- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Northeast Harbor, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 379,000
LIONHEART represents the nicest M-36 currently on the market and is for sale by her original owner and is in excellent condition. customized her during her build adding additional wood on the outsid LIONHEARTshould be seriously considered by anyone in the market for breathtaking daysailer that is fun and rewarding to sail.
For more information please contact Wythe Ingebritson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or cell at 207-664-8111
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-664-8111
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Morris Yachts
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 36 ft 1 in
Beam: 10 ft 1 in
LWL: 25 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 3 in
Displacement: 8900 lbs Half Load
Ballast: 3850 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 52 ft 2 in
Total Power: 21 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3YM20FC
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 330
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 21 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Plastic (20 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (20 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Plastic (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 1
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Lionheart is a beautiful example of the Sparkman & Stevens designed Morris M36 Daysailer.One of the last designs that Olin Stephens worked on, the M36 is the epitome of elegant simplicity with a graceful combination of classic lines and modern design and boat building. All control lines are led under deck to two winches at the helm, allowing the boat to be easily sailed by one person without ever leaving the wheel while the large open cockpit with over six foot seats provide plenty of room for family and friends. A full batten main sail with lazyjacks and a self-tacking roller furled jib make setting sail quick and easy.
Lionheart was customized by her owner during the build process to include upgraded B&G 3000 electronics system, beautiful teak cladding on the truck cabin and cockpit coamings, teak decking on the side decks, cockpit and cockpit seats and much more. This past year she has had her bottom stripped, barrier coated and repainted and brand new North 3DL sails added (never used). She is for sale by her original owner who has enjoyed using her lightly and has kept her professionally maintained.
Hull & Deck
- Vacuum infused composite hull with Vinylester resin and balsa core.
- External S&S designed performance keel with modified bulb (keel and bulb angle aft to prevent catching on lobster pots).
- Carbon fiber spade rudder with carbon/epoxy rudder post
- Hull is Flag Blue Awlgrip, single Cream boot stripe, gold leaf cove stripe.
- Red SeaHawk bottom paint. Bottom stripped and refinished with Tuff Stuff epoxy primer/ barrier coat and new bottom paint 2016
- Composite hull with vacuum bagged Corecell core
- Oyster White gelcoat deck with matching oyster non-skid (on cabin top only as remaining decks are covered with teak decking).
- Varnished teak toerails eyebrow and cabin top handrails.
- Additional varnished teak cladding on cabin sides, inside and outside of coamings, coaming caps sea hood, and cabin backs.
- Teak decking on side and fore decks, cockpit and cockpit seats
- (2) 3” stainless steel cowl vents on varnished teak dorade boxes.
- Solar vent on the cabin top above the head compartment.
- Custom polished stainless steel bow, stern and midship chocks integrated into teak toerail (bow chocks are open to allow larger mooring pennants)
- Bow and stern cleats are stainless steel fixed Herreshoff style with folding Accon midship cleats
- Custom stainless steel removable bow roller for anchor line
- Folding padeyes on deck for fenders with chafe strips on toe rail
- Folding padeye on foredeck for removable block for jib barberhauler
- Removable stand up blocks for gennakers
- Desk fills for fuel, water and waste with integrated handles
- Edson varnish teak rimmed stainless steel steering wheel with integrated wheel brake.
- Custom Morris helm pedestal incorporating wheel, engine control panel, single lever engine controls, binnacle, binnacle guard and main sheet lead
- Canvas cover for pedestal and wheel.
- Teak decking on cockpit seats.
- Cockpit seat cushions with seat backs in Sunbrella "Linen" with "SeaSand" piping.
- (2) Electric Lewmar 40 stainless steel electric self-tailing winches at helm for all sail control lines for main and jib.
- (6) Lewmar rope clutches leading all sail control lines to winches @ the helm.
- (2) Lewmar 40CCST winches (for Gennaker) with winch pads and hardware.
- Storage area for lines in coaming side on either side of wheel
- Freshwater deck shower in port line storage area
- Overhead boom light (with dimmer control) to illuminate the cockpit
- Table base for removable varnished teak table (table also mounts in cabin below)
- (2) stainless steel recessed drink holders in cockpit winch pods
- (2) custom stainless steel Morris Yachts cup/mug holders attached to helm guard
- Kenwood wired control to stereo mounted in coaming at helm
- Alpine marine speakers mounted in coaming at helm
- Varnished solid teak removable saloon style companionway doors with storage bag in cockpit locker.
- Additional varnished teak screen companionway doors with storage bag
The interior below is finished simply yet elegantly in a classic Herreshoff style with white bulkheads and gloss varnished mahogany trim, To starboard down the companionway steps is a small galley with an enclosed heat to port. Two long settee berths are forward of the head and galley with twin end table lockers are forward of the settees. Forward of the end table lockers is a large comfortable double berth.
- Teak and Holly cabin sole with satin finish.
- Large fixed portlights with varnished manhogany frames provide abundant natural light to the main cabin area.
- A large opening deck hatch over the forward berth provides additional light and ventilation and incorporates built in roll up screen and shade
- Dorade vents inside incorporate sliding flow control to adjust airflow from inside the cabin
- Lighting is provided by overhead dome lights over galley and head and (6) bulkhead mounted stainless reading lights in main cabin and forward berth
- Storage behind settee seat backs and in shelves above seats
- Removable varnished teak table with padded storage bag with mounting base in main cabin and cockpit (stores in locker behind settee seat back when not in use)
- Varnished mahogany mast base cover elegantly dresses mast base and wire exits
Located to starboard directly below the companionway, the simple galley is equipped with everything needed to spend the night aboard.
