat but needs to be angled outboard to create level when the boat is healed. Inboard side has fiddle to prevent feet sliding off
• Fore and Aft Dorade Vents
• Mooring Cleats with anti-chafe rubbing strips
• Custom cowl vents and Dorades
Hull construction is heavy duty GRP molding, hand laid up to Southerly’s Nordseal laminating system incorporating multi-axle and unidirectional reinforcements. The hull has a single skin bottom with a stiffening grillage of transverse frames and longitudinal stringers. Topsides are sandwich construction. All main bulkheads are bonded into the hall at main layup stage. The engine bearers are also an integral part of the hull structure.
Kevlar Hull Reinforcement: Total coverage area including overlaps will be 45m2 Kevlar hull reinforcement to include Kevlar below the waterline and full extent of the topsides forward tapering down to 150mm above DWL in the region of the mast. Kevlar as Woven Aramid Kevlar 49 - K0931 Plain Weave Cloth at 285gsm sandwiched between two layers of 300CSM.
ROSETTA hosts a custom gelcoat color, crimson red boot top, Nordseal anti-osmosis system, clear gelcoat below the waterline, and two coats of anti-fowling.
Deck construction is hand laid up GRP sandwich construction with teak decking overlay. Heavily stressed areas are additionally reinforced with unidirectional glass reinforcement. The deck is bonded and mechanically fixed to the hole through the entire length and to all main bulkheads resulting in a strong and integrated unit.
Tenders and Toys
• 1 Williams 325 turbo jet RIB -with quick release wheel
• 1 VHF white flush mounted to RIB steering console
• Bathing Ladder
• LED Lighting
• Lifting Strops
• Automatic Inflator
• Anchor and Rope
• Telescopic Paddle
• Cushion color - Sunbrella Acrylic canvas 25034 Burgundy
Hydraulically opening and closing transom door creates magnificent water access with teak beach, swim ladder, hot and cold shower while offering the utility space for housing Williams Jet tender. A custom deployment launching and recovery system has her in an out in a flash. Stunning! Out of sight out of mind!
• Horseshoe lifebuoy (yellow) with plastic bracket & light
• Liferaft: Plastimo 8 man Offshore std pack cannister Position: Port side pushpit.
• Plastimo 316L universal liferaft stowage cradle
• 1 Harness lifeline jackstays port & starboard (PVC coated wire)
• US Coast Guard required safety equipment
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Northrop and Johnson, Inc.
Newport, RI, United States
Newport, RI, United States
James E. Graves
Newport, RI, United States
Covey Island Boat Works
Shoal Draft Cruiser
Newport, RI, United States
38 Raised Salon
Newport, RI, United States
Yachting Developments, Nz
San Diego, CA, United States