- Isotherm 1.45 CUFT DC refrigerator with stainless steel liner,
- Corian countertop with mirror polished stainless steel under-mounted sink
- Optional pressurized fresh water pump with stainless single lever faucet and pull out sprayer
- Storage in lockers outboard of counter and drawers below
- Garbage bin mounted to locker door below drawers
- Additional storage and access to systems below sink
- 12v DC and 110v AC outlets
- Portable Origo single burner alcohol stove (stores in galley locker)
Located to port (opposite galley), the head is finished with oiled teak trim and a Corian countertop.
- Raritan PHII marine toilet with 20 gallon polyethylene holding tank and Snake River external tank level monitor.
- Corian counter with undermounted mirror polished stainless steel sink and single lever fresh water faucet
- Storage in large drawer below counter and locker with sliding doors above counter
- The large fixed portlight provides ample natural light which is complemented by the overhead dome light
- Fireport access to engine compartment
Optional forward berth configuration with varnished trim throughout.
- Mahogany hull sheathing
- Overhead Bomar stainless steel hatch with integrated shade/screen
- Two bulkhead mounted reading lights
- Storage in drawer under berth and in lockers under bunk top
- Throw pillows and fitted sheets and mattress cover (linens store in bolster cushion when not in use).
Engine and Mechanical
- Yanmar 3YM20C with saildrive unit. 3-cylinder, direct injected, fresh water-cooled 21 hp marine diesel.
- Spin-on fuel/water separator.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- Flex-O-Fold 16” two blade propeller.
- Custom Morris instrument panel at the helm including Faria gauges with SS bezels, ignition switch, start and stop buttons, and audible alarms.
- Morse single lever throttle with neutral safety switch mounted on pedestal.
- Sureflow fresh water pump with Scandvik single handle faucets for head and galley sinks
- Whale 12v bilge pump with automatic float switch and manual override
- Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located at helm
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system.
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost.
- Emergency tiller
- (2) dry chemical fire extinguishers.
- Two 12 VDC Mastervolt AGM house batteries.
- One Optima 1000M 60 Amp engine start battery.
- Mastervolt 90 Amp/12VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging.
- Mastervolt 12 VDC distribution panel.
- Shorepower system with shore cord, galvanic isolator and ELCI protection
- Mastervolt Mass Combi inverter/charger 12/2000-100
- Davis windex light mounted at masthead to illuminate wind vane
Electronics & Navigation
- ICOM IC-M422 waterproof VHF Radio w/additional cockpit-mounted Command Microphone.
- B&G Zeus Z8 color chartplotter/radar display mounted on pedestal at the helm.
- B&G 4G Broadband radar mounted on mast on stainless steel bracket
- B&G H3000 Autopilot with Jefa DD-2 autopilot linear drive
- B&G H3000 Depth/Wind/Speed instrument displays (two GFD combination displays on aft cabin bulkhead
- Simrad Weather Module 2 satellite weather receiver interfaced with B&G system
- Ritchie Globemaster Powerdamp 5" magnetic compass in stainless steel mount on binnacle
- Kenwood AM/FM/CD stereo with speakers in cabin and cockpit
- Kenwood wired remote for stereo at helm
- iPod interface for Kenwood stereo.
- Sirius satellite radio antenna with interface for Kenwood stereo
Sails & Rigging
- Carbon fiber mast by Hall Spars (painted to match deck).
- Hall Spars aluminum boom (painted to match deck)
- Traditional sail cover (removes completely)
- Fractional rig with swept back spreaders.
- New North 3DL full batten main with single slab reef (2016 - never used)
- New North 3DL jib, self tacking (curved track) with Harken furler (2016 - never used)
- North Marathon 3DL full batten main (good condition).
- North Marathon 3DL jib, (good condition).
- North Sails asymmetrical G-AP2 Gennaker package with sail, winches, and hardware.
- North Sails G-0 Gennaker package with sail and furler. Includes sheets, removable stand up blocks and furler
- Harken MK IV manual jib furler
- Navtec stainless steel rod standing rigging with Navtec stainless steel turnbuckle covers
- Sailtec stainless steel hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- New England rope low-stretch running rigging.
- Hall QuickVang.
- Block and tackle jib halyard tensioner
- Lewmar 40 stainless steel self tailing winch mounted on mast
- Barber Hauler blocks and sheets for jib for enhances sail shape control
- Bruce 22lb anchor, 100’ ½” nylon anchor rode w’ six feet of 5/16” chain.
- Lines, fenders with fleece covers.
- Boat hook with storage brackets in forepeak.
- Interior throw pillows.
- Life jackets.
- Varnished teak flagstaff with ensign.
- Stainless steel folding swim ladder with mounting brackets on starboard side midships and storage bracket in forepeak.
- Canvas mooring cover - secured under boom and covers entire cockpit and cabin top
- Cabin sole cover
- Foredeck hatch cover
- Boom awning
- Hoistable jib sleeve for additional sun protection
- Winslow 40SLRR four person rescue raft
- Telescoping aluminum boat hook (stores in forepeak)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Morris Yachts
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 42
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 46
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 44
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Unknown, ME, United States